Most Memorable Beta Event

DeletedUser

Hehehehe, good old militia :)
Another small event I remember was when I was in UAE and conquered Kron's city (NWK) but he was inactive and we had a personal NAP, BUT we both agreed that the moment one of us quit, the other got to get our cities.
Well, long story short, this kicked off a HUGE counter attack by NWK that escalated into a small war between our alliances. Eventually Yondo and click55, leader of NWK came to an understanding and made amends at the expense of my city I took.
But in the long run, all turned out well, as now Phenomen owns all cities on any of my islands and that little war gave me close to 30k battle points and placed me #6th in defense rankings for a few weeks. Good times, but little sleep that week....

DeletedUser

My most memorable event has to be when I was a leader in COIG, if anyone can remember that far back.
So anyway, there I was, just taking care of the Ocean region assigned to me (44&54), making sure everyone was bolting who they were suppose to (to my everlasting shame) and building triemes in each city because they had pretty blue sails and thus, by default, had to be the best ship.
So I log out, get a good nights sleep, log in first thing in the morning just to find out, to my utter dismay, that TicTac, our then fearless leader of COIG, had completely disbanded our alliance, and booted ever single player out, all alone, in a large, heartless ocean filled with pirates.
It was my first, sobering taste of Grepolis politics that I had encountered. Luckily, things got much better for (most of) us afterward :)
I too had the dubious distinction of being a leader in COIG and orchestrating the bolting campaign (well, it was about the only activity half of our players couldn't screw up on). I well remember Tictac's cowardly and dishonourable exit when he was on the point of being pwned. After trying to find new alliances for our old members I noticed the old COIG banner lying trampled and unwanted in the mud. I took it home, washed and ironed it and it still flaps pathetically over my cities. Sometimes old comrades sailing by notice it and drop in for tea and crumpets. Actually, I'm realising that this is not an interesting event at all.... I'll shut up and slink back into obscurity.

DeletedUser

I feel like we should be having our version of the Nuremburg trial for bolt crimes. (if this is offensive please delete!)

And don't Ant, you just keep keeping on. It's always good to remember the good times since most of us have spent X amount of time playing Grep. I know I have wasted my youth...(now Im semi-old)

DeletedUser1405

The daft thing about all this is that poor individual Tic Tac is enjoying star statuse in Delta if im not mistaken, i was giving him some grief a couple of nights ago, he asked i didnt remind him of hiw Beta days and asked to be left alone, now im sure everyone is going to honour his wish. ;)

And hes still bragging about his vicious attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The funniest thing I have experienced so far is this

1. I attacked a TeA city with all the troops from one of my cities, I lose all my troops because he got support.
2. About 12 hours later 2 other TeA members spend so far over 65,000k in silver trying to spy on the same city. Ha Ha and they still don't know. If I lost all my troops only 12 before hand how many troops are there going to be in there! lol:D

DeletedUser

The most memorable moment for me was when I left Myrmidons & followed Dash Branagan (sp?) to Pros Theon.

Put a bad taste in my mouth for the server after that because he went inactive shortly there after, not sure what all went on but they broke apart an alliance to form a bum alliance and in the end caused both alliances to get flushed.

Also remember attacking Pirate Adam21 of Phenomen while I was allianceless after Pros Theon & Bowzer got on to me :O

Funny part about that was later on once I so undeservingly got accepted into Phenomen later came to find out he was a spy for UAE, he doesn't exists anymore XD

DeletedUser

I remember I was always nervous about you in my early days because you were the leader of Imperial Alliance, and you were right next to me lol.

DeletedUser1405

The funniest thing I have experienced so far is this

1. I attacked a TeA city with all the troops from one of my cities, I lose all my troops because he got support.
2. About 12 hours later 2 other TeA members spend so far over 65,000k in silver trying to spy on the same city. Ha Ha and they still don't know. If I lost all my troops only 12 before hand how many troops are there going to be in there! lol:D

Ever heard of support, thats not very funny. Remember its always better to check before hitting a village to make sure there is no party going on.
:eek:

DeletedUser

The daft thing about all this is that poor individual Tic Tac is enjoying star statuse in Delta if im not mistaken, i was giving him some grief a couple of nights ago, he asked i didnt remind him of hiw Beta days and asked to be left alone, now im sure everyone is going to honour his wish. ;)

And hes still bragging about his vicious attacks.
I've started a thread on the delta forum, advertising his shenanigans.:D

DeletedUser

Ok guys, back on topic =D. I think some new memories are coming around as the old orders are starting to show cracks. Ya know the 1st town I took was from a player named Lise...he is still around....nice fella too. Shame you can't give towns to people =(

DeletedUser

I remember my own cs. I sadly had to turn on a friend :( I offered to give him a city

DeletedUser

My Best memory was living next door to Nicknoble (from UAE) on my island. He was a donkey. Attacked me kos he thought i was a sim player, then got bit...that was my first BP when i was new to the game. He went on Vacation mode, and My friends and i just kept waiting and waiting...As soon as he came off it we attacked, and he sent us:

"Why would you attack me? I am sure we have nothing to fight about"

He is no longer in my ocean ^^

DeletedUser

Scheul was here

It s time to say good bye so here i write my most memorable events:

-Aliens the player, a real alien
who was growing up as crazy close to me, i was in COIG, i choosed to join him 2 weeks before Tic Tac boomed it, as i felt he wasnt holding the situation.. I hesitated between UaE and Pheno, i diont join UaE because around me they were farms opportunities, i didnt choos to join Pheno because for my previous experience Elite's lliance fails because of his arrogance..

- I was ordered to move east, i was fighting in Alien's shadow, we were communicating on skype everyday. We were fighting Lion and Pheno.

