Pnp MoRC STILL merging their way thru Athens , lol!

DeletedUser22708

So it has begun, SunTzu merging into Triad lol way to go gumby

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So it has begun, SunTzu merging into Triad lol way to go gumby

It's a bit odd that you'd constitute a few members of SunTzu joining Triad as a start of a merge, considering all the experience you must have in alliance mergers.

DeletedUser22708

Considering someone sent me info from ST's forum, a merge between Triad and SunTzu is bound to happen. I guess MoRC must have more experience in merges because when an alliance merges into MoRC, it stays there and becomes a part of MoRC.
Not like we would ask another alliance to merge with some false promises and strip their leaders of all authorizations... like a certain other alliance did ;)

DeletedUser

Bunch of clowns those guys from Triad and SunTzu, I like how they are screaming about MORC multi-accounting which in fact they had the biggest cheaters (Cobra, Eranya, and others), Gumby is pathetic, gave me a speech on how he was never banned, and he ended up being banned, In my opinion, those two alliances are the worse in any world, in fact, I am embarrassed that these guys do exist and playing this server.

DeletedUser

No ban or rule breach discussion is permitted on the forum, consider this your last pleasant warning.

DeletedUser

It's a bit odd that you'd constitute a few members of SunTzu joining Triad as a start of a merge, considering all the experience you must have in alliance mergers.

someone's gone quiet.... did DM prove you wrong or have you been told shush it

DeletedUser

There are 2 awards given for any Grepolis world. The Ruler of Athens award is for the first alliance to complete four structures. The second award is called Masters of Athens for building all seven structures.~ ~ Omniverso

Hi Omniverso, you may not be familiar with the definition of victory in Grepolis
-1. Ruler Of Athens = The Server/World Winner
-2. Masters of Athens = A Consolation Prize to give players an incentive to carry on

The Ruler Of Athens is the 'Winner' of the server, as defined by Grepolis, and announced as such on the Public Forum. The Grepolis Wiki specifically says "When one alliance completely builds up and controls 4 of the 7 World Wonders then they will have 'won' that world.". This victory is announced on the Grepolis public forum here: Athens-Congratulations-to-the-alliance-Masters-of-Rogue-Chaos
From memory Athens had around 4000-5000 active players in the struggle at the point of that victory, so it was hotly contested !

Typically, many players quit their Grepolis world when its been Won and move on to another, as the Victory condition has been completed. This happened in Athens too, with around 60% of MORC's winning team having left Athens since the World was won.

However Grepolis recognise some players dont want to abandon their hard earned accounts at the peak of the competition, so the 'Masters' prize is there as a consolation prize to give them something to play on for. This is normally only earned as activity on the server declines towards the 'closure' level (normally 300 active players). No announcement is made for this secondary award as its usually only completed towards the end of the Servers life when there aren't many players left, so is much less competitive. This is true of Athens too, where we are down to just 712 active players with more leaving as time goes by.

So, as you can see, MORC did indeed Win Athens. The Masters Of Athens award, if its achieved (some servers are closed with no one earning it), is just a consolation prize awarded in the dying days of the server. So kdaroks is correct when he says "Well the worlds been won, plain and simple".

DeletedUser22590

Bunch of clowns those guys from Triad and SunTzu, I like how they are screaming about MORC multi-accounting which in fact they had the biggest cheaters (Cobra, Eranya, and others), Gumby is pathetic, gave me a speech on how he was never banned, and he ended up being banned, In my opinion, those two alliances are the worse in any world, in fact, I am embarrassed that these guys do exist and playing this server.

Fara, I've just read the last few pages of this thread and nobody has mentioned anything here about multi-accounts. Except for you.
Leonidas, The Masters of Athens award isn't a consolation prize. It is the Marathon victory. The Last Great Achievement. MoRC may have won the sprint, but we are running a 42k race here, and are getting close to that finish line....

Just goes to show the conviction of the players we have in Athens. Too bad you guys are on the other side of a war, one day, in another World, it would be nice to have an alliance capped - full of serious, active members.

DeletedUser

Leonidas, The Masters of Athens award isn't a consolation prize. It is the Marathon victory. ~ Omniverso

Well, Omniverso, some people believe the Earth is flat, despite proof to the contrary !
The fact that Grepolis dont even bother announcing the Masters award winner says it all really. I've always thought the main objective of the 'Masters' award is to keep people with premium accounts topping up ! But as the Wiki and public announcements say, MORC won Athens months ago, when there were still large numbers of active players.

