My Perspective on Why the Game is Dying.

• Thread starter DeletedUser39031
  • Start date

DeletedUser22517

In my opinion ( I've played quite a range of worlds, from speed 1 to speed 4), I think I would agree more with mungus for many reasons.

1-Speed 1 is slow, therefore it requires more time to complete the world. Also because the world is slow, production including unit production, resource production is slow, and farming demand village is also low. That forces players to think "Where should I allocate my resources to make it more efficient?" and "Is sending this manticore nuke worth the attack? I don't want to send an attack and get minimal damage).

2-To build on my previous statement, I would like to talk about speed 2,3,4. In these worlds, the speed is faster, therefore it goes faster (WW comes in quicker than speed one) In these higher speed worlds, you don't have to worry about wastng resources as you can easily get them by demanding the farming villages. Nukes can easily be build and there's not really fun doing that.

In conclusion: The only world type that's truly challenging is speed 1. Speed 1 teaches about strategy, perseverance, and making good choices; The lessons learnt from speed 1 is truly the embodiment of Grepolis

Spot on

DeletedUser44167

Top 3 reasons for me

#1: Instant Buy
In a strategy game like this
Time is a resource
To be managed
Instant Buy ruins this aspect of the game

#2: Artemis
Another flying myth is a small minus

Strongest two spells are not well thought out

Purification + (Zeus Rage or Sea Storm )
Before Artemis I do not recall being Raged or Stormed multiple times per attack
Not as much fun attacking especially in late game
If my enemy Purifies my attack from Heroic Power that should be end of it
No more spells can be played on that attack except maybe Wisdom
If attacker can not cast Aim Of The Huntress 3x on a attack why can the defender cast Zeus Rage 3x or more?

Illusion
Totally pointless to me

#3: Cash Cow Events with no purpose
Half (or more) the events can throw a world out of balance

Inno applys a event to every world no matter how old the worlds are
Some events mess up a early stage world
Others a late stage world

Events need to have a purpose in the game depending on age of the world
and not just a source of income for Inno

DeletedUser

only two words in it for me, "attack alarm". If you disagree, read the purification spell statement above then ask yourself, would this be so much of a problem if the attack alarm was still illegal, as it was in 1.26. Another modification/rule change that was introduced without player consultation.

DeletedUser22517

Top 3 reasons for me

#1: Instant Buy
In a strategy game like this
Time is a resource
To be managed
Instant Buy ruins this aspect of the game

#2: Artemis
Another flying myth is a small minus

Strongest two spells are not well thought out

Purification + (Zeus Rage or Sea Storm )
Before Artemis I do not recall being Raged or Stormed multiple times per attack
Not as much fun attacking especially in late game
If my enemy Purifies my attack from Heroic Power that should be end of it
No more spells can be played on that attack except maybe Wisdom
If attacker can not cast Aim Of The Huntress 3x on a attack why can the defender cast Zeus Rage 3x or more?

Illusion
Totally pointless to me

#3: Cash Cow Events with no purpose
Half (or more) the events can throw a world out of balance

Inno applys a event to every world no matter how old the worlds are
Some events mess up a early stage world
Others a late stage world

Events need to have a purpose in the game depending on age of the world
and not just a source of income for Inno

You complain about event and flyers and also about purification?That spell is the best defense against those myth nukes.The game designers of this game are amazing, they created bulletproof game.The problem lies with sales management.

DeletedUser44167

the game designers of this game are amazing

:D

The message you have entered is to short
Please lengthen your post by 5 letters

DeletedUser21774

Revolt does encourage super pacting (to get the game over with quicker), why? Because it IS more tedious.
Conquest encourages team play in a way that honors the busy lifestyle of people that raise kids, work, attend school.
Speed 1 does the same, while speed 3 encourages kids that want to spend a lot of time (summer vacation) on the game.
Gold encourages players to join a world solely for gold trading to support their primary game.
Gold discourages alliance building in worlds where gold trading is the predominant reason for having the world because so many players are not active team players when they are primarily there to trade gold.
The World Wonders encourages game play for people who require finality and a graceful game exit.
The never ending world theme encourages players who want to play one game for a long, long time.
The continuous improvement of game art enlarge the Inno staff, and the requirements they put on programmers and other employees. Introductions of game features that do not improve play introduces more bugs into the game.
The increased staff requires Inno to make more money, which makes them push the gold.
Pushing of gold is a distraction to the pure enjoyment of the game and makes players irritated with bugs in the game.