Jaclayne and her mates
The best moment was at the beginning of the war versus Phenomen, i was fighting Jaclayne, she was bigger than me (i was told it was she), she got many small Pheno players around her, i cleaned them one by one and made her busy, i remember i was in permanent victory process, i helped many UAE to conquer her mates, unfortunately i forced her to give up in VM and she didnt say me good bye..,

Aliens leaving + morale and luck effects,
a big loss, the new "cowards" leadership sold AoA to UAE, many left because of Morale and luck's effect, was it an "excuse"? He came back to me after end of his VM but disappeared totally

AoA leadership
- Then one day i discovered i became leader of AoA, i dont know who gave me the crown?, begin of a new adventure. I was like a scarecrow, i allowed me to focus on attacking i didnt have to post in forum who i would attack and conquer, I was earning many BP's.

Yondo Willcx
i got issues with UAE big leaders because of cross fire: My position was if i cleaned a city then i conquer it, if i met defense i was breaking them. Fortunately Yondo was protecting me, he left i didnt organise anything with him, neither willcx. I dont know what happened between Yondo and egod but i believe they wont spend their holidays together...lol

Kadja
- Then the fights versus Kadja, my "best ennemy", in may i believe i cleaned half of his cities, i left him alone as i was thinking that this defensive player would be a source of BP. Really. yes i understimated him. Thats why i tryed to conquer him in July, too late. I failed , back again in september.
- i wanted to organise something during summer with UAE but no one was willing

N3mesis
N3mesis was working with me a lot, he was always connected, acting fast and smart, got always a Map and people we got good battles, but he was bored, he was suspicious that some account were played by several players...

Synergy:
2nd of october I created Synergy, i was bored to play ans some players (even ennemies) convinced me to create a new alliance, i was ok for another game in the game. I am not really a Leader, i am more a good advisor.
The aim of Synergy was to balance versus Phenomen, however some alliance decided to attack us, perhaps i did mistakes: didnt explain well to others that if all Elites join, the teams would be unbalanced. Where is the fun to get scores like 50 vs 0 ? its like an adult team playing versus kids at soccer, and just laugh when a kid got injuried...
I believe these alliance dont look further than their nose...

I wish cofounders didnt leave me, it was their ideas to form Synergy. Are they betrayers, disappointed or opportunists ? whatever..it s a game and they perhaps deserve not to loose.

King of the Hill + Forum
When mods launch it was like they dropped a bomb in my ocean, people were invading my ocean from everywhere...besides i discovered that there was a communication war on this Forum..
At last we got is The conquest of the God's Hill, useless but we did it.

2nd of december,
i told my mates to leave me alone. Due to Real Life i reduced my playing time, i cant hold the alliance, i told them the truth: find an opportunity with better alliance, i would lead them to death and game over.

the end ?

In January there would be one year i play. I believe i will be totally surrounded by Phenomen. I hope one day the whole alliance will attack and conquer all my cities in less than one week. I hope to disappear quick as i will fight until the last slinger.

Awards...
i was seral time attacker of the day, i was 1st in my ocean, i was in top world ten, i
was 1st attacker and best fighter, i lead the 1st alliance few weeks.

Now for the people who insulted me or direspect me here and there on this forum, i dont understand, most of you i dont know who you are and you dont know who iam??? I understand KAdja is making me provocation. But others, is it because it s free ?? Whatever.. i cant be friend with everybody.

All in all, Real Life is here, i have a really good job opportunity, my girlfriend will join me.

HAve fun in the Game, and all the best in Real Life.

Scheul
Yep i am a f...ing french working in Ireland, selling softwares to french and german markets..
Thats 's why i have always my caps lock on, my keyboard is an Azerty, and if i want to enter figures...

DeletedUser

Trying to save dharma's Leelapolis, on the island of my Knossos. I swear we got it to extremely little several times, but never all the way. If only I used some Heroic Powers. :D
Congratulations on your new city Gusto, and don't expect to keep it forever ;)

DeletedUser

I would have to say one of the funny and probably most fustrating events for the attackers, was when UaE and AoA decided to try and get rid of Xmortis towns in O55. I think it was from Lions players joining us, and had some players in O55....anyhow I do remember the endless attacks on WildThingElvis and his town. I stacked it with biremes and wasted their attacks for weeks. I think x-eye or thor or someone else was on the same island and was also farming him via land - well a nice troop spike messed it up for them and I think they got mad cos even more sea attacks came in after that. I even recall some Pros Theon collaboration there at one point, and even SoT all failures. Every time some of my briemes would die, I would just re-stock them up, i was making them faster than they could be destroyed. Elvis got so much BP off that he ended up with stacks of VP's off it. Soon after they started hammering diamontrond24, and a few others in the southern part of O55 - most of them quit anyhow, so they where attacking inactives, except diamontrond24 stuck in there and got support and again like elvis, got attacked day in day out for weeks while they tried to conquer all his towns. Eventually we relocated the 2 active most players that stuck with it and got them to safety with a stack of culture points. it was funny to see just how many LS's were destroyed, all because of me ....now uz know ;}

I also recall the time we wasted Pros Theon's support forces removing nandil (ex-AoA at the time) with SeS. They were interesting times, I guess hair raising for PT, but it wasn't done that way by accident ;} PT fell soon after and they wasted a lot of forces for nothing, X ended up caging nandil on an small 1-2k town, which we farmed down to under 1k and he eventually went ghost and went for killing a few other strategically key players. I do recall the pm's from TheSpartinKing in the final days before he was sorta forcefully removed from the game, always perversely optimistic that PT would come out of it ok in the end - even to the degree of giving a false sense of hope. Oh well, the "tria" should have listened to X when they split from Myr....never mind

Its sad that this game can be so brutal. I long for the days when I can sit back and tend the vine yards by growing grapes and get drunk off the wine....