Most Memorable Beta Event

DeletedUser

What is it you remember most from Beta? Is there a funny story which sticks in your mind and you would like to share? Or how about an event that you thought would be worthy of telling everyone.

My favorite Beta memory (out of alot) was when Devondogs (then leader of Legion. , which I was a member) was under siege by Yondo. Me being the noob that I was at the time I sent my entire Armada of 6 Biremes (and I played since Beta was released) to die trying to break the siege....and I thought that was a mighty fleet. I remember bragging to Evilbart66 (who was a starter islandmate, who I thought was the best player on Beta....major Sim city player) that my attack would crush they defenders. Yea ....I can't stop but giggle at the memory. Or when I thought 2 months in was a good time to build my massive army of 20 Archers..

DeletedUser

My most memorable event has to be when I was a leader in COIG, if anyone can remember that far back.
So anyway, there I was, just taking care of the Ocean region assigned to me (44&54), making sure everyone was bolting who they were suppose to (to my everlasting shame) and building triemes in each city because they had pretty blue sails and thus, by default, had to be the best ship.
So I log out, get a good nights sleep, log in first thing in the morning just to find out, to my utter dismay, that TicTac, our then fearless leader of COIG, had completely disbanded our alliance, and booted ever single player out, all alone, in a large, heartless ocean filled with pirates.
It was my first, sobering taste of Grepolis politics that I had encountered. Luckily, things got much better for (most of) us afterward :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well I have 2, one recent, one early.

1) the early one. Taking out drb81 and 4 of his friends on my island, while they were being supported with resources and god powers from UAR in an attempt to stop me growing. (For those of you that don't know this player, he was number 1 in gamma for ages, until the introduction of morale... then he quit)

2) The recent one. Pulling one over on N3mesis 3 times in a day.
- 1. taking his city while he was at work, and persuading him to make an LS call when we had over 60 incoming supports
- 2. speed demolishing my wall on his counter attack so I could take out his land troops (he supported with alot of biremes and only remembered about the land troops when he lost half his land army to my first hit)
- 3. Controversy enused (aka jarp.) and UAE hit the rocks.

DeletedUser

Yea I remember hearing about #2 Kad was funny stuff. N3m was so full of himself it wasn't funny...solid player though. I also remember the days when I was all about down with Molon Labe and Phenomen....I had a thing against those who considered themselves "elite" on a browser game..(still do). Funny how wow almost 10 months changes things....Almost a year ..*wow just hit me*

Oh another beta memory was with a player named Arapovian and Lexi from Northwest Kindred. Lexi was clearing my cities nightly (I was dodging) I told Arapovian I was quitting and he could have my towns....He sent a CS...I sniped....Lexi got his council rights taken away since he was accused of being a spy for me since he obviously hadnt cleared me like he told Arapovian...I then counter attacked Arapovian took a couple towns with some alliance mates and he quit....then lexi quit after he opened his towns to me. (thanks NWK council)
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en2/player/35623/colonizations

DeletedUser

well I have 2, one recent, one early.

1) the early one. Taking out drb81 and 4 of his friends on my island, while they were being supported with resources and god powers from UAR in an attempt to stop me growing. (For those of you that don't know this player, he was number 1 in gamma for ages, until the introduction of morale... then he quit)

that was sons of alexander or something wasnt it???

my favourite event of beta has to be Remorce's 1on1 with me and me taking his city and making him quit after all his talk...

though our first ever alliance op (on Wockymagic) was quite spectacular too... this guy had 5 cities on the same island and had dumped everything behind his main city wall... it took some solid coordination but we took all 5 cities in a span of 2 days...

DeletedUser

I know we all know of your rimming but could you go into greater detail ( a small story) makes it more fun to read imo...and its for -looking for a word- posterior? *edit* posterity

DeletedUser

that was sons of alexander or something wasnt it???

yes, they stupidly believed Yondo's promises, until n00bs Utd. ceasefired with UAR, and Yondo back-stabbed them, as they were no longer of use to him. But drb was already dead by then.

DeletedUser1405

The most memorable moment for me was reading the bolting statement composed by Tic-Tac of Coig, and then once they had it he disbanded the largest alliance in Beta.
Couldnt beleive the way this fool acted, and hes still around on other worlds.

DeletedUser8362

My most memerable moment was a while back.

I had left myrmidons when pt was formed. I went to UAE. After 20 minutes, it looked like the forum was dead. No1 acually communicating in it. I was yet to sign onto the external forum.

Anyway, i as i didn't like it in UAE for those 20 minutes, i went to pt. I stayed in PT for 4 or 5 days. I was one of the ocean commanders. I later got into talks with FrozenCerberus, at the time 2 times my size and a big threat. He persuaded me into coming back to UAE. I got in, 3 hours later i recieved a message from devynsire. Who was another ocean 43 commander. Heres his message:

Why in the hell you keep going back and fourth between United Aegean Empire... and Myridons?

I'm going to kick you from this alliance, as you fall in my region. and revoke your invite.

message and explain, why, plus your profile to me.

Devynsire
Region 21 Commander.

