More info about anti-timing?

DeletedUser

It's not always +/- 30 seconds, this setting can vary in each world.

DeletedUser

i'm playing in upsilon and i've seen my attack time going back upto 5 seconds and 11 seconds forward. but that's including the computer lag and internet lag, which probably adds 1-3 seconds.

DeletedUser

There is no formula. It's a world setting, just like the speed, conquer system, morale etc. with the only difference that it's not being made public by the admins who set up a world. It's up to the players to create a seperate thread in their world forums to collect the experience there.

DeletedUser

it was sarcasm mate I assumed greppo wouldn't give away their settings.

DeletedUser

I don't understand. Why is this kept a secret? Do Inno not want people to know what they're doing? What's the reason to make this game even more "newbish"? :eek:

DeletedUser

to make attack timing harder to make it easier for noobs to survive I think

DeletedUser

I don't understand. Why is this kept a secret? Do Inno not want people to know what they're doing? What's the reason to make this game even more "newbish"? :eek:

What would be the point in implementing a mechanic to prevent people sending attacks very close together, and then revealing the exact details of how that mechanic works?

DeletedUser

Jacko0, the mechanic does its work. It's not easier for newbie to survive since people cannot time attacks against them. However, if people operate on no information at all, it becomes too random. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for people to mess up several conquest attacks due to the secret details of the anti-timer? If we know that is +/- 30 seconds in speed 1, +/- 15 seconds in speed 2, then we have something to relate to. We still cannot time our attacks, but we won't randomly mess them up. It seems silly that there is no way that people can tell this, especially if it's different for every single world (giving huge problems for people who play in different worlds and get used to different settings).

DeletedUser

Asjo, that's why I suggested to create threads in the respective world forums. The more people post in those threads, the closer you will get to knowing the setting for the world.

I do agree however that there's no real point in keeping this a secret, most of us know how the mechanics work, and after sending some 50-100 test attacks, you know the numbers anyway. IMHO, it should be included in the new world announcements, because personally I'd rather like to play on a +/-3 sec world than on one with a +/-30 sec setting. Makes it easier for me to decide if I should join or not.

Maybe one day we can even have a +/-0 sec world, and on top of that, a ms display in the attacks overview .... oops...... wrong game :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Asjo, i'm not an experienced player but i think the reason for having a random of +30/-30 seconds is to force players to send attacks that are at least 1 min apart. if lucky, the attacks will land on exact same time (+30 on later attack, -30 on first attack). if not, attacks will have window of upto 2 min. newbs or not, 1min attack window will give enough time frame to dodge the first attack and kill the second wave, or you could activate militia twice if attacks take more than 3 hours.
i think this random attack time offsets make this game more interesting ;)

DeletedUser

i think the point is just to have more uncertainty in conquest attempts. it's a bit more exciting when you don't know how the attempt is gonna go rather than being 100 sure that you will have all your clearing attacks land 0.01s before your CS.

as for knowing the different settings for each world, that would be cool, but not knowing doesn't disadvantage anybody so it's no biggie imo. if you wanna know it's not difficult to work out. the only real bonus in knowing would be like double h said in deciding what worlds to play.