My start to Sestos...

DeletedUser37640

:eek: I woke up one morning, bored out of my mind and saw a grepolis ad on the tv, and I knew it was a calling to come back home and play some more. I immediately got on my laptop and log onto the site, and what would you know! The new world was just made and I was in luck. So I forged my city from the ground in ocean 56, at first all alone on my little island. Time passed, new villagers emerged and alliance began to sprout. Out of the begining cluster of alliances came Vengeful Might and Tormenting Hellraisers, each looking like MRA's but nonetheless, I gave it hope and decided to join the hellraisers. All was good in those blissful first eight days, then paranoia shook and James Bond started popping in peoples alliances, spreading all their dirty little secrets. Leaders got paranoid and making rash decisions. Alas though, my alliances was doing extremely well! Top in the ocean and in the top 10 overall!
4. Tormenting Hellraisers - Residing almost purely in Ocean 56 means TH are actually a little behind on the BP action. Nonetheless they actually have more ABP than Black Templars and less DBP, which is a good start at least. Definitely an alliance to keep an eye on, even if they do have a minor error in their alliance profile. Predicted Position next week - 3rd, possibly 4th.
Yet, even as helpful young Chosen Gods was, he was surrounded by Vengeful Might and was considered the spy and was going to be exiled by his alliance. Unsure on what to do, he destroyed every alliance thread and fled to Vengeful Might to let him in, knowing he could be easily destroyed if they saw him a threat. The merciful leader Masterful King, let the lad in, knowing he could help their cause. From that day Chosen swore to take down the Hellraisers. Time went on, insults were thrown and the weasels still wiggled throw. The Hellraisers were still infiltrated by spies and was unsure what to do, but with no time to react, Chosen stuck again and destroy Twisted’s alliances with some help on the inside, leaving them to this day, stuck at the bottom.
2r7ahb4.png

With being successful in that endeavor, Chosen went back to his humble life, staying out of conflicts and guiding some new players in Vengeful. He never asked to get an officer rank of any kind because he understood that some may not trust him, yet after some time, he proved to be an excellent Player and was given some authority within the alliance. Times were good and beer was flowing, but all good things must end eventually….
Colony ships came around, which lead to the feat of conquesting. Paranoia started to sprout again as Vengeful’s foolish leader thought he could take on everyone. Vengeful had more enemies than pacts in the end, Chosen was persuasive enough to lay off some heat for his alliance and got Sinners to be pacted with them, rather than be enemies. Yet, even with his feats that he accomplished, something even bigger was stirring Masterful’s brain. That tumor that emerged was a little Honor and Power city that was all lonesome surrounded by Vengeful Members.
Unsure of what was going on, Masterful began to get scared and kicking people for any little reason. The first chap, who was an officer like Chosen, was an eager fellow that was trying to help as much as he could. He was clearing out cities so that his alliance members could conquest them. Yet one of these cities happened to be conquest by a Honor and Power member. This poor man was kicked out immediately and was seen as a spy for Honor and Power. Chosen took note of this, and tried to reason with Masterful, but to no avail.
Some few hours passed and Gods was surfing the forums and came acrossed legal scripts for Grepolis. Amazed by the convenience of http://http://grepolis.potusek.eu/, he decided to share it with his alliance to help them out. Paranoia stuck again and he was kicked out for trying to get people banned! (Watch out Jorisva1, you’re a rule breaker apparently)
33eu29w.png

As the rest of the alliances noticed Masterful’s second unjustly kick, they stepped forward and found out the truth and that Chosen was yet again accused of spying! This time for Honor and Power. With nothing better to do, Chosen told the story to Honor and Power and was responded as such:
9zodhk.png

Thank you for reading and stay tune for the conclusion!:D

Update:
11qon5h.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

I don't get something. Why would I be a rule breaker? :heh:
Potusek is a legal script. :p

Nice reading though

DeletedUser

It was a TV ad that brought me here, too. I was packing a suitcase in the mountains of Northern Portugal, wondering what I would do with the days off that lay ahead when I got back home.
I haven't played anything like Grepolis since I had CivII on an old PC. Never played any multi-player games before, but then I saw this.
I gather it's not the done thing to go sprouting new cities everywhere, so I'm missing that empire-building aspect. However, the concept of alliances intrigues me.

I'm playing on a cash-free basis, so no gold for Premiums. What chance does a godless heathen stand in this world?

DeletedUser

Of course it's unfair. It's gold. If it wasn't unfair the people who have it wouldn't want it.;)

No, I simply mean I'm playing this as a free game, so it looks like I'll never get to choose a God as I have no Priestess.

DeletedUser

There are many players who have gone up very high in this game without buying gold, but there is an advantage nonetheless to buying. The price of gold is reasonable, the advantages it gives is also reasonable, because it does not give advantage to the point where non-paying members can't have fun. You can also earn gold many different ways, for those who are into that, and by inviting friends.

Chosen Gods, this was excellent reading. Good work! +rep to you.

DeletedUser

Wow, this was a very good post, one of the best I have seen. They are so wrong, many people use potusek, and not illegal at all, lol.

Also, free gold is a bit tricky, because you can't really trust it unless you can see why the people giving the gold would get something out of it. So, unless it is ~10 or lower, or you do have to pay a bit, you are probably not going to get your gold. I have done a few though that paid out, just very rare. And now that they have taken out where you can be inactive for 2 weeks and get like 200 gold, it is even harder :(

DeletedUser37640

And now that they have taken out where you can be inactive for 2 weeks and get like 200 gold, it is even harder :(

Ah, I wondered how I got all of that gold from. When did they stop that?

Lol
11qon5h.png

DeletedUser32651

Hi Chosen Gods

I had a similar message from MK too, I wonder which of our cities he'll go for first? Apparently we were working together, but since we've never exchanged any introductions at any point, I thought now would be a good time.

Like the post - mint

It was nice not working with you.

DeletedUser37640

Greetings G.D. Capper

I am glad your liked the story, and yes I am very popular according to Masterful. Everyone works for me lol:p I will be looking forward to see what happens next.

DeletedUser21770

Just read this, I have actually been away for the past week so I've missed all the drama. What I DO have is some messages from MK and from another player all about some 'refugee'. I've decided to ignore them because of that fact I had about 5 messages about it amongst about 30 messages when I returned, along with various other notifications.

A good read sir =] good work.

DeletedUser37640

Just read this, I have actually been away for the past week so I've missed all the drama. What I DO have is some messages from MK and from another player all about some 'refugee'. I've decided to ignore them because of that fact I had about 5 messages about it amongst about 30 messages when I returned, along with various other notifications.

A good read sir =] good work.

Ah thankya sir, I figured you would like this once you got back.

DeletedUser345

Of course it's unfair. It's gold. If it wasn't unfair the people who have it wouldn't want it.;)

No, I simply mean I'm playing this as a free game, so it looks like I'll never get to choose a God as I have no Priestess.

You can get gods and goddesses without the Priestess by building a temple, you can just earn favour faster with her. Personally i think she is a waste of gold.

DeletedUser

agreed, pretty much all myths are useless anyway, except maybe for the occasional harbour scout