Guide Multi-city strategy

DeletedUser

I'm lookin to get a balanced city as my first. Any suggestions?

DeletedUser

When the attack is in progress, and about to hit, send your offensive troops at his city from which he is attacking, so that your attack hits right before his attack returns home, so you catch his other offensive troops off guard and destroy them easily.

You mean right after, surely? Ideally, you want to land your attack 1 second after theirs would be returning home, so that they have no chance to dodge their troops.

DeletedUser18132

No! I mean right before, to kill any other attack troops and take all his resources.

DeletedUser

No offence but sounds slightly senseless, that way he can get defence in his own city and can move his attacking troops out. Surely you'd want to wait unitll his troops get back home and hit them, so atleast that way if he has defence in his base - you crush his main force of attacking troops he just hit you with?

DeletedUser

No offence but sounds slightly senseless, that way he can get defence in his own city and can move his attacking troops out. Surely you'd want to wait unitll his troops get back home and hit them, so atleast that way if he has defence in his base - you crush his main force of attacking troops he just hit you with?

That's what I meant. Backtracing. Calculate the exact time that your opponents troops will be returning home, and hit him 1 second later. As offensive troops generally have low defensive stats, it's a massacre. Easy BP for you, and a blow to your opponent, as he is forced to rebuild.

DeletedUser

Although anti-timing can make that a bit difficult, it is a very effective strategy when it works.

DeletedUser

New chapter: Distribution of cities

Due to questions about when specialize your cities and how to prioritize the different types, I have added a new chapter called "Distribution of cities", which shortly deals with this issue.

DeletedUser

A very good strategy, but one must be careful. You don't know if the attacker has built a lighthouse or researched cartography (which would lessen travel times) unless you are online when the attack is sent. You may in fact have to send your attack before the incoming lands at your city, in order to have your attack land just after his/hers returns. Otherwise, the attacker would have time to dodge your attack, and your city could be left vulnerable for another attack. Nevertheless, a good strategy when executed properly

Nice job on the guide as well

DeletedUser

you didn't think you could add another section without a comment from me did you!? :p

Obviously, you first city will have to be a mixed city that can both attack and defend.
orly :cool:
to be fair, that is true enough in general. there are some players (very successful players) who may go another route though.

It is all about adopting adapting to the needs of your situation, but it is almost always advantageous to specialize right away.
for regular players, i agree with this more than anything else (y)

One advantage, however, by having cities with a bit of everything is rebuild time. If your defense is spread over several cities, you can more quickly rebuild if you lose it all. Therefore, it is often advisable for less active players to wait with specializing their cities until their have at least seven cities. At that point, you start having enough defense for more than one attack. With seven cities, you could have two bireme cities, two defensive ground cities, two light ships cities and one ground attack city, which would often be enough to attack and defense effecitvely against opponents of similar strength.
i can't really comment very well on this having never played part-time, but it makes sense i guess for part-time players. probably a bit low on attack for more regular players, but seems reasonable enough for the non-daily player :)

DeletedUser

If you are active enough, having your first city as an offensive city is ideal. You can attack and conquer, but can still break a siege on your city with either a good LS or land offensive snipe. Again, being very active is a requirement.

DeletedUser

Hi Hekatontarch,
I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread.
Just a thought which God would you compliment each of your strategies with:
Offensive God,
Land Defence God, and
Naval/Bireme Defence God

love your work :D

DeletedUser

Colony Ship

images.jpegI am planning on making a colony ship ASAP, any tips/tricks you know of? What to concentrate on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

harbour, warehouse, academy.
Level 20 harbour, 28 academy and 21/2 warehouse.

That is all you need to get a CS and conquest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Can you write a guide about which islands to put your city on e.g. what city to have on a rock plus/silver minus island. I'm thinking of getting a slinger nuke their but it will be my second city.

DeletedUser42857

Can you write a guide about which islands to put your city on e.g. what city to have on a rock plus/silver minus island. I'm thinking of getting a slinger nuke their but it will be my second city.

In my opinion the production of the island is vastly overstated.

If you look at the actual production when you have level 30 timber camp, quarry, etc, whats the difference in production? a couple of hundred an hour?

The actual production is pretty minimal, especially when you have multiple cities and can move resources from city to city easily

Much more important is having the right type of city in the right place tactically, than having it matching the +wood etc. (plus, if you build all your LS bases on +wood islands they aremuch easier for enemies to find).

What is worth looking at though is what trade the farming villages are offering.

For instance, and island where four of the villages offer wood in return for silver or rock, now thats worth having as an ls base because you can trade 8k of resources for wood right off the bat. That is worth 10x more than any +wood -rock island ever "wood" be.