DeletedUser829

I joined on Alpha way-back-when. Back in those days, you could lightning bolt a city down from 10k points to 100 in under an hour. Alliances had 0 size limit. A city under conquest could have 70,000 biremes at it. Moral didn't exist.

Inno did a lot of changes to the game that caused players to leave. Rather than let the community figure the proper way to fight in a world, they started giving ruels to us.
-You can't cast 500 lightning bolts in 1 hour on a city
-Moral is now a thing
-Alliance's can't have 800 players.

When the game was open it was actually quite popular. HOwever, now, since I joined now to win my 5th world I realize it's a gold trap.
-Buy RSS with gold
-Insta-buy building with Gold (what if I just want to speed it up by 50%?)
-Insta Train with Gold.

This is a strategy game, and sadly it's turning from that into a gold mine for Inno.

When you attack with 225 Light Ships, there's the chance you'll need to wait 1 week before attacking from that city again. there was strategy in that. Ebb and Flow.

DeletedUser37948

The only problem with the game is the cost of gold its too expensive if it were cheaper golders would spend more and traders would get more

i currently trade and average 1.5 2k gold a week if gold were cheaper that would go up and with carefull planning i dont need to subsidize this income much with my own funds.

as for the mass pacting that has been a trend this is the fault, not of inno but of vet players. I currently play a 35 player team ranked 5/6 we have no pacts and are very fussy about invites. Its the best fun ive had in years :)
Instead of bitching and being scared to fail find like minded players who dare to be more, with skill hard work and gold even on revolt servers you can stand against bigger teams.

DeletedUser52860

recently even some faster conquest worlds like Dimale have been cuddle-fests. It is frustrating, the days of having maybe 1 or 2 pacts/naps are long gone and all these so called vets/legends chat on about it in the externals denying pacts which they obviously have. Someone made the point that there is a desperation for a crown which seems to make people prepared to do anything to get them; how many recent servers have seen wins dominated by treachery or dishonourable tactics rather than superior team work and strategy?

I know for some players there is still an enjoyment to standing up to this and fighting true and simple but my belief is that most people can only do it for so long before it drains the fun out of the game and they quit and then toodle of to the next sever hoping (optimistically) that it will be different.

DeletedUser37948

recently even some faster conquest worlds like Dimale have been cuddle-fests. It is frustrating, the days of having maybe 1 or 2 pacts/naps are long gone and all these so called vets/legends chat on about it in the externals denying pacts which they obviously have. Someone made the point that there is a desperation for a crown which seems to make people prepared to do anything to get them; how many recent servers have seen wins dominated by treachery or dishonourable tactics rather than superior team work and strategy?

I know for some players there is still an enjoyment to standing up to this and fighting true and simple but my belief is that most people can only do it for so long before it drains the fun out of the game and they quit and then toodle of to the next sever hoping (optimistically) that it will be different.

I play a server with very slow troop speeds and that has some interesting implications to cuddle fests

with slow troops speeds wars are localized a smaller amount of people participate in an area due to logistics this in itself negates the bonus from cuddling to some extent

Slow troop speeds also favor more skilled players so having lots of uncoordinated noobs send attacks on mass does not have the same devastating effect.

i think a move towards fast servers with slow travel speeds would help curtail mass pacting

DeletedUser23413

Emporion is entering WW stage in 1-2 weeks. It has been 80 players again the whole world since day 1. We dominated all the stats and we are going to win with ease.