Athens is a shadow of its former self now, with just 700 or so players, and ghost cities all over the place. To insist otherwise is like being the sad isolated soldier who continued to fight WW2 for 30 years after its end !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

To help you with your 'denial' problem, here's the Athens Winners announcement. Pretty conclusive don't you think ?
AthensWin_zps17d5a8c1.jpg

:D

DeletedUser22590

Well, Omniverso, some people believe the Earth is flat, despite proof to the contrary !
For those who still believe the Earth is flat, well I sincerely hope they aren't pro-creating. That would be bad.

You say the Masters award is pointless, then why are you still playing in Athens? You won your victory, and in your eyes, that is the only victory that matters, so why continue? Did you top up your premium yet? I can argue this point with you to the closing of world Athens. The crowns for Masters is my goal.

Oh and as a side note, Three of the Four wonders listed in your "Award Announcement" have been broken....

DeletedUser

Well, its not just in my eyes that we won ... its Grepolis who set the victory condition, I'm not that keen on Wonders myself, but those are the rules, so thats what we did to win.

You ask a fair question ... many in MORC decided to leave after victory was achieved, as you might expect at the end of any race ! This created a glut of hand-off and ghost cities that I didn't want to add to, for the sake of those who wanted to continue. The glut has never been cleared, which has made life a lot easier for MORC's opponents. And its those alliances that lost the main competition that obviously had more reason to stay, to try to salvage the consolation prize. But for the Winners there is less motivation to do so.

So ... I'm still here, but at a lower level of activity than for the Athens world win. And truth be told, its been the best of the 5 worlds I've participated in, so always hard to completely let go, even after the finishing line has been crossed ! Might as well see the server out to its end now !
:p

DeletedUser25249

Everyone who is still on the server is a winner in my book, i think the quality left has made it very interesting indeed.

DeletedUser

Agreed, kdaroks ! And ironically, one of the nuances of Grepolis is that the more Wonders you block, and the more you have, then the more likely you are to lose one given the increasing defensive burden ! And at this stage of the game, you only have to lose one or hold one to guarantee nobody gets the consolation prize (which of course suits Grepolis, as people will continue playing !)
:D

DeletedUser22590

You ask a fair question ... many in MORC decided to leave after victory was achieved, as you might expect at the end of any race !
Of course! I am by all means a reasonable player, and yes MoRC did win the Achievement.
So ... I'm still here, but at a lower level of activity than for the Athens world win. And truth be told, its been the best of the 5 worlds I've participated in, so always hard to completely let go, even after the finishing line has been crossed ! Might as well see the server out to its end now ! :p
Five worlds! I wonder how many years experience that covers. I've played in up to 13 worlds! Have since ghosted in almost all of them, except for a select few.
There are plenty of us who feel the exact same way, we plan on seeing the server out to the end.
Everyone who is still on the server is a winner in my book, i think the quality left has made it very interesting indeed.
KD, and Leo, I agree to a certain extent. I know there are still some players, all over Athens, that continue to play and still aren't the top quality. :pro:

DeletedUser37643

i was scrolling through this thread and found this... ROFL quite true! gumbles ended up destroying any chance SunTzu had at winning which is why i switched to Triad... Plus i got tired of being lead by an unstable Schizo

DeletedUser

Hi Fleapak,
One of the things that surprised me most in Athens was gumbles complete lack of a winning strategy!
SunTzu were in a great position to exploit the war between Triad and MORC, but never even tried to win.
That's a dereliction of duty by gumbles, after all the efforts of your members.
We eventually concluded that he was probably a real life friend of somebody in Triad leadership as that was the only way we could explain his extraordinary behavior!? I'd love to know if that was true! It would answer one of the great mysteries of Athens history! Otherwise ... what was he thinking!?

DeletedUser2595

As far as im aware gumbles is not a real life friend of triad leadership members. He is an in game friend though because he doesn't like morc.

DeletedUser

Those of us that were in Sp300 at one time can all testify that gumbles has always been unpredictable in more ways than one. When ST and RAAA had that falling out for one example.... that was ST's time to shine, but gumble's "me, myself and I" attitude ruined any chance they ever had.

Oh, and if you ever read this gumbles, let me remind you of an untruth on your profile. :)

Sp300 is still alive. It's leaders are still active. (like myself) You will never be able to finish off the elite core as long as we stick together. To bad you failed..... :)