Discussion My conquered city

DeletedUser

Last month I spent on this the game. I liked it. But today when I came, I saw a notice:
Your city Ustilago's city is currently being conquered:
by: Omega Solo
And what next? That's all? My city points was over 4000 and i have to start again with 0? Oh, no, that is not what i want.
Thank you for not really good game. Sorry for my english and emotions, and good bye.
From Russia with love.:eek:

DeletedUser

Last month I spent on this the game. I liked it. But today when I came, I saw a notice:

And what next? That's all? My city points was over 4000 and i have to start again with 0? Oh, no, that is not what i want.
Thank you for not really good game. Sorry for my english and emotions, and good bye.
From Russia with love.:eek:

I've been playing for about a month and a half and don't have an iota of experience to compare to most people that are on these forums. Having said that I have questions regarding your self pity diatribe.
1) Did you ever bother to read a wiki or any guides? (Especially ones written by GROM)
2) Did you ever bother to try and join an alliance?
3) Did you just build buildings because they look so nice and forget to add some troops, wall and biremes?
4) Are you online at least a couple times a day where by some odd quirk of fate you might have seen a teeny little thing called INCOMING ATTACKS?
5) Hailing from Russia as you are, are you unfamiliar with your own country's rich history of wars and conquests?
6) You do know this is a game of CONQUEST right?

Nobody in this game on any world is invincible, from the smallest city to the largest, if a Top alliance wants a city badly enough and is willing to expend the resources necessary to get it; it will happen. You should have done everything you could to make yourself a less desirable target. It's kinda like if you and me are walking in the jungle and a tiger comes at us, I don't have to be anywhere near faster than the tiger; I just have to be faster than you! Sorry but I really don't think you knew how to play the game from the onset.

DeletedUser

@ustilago gaining and loosing is the part of game
Don't get sad try again build your city and get your conquered city back

DeletedUser

It's all interesting... but what if i spent my real money on this game? If my city conquered i loose it all? It's unreal in any other on-line game. Ok. I'm going to play world of tanks.

DeletedUser

You invest what you want in both money and effort. This has become my hobby, and I've spent real money on it, upwards of $120 so far. In fact, I have a monthly budget for fun and this is now part of it. I've also been in less than a month, had my first city conquered just like you on one world, but I got into an alliance, met people, got involved. Now I'm a leader in a top alliance with 7 (within 48 hours to be 9) cities and just shy of 50,000 points. I know at some point I'll lose them all - it's the nature of the game. You have to play for the fun of playing, not for the result because the result may look pretty but it's going to get taken away by someone who is wiser, stronger, obsesses more, has more experience and better alliance-mates; but not better looking... :)

Have fun or go home.

DeletedUser

It's all interesting... but what if i spent my real money on this game? If my city conquered i loose it all? It's unreal in any other on-line game. Ok. I'm going to play world of tanks.

yeah I know its pain to loose a city after you have spent money on it but think about the entertainment you had while playing for a month,wasn't that worth ?

so just forgot all this and good luck for your new start :)