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed this game in the past. Now it just seems like a waste of time. When I start on a new world and two months in I have 4 cities. While there are players who have up to 16 cities already. I guess this game is all about how much money youre willing to spend. So unfair for all the regular players who dont have a pile of cash to invest in a game. So discouraging that I dont even want to play anymore. Now they are thinking of adding new features that will allow these players to have even more of an advantage. So unfair. I understand that the end game here is probably to bring in money, so i dont expect the grepo people to stop that. Cant theu create some worlds where instant complete is not an option. At least to have a world where it is more fair for majority of players. Why would I want to spend months playing a world where it doesnt matter how good I am doing. All of the players with money to spend on this game will always have the upper hand. Whats the point. So stupid.

DeletedUser

About a year ago, most of the long term players in my alliance finished a world and agreed we would not play again as long as the game had the current WW end game. And none of us are still playing.

We check the forum every week or so to see if there is a new end game. But at this point, it would take more than that for most of us to return.

DeletedUser37948

I really enjoyed this game in the past. Now it just seems like a waste of time. When I start on a new world and two months in I have 4 cities. While there are players who have up to 16 cities already. I guess this game is all about how much money youre willing to spend. So unfair for all the regular players who dont have a pile of cash to invest in a game. So discouraging that I dont even want to play anymore. Now they are thinking of adding new features that will allow these players to have even more of an advantage. So unfair. I understand that the end game here is probably to bring in money, so i dont expect the grepo people to stop that. Cant theu create some worlds where instant complete is not an option. At least to have a world where it is more fair for majority of players. Why would I want to spend months playing a world where it doesnt matter how good I am doing. All of the players with money to spend on this game will always have the upper hand. Whats the point. So stupid.

Sounds to me like you cant adapt to the changes in the game. you trade gold so you have gold to spend on your main server then you can compete with gold users because you are a gold user.

DeletedUser13405

One, relatively simple, fix would be if WW can be tweaked so that only the players actually in the alliance the moment the wonder is completed receive the benefits (awards etc.). That ends the rotation system and mass pacting that kills worlds. I used to love small cap worlds but now its like playing with one hand tied behind your back because you end up playing 40 vs 200+.

DeletedUser48254

Pretty sure I just read somewhere that the end game is being tweaked so that a) new members joining an alliance have a cool down period of 72 hrs where they can't contribute resources / favor and b) vm will no longer affect cities on WW islands. Not the new ending many would like but an improvement. Makes end game rotation riskier.

DeletedUser32254

The WW's are boring, mega pacts and over use of gold have driven many good players from the game.

Yeah, you can trade for gold and join the rat race for free but this game is time consuming enough without actually making it into a job.

Toss in the bots/apps that get used.(recently ran across a couple players who "somehow" managed to pull off 1 sec or better snipes every single time. Not a lot of the time, not most of the time,, every-single-time.) Questionable moderation by current players, and it is just getting silly.

I once really enjoyed grepo but after coming back from a couple years break,, I find that little has changed and my enjoyment seriously diminished. I am sure few will cry about it but I may play out a couple months to burn up my admin gold and then be done with it.

I might be tempted back to a buy-in world with no other gold use but short of that, poker is a better use of my time and money.

DeletedUser27063

Well I maybe one of the players who has not come into highlights in any world, though playing on and off grepolis from alpha, I see that there is not much of a competition in worlds now due to the number of players that join a world.You see, In the first and second generation worlds, the number of players were humongous,Oceans that were densely packed ranged from 20 to 80 which has reduced to ocean 44 45 54 55 . Wars were fought on so many fronts that people didnt even know whats happening on the other side of the world.People were engaged in politics and pacts but the world used to be such a complex rubik cube that wars weren't one sided and it was hard to predict who will win unlike now where the two contenders are clearly visible long before the ww sets in.Maybe cutting of on the total number of markets that grepolis offer and bringing players together on a few markets with SUITABLE WORLD SETTINGS can increase competition and fun to the game.Those were some days, I am not saying i don't enjoy grepolis now, i am addicted to this game. These were my two cents if they count somewhere.Merry Christmas. :)

DeletedUser53923

my assumption is always that people complaining about gold ruining the game suck. i was a top level fighter and player 5 years ago. im a top level fighter and player now. i spend minimal amounts of gold. be active.