Inactive Topic Morale Re-View

DeletedUser54956

Suggestion Type: Improvement
Idea: The Morale % ratio should be increased(Higher points,lower morale) from the admins.

Brief Description of Idea:

If someone with 7 cities the same points per city as you, can not have 100% morale against you that have 3.
The % difference between players of different Point ratio should be increased(Have lower morale) .This way you balance the game better.
I am seeing to much players leave the game because they are overwhelmed from players who started time before them and cant protect themselves adequately;morale should help them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

The thing is, the points is actually a better way of measuring for morale than city number is. Let's take your example.

You say that 7 cities vs 3 cities is unfair, even if they come up to the same total number of points. Yet, while there are some factors in favour of 7 cities (more cities to send attacks/supports from, can run more victory processions at the same time, more heroes can be used at once, etc), there are a bunch of factors in favour of having 3 larger cities, mainly based on the fact that those 7 cities can't be as well-developed as the 3 larger cities.
- Academy level: the 7 smaller cities may be missing access to some of the good higher-level researches, such as ram, phalanx, conquest, cartography, etc.
- Farm levels: the way combat works in this game gives an advantage based on numbers as well. So if attacking a city stacked with biremes, 3 fleets of 300 LS is going to do more damage than 7 attacks of about 130 LS (technically about 128.57 LS).
- Special buildings: highly likely that not all of the 7 cities will have both special buildings.
- Barracks/harbour/temple level: the smaller cities may not have the right levels to produce some units, such as horsemen/chariots/myth units/colony ships. And if they have a high enough level of one type of building, they have not developed as much somewhere else.

I'm sure that there are more factors, I just can't think of them at the moment.

DeletedUser54956

The problem with this game is worse then i thought...!
I just had a 100% morale attack from someone with 10 Cities while i have 3.

My cities :
Cities
  • 6905 points |

• 12090 points |

• 10965 points |
His cities:
  • 11565 points |

• 12056 points |

• 13734 points |

• 13053 points |

• 10694 points |

• 12384 points |

• 12810 points |

• 10960 points |

• 10267 points |

• 12512 points |
Haw can he have 100% Morale against me!!!

The Admins should start looking to other strategic games to understand better haw STRATEGIC games work.

DeletedUser54886

[(Points Defender/Points Attacker)*3+0.3]*100
(29960 / 132869) *3 +0.3 * 100 = 97%

So it was not a 100% Morale... and the Morale effect is starting to kick in for this player... if you had only 2 cities...

(19960 / 132869) *3 +0.3 * 100 = 75%

And 1 city...

(12000 / 132869) *3 +0.3 * 100 = 57%

Making it twice as hard for him to attack the player... you are thinking it is bad because 2 players are in the same category, but the difference in size between you two is negligible in the scheme of things, you get players with 100 or 200 cities... that is where Morale is designed to keep them disadvantaged against smaller players... not in a 10 versus 3 situation, where you are both considered in a comparable range...

DeletedUser54956

What ? I am a lier? Look the math,cuz i see the facts. Here it is the report and see what cities he has if they are the one i said or not and see also his morale.
[report]3db85c2cb8c07e9b11781f7939b2b01f[/report]

What i want to say is that the Morale is implemented in a game with a reason,and that is to protect small,new players and is an important Strategy reason. If that morale will not work you will have in the game only 'Click to upgrade players',or what in 'Tribal Wars' we call 'Point Whores'.
If the morale in this game does not work,then i ,we can NOT call this game A STRATEGY game.

As for alliance members,you can not pretend to appoint all your protection to a game to others. Today youth change Alliance in here like ... ;there is no loyalty. As soon as a big alliance attack a small one,all flee or join the enemy like cowards.

Rise Morale if you want to rise the quality of this game and number of players.

DeletedUser54192

The morale system isn't perfect, I'll agree on that. But I still think it is an adequate system as it is. While I don't play loads of different games and therefore haven't checked everything, I highly doubt there is any game with a perfect balancing/handicapping/matchmaking system.

Morale does work fairly well in providing assistance for smaller players. Here are a few examples of things that wouldn't happen if the morale system didn't work:
- Low morale CS drivers on conquest - virtually every major conquest team has probably done it at some point, and it is a pain to come up against. Why? Because it is effective and hugely benefits small players.
- Larger players having issues clearing smaller cities - I have seen a lot of instances where people have asked smaller players to help them clear a target, because the larger player's morale really screws up their chances of clearing it with any sort of acceptable ratios.
- Hard to wipe out players on morale worlds - if you fail to wipe out a player in one go on a world with morale active, it can become a complete pain to deal with them after that. You often end up with colonisations appearing in annoying areas, yet you can't take them easily because morale mucks up the ratios.