(in UAE we were divided in regions which were random groups of people)

I was kicked out, then brought back 5 minutes later. It was a very stressful week. Not exactly exciting but nerve raacking for me :p

DeletedUser

Yea I was in region 2 along with Kingkeever. Bad thing about the region thing is when it started falling whole regions defected..Kad can back that.

DeletedUser

My most memorable moment was also the time I grew the most as a player.

I was perched on a loft surveying my troops. There was a quiet discontent amoungst the troops. They had trained hard, sharpened their blades, shoed the horses, polished the chariots and refueled the ships. They were ready for war, they were ready to fight for their life.

I surveyed the distant shores and the envisaged the battlefields that lay ahead. The terrain, the wind, the sun, the heat of day, the cold of night.

Who would be a worthy opponent, who could i proudly send my men against to fight, to die. AoA had fallen by the wayside. Pros Theon were running scared and crumbling at their feet.

But not too far off, I saw and incredible beast. The likes of which i had never encountered. Blood curdling eyes, fire belowing from its nostrils and a forked tongue like a snake.

I had heard rumours of this beast, the fierests opponent in all of Beta, the best fighters, the most organised and ranked number 1. They were the UAE.

They would fight tooth and nail for every inch of territory, they would die fighting, they were a murderous lot.

My navy ready and my troops primed, they set off not for battle but for war with the UAE! Into the clutches of this wild animal they marched.

They stuck a mighty blow, conquering the regional commanders city of pride, but the UAE werent to be beaten that easily. They fought back quickly, they fought back hard..........

Who am i trying to kid. Everyone knows, its was the UAE, they never fought back :(

DeletedUser

I still think that UAE beating Legion. Was a grand story.

all of Yondos Declarations on here...

Aliens Leaving... then coming back.. or did he/she?

Also in the start of the game i was in an alliance called the Free Men of Sparta, I was there from day one with all of us who defected from "the Spartans" now I was restless based on that all they wanted to do was sim... and I wanted to expand and have more control of our waters ( o43) so after some time I was messaged saying I was going to end up betraying them.. and asked to leave. I went to Mithra, made a leader. learned a few things but I wanted more. so I started the Vandals, we were about 9 members all close together and all super active, Because of this, the Free Men of Sparta got scared and merged into that MRA monster known as The Myrmidons to be safe from the 9 of us.. and we are talking 150+ members who if they put their minds together could have put me out of the game.. in the end I took the old Leader of Free Mens main city!.. sounds like a greek classic if you ask me! lol

and Mango97! way to make me look like a paranoid Jerk! i should kick you from THIS alliance for such insolence ;)

DeletedUser

may not be the most memorable, but this was one of the earliest (way back then not many players had many towns/forces lol)....even though the forces displayed are pathetic, the execution was the fun part....i guess i remember how sorry I felt for the guy

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=4471

DeletedUser3288

The most memorable moment for me was reading the bolting statement composed by Tic-Tac of Coig, and then once they had it he disbanded the largest alliance in Beta.
Couldnt beleive the way this fool acted, and hes still around on other worlds.

TicTac is a fool.

I was the number 1 player on delta for a while, and he was always trying to catch me up despite me pulling away from him. He messaged me one day when he closed to within around 5000 points of me, so i conquored 3 other cities as i had the CP for loads lying around.

Messaged him saying something alone the lines of "ah you almost caught me up" to which he replied "ill be number 1 by december" (this was in around march)

so i said to him "december? thats a long way away" to which his reply was "i would conquor your cities to get number 1 faster but we are in a NAP"

this was a man with around 20k BPA to my 100k, hes so dillusional and i believe he got to number 1, then the alliance i was in before i quit wiped him from about 35 cities to a current 17, and how long he keeps them im not sure!

DeletedUser

Can we keep this on topic, other worlds have no reason to be in here. Lets keep it PnP free and fun but focused on topic. BTW Qlander I remember reading that post way back when and wondering who you were.

DeletedUser8362

and Mango97! way to make me look like a paranoid Jerk! i should kick you from THIS alliance for such insolence ;)

lol i was soo scared of you i thought you were going to kill me :p no worries though, i was jumping back and forth there for a while o_O definattly can see where you were coming from :pro:

DeletedUser

I'd have to say my first conquer.

I was still just a mayor, the owner of one city. My city was somewhere around 5-6k points. My alliance was COIG, and for some reason, this puny alliance named Imperial Alliance was...threatening me. Two of their members attacked me. Apparently, the second member did it on command. I began plotting.

Soon enough, an opportunity rose. By the time it arose though, I was in the United Nations (this was post-COIG dissolution). I asked them for help in an attack, but being the crappy alliance they were and still are, nobody responded. For one reason or another, Imperial Alliance dissolved. I had been militarizing my lone city, preparing for an attack. I threw my new army at my harasser, and I successfully conquered his city.

DeletedUser

Yea Blod (from Phenomen) helped me get my 1st city. (Since he broke my other 2 since he was in UAE at the time, and I was in NWK) I failed like 3 attempts before he got me that city. Since then I can take them myself but I remember how depressing it was to fail a siege. I sent a CS at Kingkeever once and lost to his Militia. XD