Mra

DeletedUser

I know this is daft but where did the term Mra come from? i know what it mean but why?

DeletedUser

It means Massive Recruiting Alliance. As far as I know, it came from TW.

DeletedUser29867

I guess it came early when grepolis was starting out, the alliance cap on some worlds (correct me if i'm wrong) was unlimited or fairly high like 500. However I have no clue who created it though, :D

DeletedUser

Not sure where it came from either lol. Could be TW or other like games and the phrse just migrated. Never heard it at all in Alpha, when the cap was unlimited. Didn't start hearing it till Zeta.

DeletedUser10527

Means an alliance recruiting everything around without looking their grepostats, PMing, ABPs or any stats just recruiting cuz of ranking and MRAs usually dont last much.
Hope helps :)

DeletedUser6378

I know what it means i see it all over other forums. when i first started playing grepolis there was no such thing.

I would like to know when you started playing grepolis. When I started playing that acronym was already around and I started playing only 6 weeks after grepolis was first released.

DeletedUser

in earlier worlds, the cap limit in an alliance was more than required. like, 200, 250, sometimes even 500. many new players made alliances in those days and invited nearly evenyone just to fill up the places even without checking the player at all. those alliances were termed as mra because their members were located in nearly every ocean of the world and there was practically nothing in their forums. in many even the founders were inactive.lol
i myself was a member of an mra when i started. we had members in nearly 13 oceans. lol

DeletedUser

in earlier worlds, the cap limit in an alliance was more than required. like, 200, 250, sometimes even 500. many new players made alliances in those days and invited nearly evenyone just to fill up the places even without checking the player at all. those alliances were termed as mra because their members were located in nearly every ocean of the world and there was practically nothing in their forums. in many even the founders were inactive.lol
i myself was a member of an mra when i started. we had members in nearly 13 oceans. lol

MRA has been around far longer than Grepolis ever has. I heard it on Gamma/Epsilon/Zeta. It was used in Kingsage which was before Grepolis. As well as that other greek one that I can't remember lol

DeletedUser5554

In worlds beta-gamma there was no alliance cap so if someone wanted to recruit 800 players to their alliance they could...Higher member counts were also very common back then because because of low world choices everyone was split between 3-4 worlds. The first player cap came out on Delta.