Moving friends closer quickly

DeletedUser

Several friends and I are planning on giving this game a try. We would like to have cities near one another asap after starting. Does anyone have any pointers on the fastest way to make this happen? What building route would enable relocation in the shortest amount of time?

Thanks for any tips.

DeletedUser

You should be able to pick a direction to start your polis in. make sure you all do it in the same direction on the same world and you should end up close to each other. If one of you somehow does it wrong then they should be able to restart and pick the right direction.

DeletedUser

We did the same direction and yet still ended up quite a distance from one another. Do armies move over water swiftly? If that is the case then it may not be as big of a deal. As it is now we are about 20 islands away from one another which seems like it would be a problem in regards to mutual defense.

DeletedUser

As long as you all read the guides it should be fine. Most people like having an island to themselves. If you read the guides and the wiki you should be fine, I don't knwo where you are up too but get yourself a barracks and academy quickly don't build your stone mine up too much early on.

The most important thing is to farm constantly. i.e. send your swords and archers to farm villages to get resources. I'm not sure how fast the transport is, you can always get fast transport ships if it is going to be problem. This game is good for defenders so you should be fine, remember militia aswell

DeletedUser2663

did you all start around the same time. if it is a new world one could start right in the middle and the next to join could be on the edge of the core because the world gets filled so fast. if an developed world it can be tricky as there could be 3-5 possible oceans each direction could place you in.

20 islands is a decent distance. i would say at this stage its bad as its to far but if you can expand towards each other it will be a good thing as you have pleantly of room for growth

DeletedUser

You should be able to pick a direction to start your polis in. make sure you all do it in the same direction on the same world and you should end up close to each other. If one of you somehow does it wrong then they should be able to restart and pick the right direction.
You can't restart in BP

DeletedUser

Basically it's best to try and start within 5 minutes of each other in the same direction during the start of the world.