Guide Morale

DeletedUser

I'm on my first Conquest world with morale (Delos) so...if I get my CS into someone's city and it's counter-attacked, does my own morale rating apply against the attack or the one the current owner of the city would have?

DeletedUser

The size of the city owner (not the besieger) is used to calculate the morale - Not 100% sure on this as I am repeating what I read and can't find the source at the moment

DeletedUser23649

The size of the city owner (not the besieger) is used to calculate the morale - Not 100% sure on this as I am repeating what I read and can't find the source at the moment

Incorrect - the morale calculated on the besieger is used against the attackers trying to break the siege.
Barbarians used the tactic very successfully on GW. Barbarians would use a very low point player with only a couple of cities to land the CS, and then stacked it to the hilt. The morale on our attacks was so bad we couldn't make a dent in it.

DeletedUser

Very good tactic, has been used on my world quite a few times. Once by our alliance. It can make the difference in defending when they have attaking morale of 50% :p

DeletedUser21774

A question asked by a player in my alliance:
"When one sends defense support and that City is attacked, how does the Morale Work i.e. Is it the City/player being supported Morale or the City/player sending supports Morale?"

DeletedUser

A question asked by a player in my alliance:
"When one sends defense support and that City is attacked, how does the Morale Work i.e. Is it the City/player being supported Morale or the City/player sending supports Morale?"
the city owners not the supporters morale counts

DeletedUser

The morale is calculated according to the player laying siege to the city not the besieged.

DeletedUser44750

Quick question. If you send an attack at 100% morale but it has a long travel time, and during that time other cities are taken so the morale for your attack drops.

Does the attack hit with the morale that it was sent with or the morale at the time of the hit?

DeletedUser27700

I believe this would be at the time of impact. Good question.

DeletedUser

Why is it that I spied on a city then attacked with sufficient troops with 100% morale and then got a blank report of what damage I had done?

DeletedUser40768

You get a blank report when you fail to kill all the troops in the city. Some possibles reasons why you didn't kill all the troops are:

1) You may have had negative luck.
2) You may have not factored in militia or the tower's defensive boost when determining the forces needed for the attack.
3) You may have not factored in that the city can have phalanx and battering ram.
4) City may have had a defensive boost from the island quest, or a boost that they saved in the inventory from a previous event ex: Thracian Conquest.
5) The players whose city you were attacking could have cast a spell on your attack.
6) The city could have received support before your incoming attack landed.

DeletedUser

check out morale and is affects on the EN72 forum under' cosnuta -gold lemming'- really (you need to be logged into see screenshots) it shows you all you need to know about morale and why not to attack a 2k player if your 750k.. :D

DeletedUser52512

the city owners not the supporters morale counts
This is what I thought too. However I've just supported the city of a small player who got attacked by a larger player. I've calculated morale as 46% and yet I lost 506 swords, 309 archers, 428 hoplites and I only got 142 BP.
I've plugged it into the simulator and this seems to be impossible.
Any idea what could be going on here?