MOS vs BoM?

DeletedUser5554

Some im cruising grepostats and out of boredom I check out Pella and see MOS just laying in to BoM? Who messed up that NAP? Hahaha someone tell Nod the story. :)

DeletedUser

Whole story is in Pella Wars thread - basically, some of their members were supporting against our sieges of Manx alliance cities. MOS leadership was given concrete evidence of it. So instead of openly warring BOM, Volsung offered BOM the chance to boot the members in question, they refused. MOS opened up attacks on those members alone, and Iminyourpolis decided he would like war with MOS for the rest of their members, and took one of our cities.

He has since been running his mouth all over externals. That about sums it up.

DeletedUser23934

Yea, basically what Godhand said. If you read through the forums there are some details. :D haha I don't think IIYP was too far out of hand, but it kinda a whole bunch of people and gave him a whole bunch of BP. (There's a huge argument on that exact sentence.) MOS have taken 30 some odd cities from us at BOM a lot of the reason being that we're still having inactive issues. :/ Yea. It sucks. However, they have been able to taken active members cities as well so it's not just inactive's that they're taking from. If you look at the maps, you can already tell the cities they've taken. It's quite frustrating to tell you the honest truth.

DeletedUser5554

Why wouldn't they boot those guys? Old friends over guys who can't respect their own allies for sure.

DeletedUser23934

Well the NAP wasn't in place anymore and the 3 players deserved the protection the rest of us do, so we couldn't just say screw you and leave them out to dry now could we? But then it turned south and we didn't really like the whole your attacking 3 of our members and then we're still not at war thing. So we took a city without officially and diplomatically telling MOS that we'd defend and fight back, so they laid it on us.

DeletedUser1483

Theseus you are a wise and honest man. I thank you for that.

Psst. (Im winning on whos taken the most BOM Cities still!) Woohooo!

That also means that iminmypajamas is winning the "Who has taken the most MOS cities?" competition too. :p

DeletedUser

Hey Nod, how u been?

And who is iminhowdoesittastemypepe?

Rumour is he is the best player on Pi or Pie and who doesn't like Pie?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

iminmyownlittleworld is the #2 player in pi. Ooo.. #1 sorry.

Basically hes the guy you cant take 2 cities off in a day. Oh wait.. erm.

Nope. I got no idea who he is. =/ For n00bs like me.. hes not even on my radar hes so awesome.

DeletedUser

lol, nodcrush cruisin' the forums and grepostats? Why don't you come back and play with us?

Everything these guys has said is true, but they left out the part where BOM started getting internally whiny and annoying, and old Dan here left and started his own alliance - The Flood. It's I'm pretty sure I'm going to get rimmed, but at least I'll do it my way and not "death by whining from teammates". Sheesh...

DeletedUser

I think you could sum up this war like this:

MOS is like Pacman and BOM is the little white dots (chomp chomp chomp...) and IIYP is like...erm....Frogger? Yeah, that's it. Almost getting run over, but jumps out of the way at the last second.

Or maybe MOS is like Duck Hunt, and IIYP is like Dig Dug. No, that's not right either. I'll keep thinking of video game analogies while MOS keeps taking cities. Seems like an efficient use of my time. :^)

DeletedUser1483

I love that your only 2 posts in the externals are to moan about BOM. This makes me happy. :)

But guys seriously.. how can MOS expect to win when they have the #1 player from Pi. :-|

DeletedUser

So... Coming from someone who is still in BoM...
I wanted people to know that some of us aren't taking the war personally. I just finished reading the MOS side of things, and now I don't know what to think of the position we're all in.
MOS is of the opinion that they've been wronged by BoM. Some members of BoM feel the same about MOS.
I won't lie. I do feel kinda hung out to dry by not only our leadership, but also by those who moved on.
However, through it all, I harbor no ill will for any player.
EXCEPT FOR DAN!!! lol...jk:p

DeletedUser1483

There was a massive breakdown in communication between your leadership and your players.

As such it led to you thinking we had started a war with your alliance. Whereas, in truth, we offered your leadership every possible chance to avoid it or at least limit it.

This is the way i have been informed as to how it happened anyway by dan, skull and theseus. It appears even more have chosen to leave BOM now. So all credit to those who choose to stay in BOM even now.

DeletedUser33171

There was a massive breakdown in communication between your leadership and your players.

Bingo. This and the incompetent warpig attitude led me to MOS.

DeletedUser

Well I do agree there was virtually no communication between us & BoM leadership, but warpig attitude? lol
Ya maybe a little.
What I took from it... was just a bunch of stupid mistakes snowballing..
MOS absorbing WE members while we were still at war caused some less diplomatic members of BoM to attack players that switched.
Massive confusion, and bickering ensued. Diplomacy fell out the window, and here we are.
I'm sure there is a thread that contains some kind of argument about who did what first. To be honest, I don't care who made the first error in judgement. What I do care about, is making sure we all learn from this.
The most important lesson: COMMUNICATION ;)

DeletedUser1483

*cough* BOM did. *cough*

But yes. I dont care who started it either...

What is most important is we know who finished it. ;)

DeletedUser1483

Well this thread is pointless. BOM formed into 2 main alliances now. :)

Reload and House of Batiatus.

BOM has now fallen to =< Rank 10.

DeletedUser23934

It's so sad, from 10 2 2. Get the joke? Say it out loud. hehe And it's quite incredible what inactive leaders can do to an alliance. Quite amazing what active leaders can do to. ;)

DeletedUser5554

Not gonna lie BoM is the reason I quit grepolis for 3 months....Got real tired of having to fight to be organized. Even considered joining MOS but I couldn't get away with it without breaking the agreement or starting back over.