MRA This... MRA That... OMG Again?

DeletedUser

Ok maybe in World Alpha MRA discussion was worth debating benefits & detriments, but 16 worlds later with Pi, the repetitive complaining & snickering & sarcasm is becoming redundant! If there ever was, I think the thrill has long faded? How can any "dominant" player find excitement in pointing fingers & laughing at noobs for their lack of experience?

There will always be MRA & could you imagine how boring the worlds would be without? Let the MRA be MRA, they will eventually learn the ropes!

Just ranting, I was hoping to see posts of more value rather than the cliché mumbo jumbo!

DeletedUser

On another note if MRA annoys you that much, use it as inspiration to show them an alternative... or just take out your frustration on them in game by flexing your superiority!

DeletedUser

MRA's will not be respected because 90% of the their leader are to ignorant to realize their a MRA or thinks that a MRA can survive therefore they should not be allowed to lead...

DeletedUser

You know, you could have posted this in Omicron, or Xi, or Lambda, or Eta, or Iota. But you know you wait for this world, so long story should it will always happen so you waste our time making this thread on something that will be talked about with many worlds to come.

DeletedUser

so you waste our time making this thread on something that will be talked about with many worlds to come.

If you thought reading it was a waste, then so would be responding. Your argument applies to what you just said, yet you fail to practice what you preach. Maybe the thread Pi Type will be more your speed tiger?

At least FBLynchy had some constructive criticism... he thought it was cute! =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is that the only part of the post you decide to acknowledge?? The content of my post is just stating what you decide not to quote, as you "wasted our time posting about something that will be talked about for worlds to come."

DeletedUser

Feel free to delete this thread, I do not want to keep wasting Kz Bloo's time.

DeletedUser

I agree that the discussion has long gone stale, however, just like the MRA's that keep popping up, the discussions about them will also never stop

DeletedUser15202

This thread is now effectively redundant, our mod should close it.

DeletedUser

Ryan will not close it. He is teh lazy mod. ;)

Anyway, to liven up the discussion a bit I thought I would add my two cents.

MRAs have been around from the very start of Grepolis. Well, the name calling certainly has been. Sure, for a while it was relevant and highly inventive, but to be fair it is starting to get fairly unoriginal. It seems that now, any alliance who has unknown members and is slightly larger than the average alliance is automatically given this dastardly name.

There are some people that will take this name offensively now, but there is certainly players who could not care less anymore. The true question should be: what exactly is wrong with being 'labelled' an MRA? There have been many alliances given this name that have definitely proven the stereotype to be incorrect.

DeletedUser

Ryan will not close it. He is teh lazy mod. ;)

Anyway, to liven up the discussion a bit I thought I would add my two cents.

MRAs have been around from the very start of Grepolis. Well, the name calling certainly has been. Sure, for a while it was relevant and highly inventive, but to be fair it is starting to get fairly unoriginal. It seems that now, any alliance who has unknown members and is slightly larger than the average alliance is automatically given this dastardly name.

There are some people that will take this name offensively now, but there is certainly players who could not care less anymore. The true question should be: what exactly is wrong with being 'labelled' an MRA? There have been many alliances given this name that have definitely proven the stereotype to be incorrect.

I like this guy.I myself think nothings wrong with MRAs.

DeletedUser

Excellent argument Dobby. I think the term MRA is actually becoming an adjective loosely thrown around to ignite anger by insulting competing alliances! Evolving into a double meaning, or by definition can be used in two different contexts!

To WM802, please do not interpret incorrectly, nothing wrong? Well there a are a few flaws with their strategy. But we have to remember, many of these noobs are clicking Facebook advertisements & in real life are just average children or average dads... moms even... etc!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

in real life are just average children or average dads... moms even... etc!

There is nothing wrong with being average, it gives you something to reach for i would say some of the best grepolis players i know are average or below average in real life.

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with being average, it gives you something to reach for i would say some of the best grepolis players i know are average or below average in real life.

I didn't mean that negatively. I am average. What I meant by this:

But we have to remember, many of these noobs are clicking Facebook advertisements & in real life are just average children or average dads... moms even... etc!

Is generally speaking, these forums seem to possess this negative sentiment & an expectation that every new player should have this natural born expertise not to be MRA associated! It is just insane how some of these noobs get treated when they post something. Almost like all the experienced players tag-team & sabotage their threads! Is that a warm welcome?

DeletedUser

Yup that's my welcome. "I love you noobs" -strangles the noobs-

DeletedUser

I am sure that in the first instance that the word was used, then intention of it was to be a derogatory word to put down a fellow players alliance. Maybe at the time it would have been considered offensive, but nowadays I cannot see it being so as much. In my eyes, the many times it has been used now (with the majority of those having 'false' uses) have led to word becoming redundant.

Now, it appears as if it is not at all insulting and the word has lost most of, if not all of, its purpose.

My issue is more with the way in which the phrase is used. I am not against the using of the phrase and, in fact, have used it several times myself. However, my feeling is that it should be used in the correct context and not just whenever an alliance with a slighting higher member count than normal appears on any world.

DeletedUser

Excellent argument Dobby. I think the term MRA is actually becoming an adjective loosely thrown around to ignite anger by insulting competing alliances! Evolving into a double meaning, or by definition can be used in two different contexts!

To WM802, please do not interpret incorrectly, nothing wrong? Well there a are a few flaws with their strategy. But we have to remember, many of these noobs are clicking Facebook advertisements & in real life are just average children or average dads... moms even... etc!

Grepolis doesnt advertise on facebook.