The level of loyalty in this game has basically nothing to do with the morale system, so far as I have seen. There are many reasons, but I have never seen someone change sides because they didn't like the morale system.

DeletedUser54886

I am not at all saying you are lying, I am just saying, that you are right on the edge of when morale stops effecting his attacks against you... the system is designed to stop large player attacks on small players... but allow players within a similar bandwidth (based on points) to attack each other... you are at the bottom of the band he is at the top, if you were any smaller he wouldn't bother with you, if he was any bigger he wouldn't bother with you... you cant have the morale system being so close that you have to be within 5 cities of the other player or that, because then very large players would never be able to fight anyone... and very small players would have a massive advantage to grow... I agree the system is not perfect, but it works ok...

DeletedUser54495

The problem with this game is worse then i thought...!
I just had a 100% morale attack from someone with 10 Cities while i have 3.

My cities :
Cities
  • 6905 points |

• 12090 points |

• 10965 points |
His cities:
  • 11565 points |

• 12056 points |

• 13734 points |

• 13053 points |

• 10694 points |

• 12384 points |

• 12810 points |

• 10960 points |

• 10267 points |

• 12512 points |
Haw can he have 100% Morale against me!!!

The Admins should start looking to other strategic games to understand better haw STRATEGIC games work.

The morale system won't just suddenly "not work". It's an in game calculation. I would be much more inclined to say you have mis posted something or maybe you are not even playing in a morale world LOL

DeletedUser54192

or maybe you are not even playing in a morale world
I wouldn't say that that was impossible. I remember that I was convinced that Pagasae was a morale world for about 4 or 5 days before someone pointed out the settings as written on the forum title.
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

DeletedUser54956

For me the best Morale calculation in a game has www.tribalwars.net
In that game the enemy need 2 Nukes,Full Offensive villages(full offensive units /village) to clear you out if you are defensive. The enemy has 50% morale if he has 7-8 villages(if you have 3) ( if all villages has same amount of points).This is for me the best Morale Calculator in my idea.

My alliance has been rearranged and has kicked all the low points players,me,even if we had more troops then points. There is something wrong with this game when another player with 12 cities in here can clear me out now with a single Nuke(Full offensive City) and has another 11 others to beat the crap out of you? In Tribalwars he would never cross his mind to loose all his troops with 50% morale against me,but even if he wants he can take me out,but it would cost him a lot(5-6 nukes). If i loose my city with that kind of effort,i congratulate my enemy. Thats why that game has so many players,and it is real addicted game,after all it is a real Strategy game.

Now that i am with no alliance(the previous one control all the zone,all my cities are near the previous one),there is no Morale to help me stay in this game. Its just the option to delete the Grepolis bookmark from my browser(that is not a bid deal after all).

If you want,take this idea in consideration ,its for the games good,if not,does not meter to me personally. This was my idea.

DeletedUser54192

The morale system does work. And I can give some clear examples that show that it does help smaller players:
- The intentional use of small point players to send CSs in conquest worlds, aka low morale CS drivers. These are horrific to attack, because of how effective morale is.
- I've had large enemy players refuse to continue attacks on me because of how much morale was hurting them. One of these players was a heavy gold user who was basically instant-buying a fair number of his nukes, so imagine the effect on players who can't afford to do that.
- Low point plants in the enemy core in mid-late stages of the game, especially near WW time. This works well in both revolt and conquest, and can be a real pain for the team that it is used against.
- Early game skirmishes and attempting to farm smaller players. Most players here have done it - they outgrow newer players or lower activity players on their island, wipe their troops out, and then try to farm them. There's a reason that this is easier on non-morale worlds than on morale worlds. On morale worlds, you can't leave it too late to wipe the enemies troops if you are growing a lot quicker than them, or it is going to be costly for them. And then the farming - if you are trying to farm someone and they keep activating militia, hiding resources on the market, and rebuilding the wall whenever they can, that gets to be more effort than it is worth, a lot of the time. On a non-morale world, it's a lot less costly to farm smaller players on your island.

These are all examples that show the morale system does help smaller players in a significant way. It's not perfect, and there are times when everyone wishes that the morale favoured them a little more (as an attacker or as a defender), but it is a pretty good system.