Discussion Morals and Attacking

DeletedUser

Hey All,

Thank you for helping me in advance.

I have been faced by a dillema

thor91468 today at 00:34

Contains 'Infractionable material'
thor91468 said:
we have never messed with you your alliance sucks I am on here because my daughter who has stomach cancer wanted to play this the doctors don't give her long and you guys pull this sh#t hope you can sleep at night because I haven't for a while thanks d#ck head.

What should I do?

Continue with my conquest attempt? Or pull out?

It is possible that this guy is lying to avoid being conquered, and it is also possible that I am attacking a cancer striken child who I have no intention of harming.

I require your answers to base my judgment on.

WAVEBREAKER

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You aren't hurting the child, you're attacking them in a game. A game is a game.

Either way, that message is 100% pure b___s___. Continue the CS attempt, then tell him to be more imaginative next time.

DeletedUser

Hypothetically if that child was genuine, I would be depriving a child of fun at her time of utmost despair.

DeletedUser

The chance that message is genuine is 0%, I would happily bet money on that.

As brutal as it is, this is a war game for a dying child just as it is for everyone else.

DeletedUser

What corinthian said they might be lying on you and even if it was true it's not your fault. This is a game some people take it above the game level as it should be. Also report him for the foul language.

DeletedUser19043

I would pull out.
It could be a scam but it could be real.
It's your choice though

DeletedUser

Personally I would pull out, there could be a chance.

DeletedUser

That's what I thought too corinth. Even if she's really sick this is a game after all.

DeletedUser

Each year, about 8,000 people in the UK develop stomach cancer

60.8million people live in the UK.

There is a 0.013157% chance that she is telling the truth.

Also due to the fact that she is a child, there is less of a chance that a cancerous mutation would occur, than an ageing adult.

Therefore I would rate the chance that she is telling the truth at 0.0013157% as on average cancer in a child is 10x less likely than cancer in an adult.

Every year tragically 100,000 children die from Cancer worldwide. The chance that she is one of the few that are tragically diagnosed with aggressive types of cancer such as stomach cancer is a very slim one...

DeletedUser

The guy is putting on a very good act...

He even tried the
Attack me if you can do so, and sleep at night
Wow... How desperate is this guy?

Who impersonates the father of a girl who faces certain death? Who does such a thing?

DeletedUser

The guy is putting on a very good act...

He even tried the
Wow... How desperate is this guy?

Who impersonates the father of a girl who faces certain death? Who does such a thing?

It's not the first attempt of its kind. This is in the 'guilt trip' line of messages.. I've had many in the 'threatening' line. "I'm friends with the admins, I'll get you deleted", "I'm a dev, if you attack me you'll be destroyed", etc.

DeletedUser19043

On second thoughts I don't think you should pull the CS.
If they are telling the truth then just say sorry afterwards =D

DeletedUser

Take the city. She gets the chance to set up shop with a new city on the outer rim where life will much more pleasant and laid back. Nobody ever said that this is Sim City where everybody gets together for milk and cookies to compare how well they have grown towns. Yeah, he's upset that his daughter, who is dying, is playing a game that is all about nothing but killing and dying and is getting attacked. That's the pretty much the only point of the game, kill or be killed.

DeletedUser

Wavebreaker, can you please report the message using the ingame report feature (envelope with red exclamation mark).

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Reported the message reluctantly...

Can you rename this thread to Illness? What should I do?

So it can be a more general discussion instead of about this singular case.