My Story of the Biggest Fail Ever

DeletedUser14937

I figured it was time for people to take a break from only seeing posts about the Juggies and SI, so I will share my version of how what started as a very promising premade turned into my worst experience and biggest failure in 2 years of playing.

Ages ago (and I really do mean ages) a small bunch of some of the best of Grepo were put together in a little skype room to wait for the right world. I was also invited to tag along so I did. Horus or AoE (I still remember him as Mr Goldopolis) was going to lead. We all started Helo and the initial signs were good. We were small compared to some of the others on this world but who cares, we figured quality over quantity and that has worked wonders in other servers. We were set to at the very least provide a good challenge as one of the best alliances on the world. For our small size we had a great abp ranking and for me that is the sign of a healthy alliance (which we were at the time).

Unfortunately of course Horus ... went away?... and that was followed by (as much as I hate to admit it) one of the alliances top players in Jack leaving afterwards. Maybe that was the first sign that this was going to fail but whiskydelta stepped up to lead the alliance and did so very well. We pacted up with DI avoid too many problems immediately but not limit our growth. A good buddy of mine also left a while after and told me we stood no chance of winning (by that time the idea was starting to come up in my head) he said if *adasko* who pretty much represents the best player I have ever seen in Grepo (Sorry AA you only make my top 5 :p ) was not starting in the main polish branch, then this world belonged to the Polish. I figured the same but decided to stay and watch anyway.

Then there came..... the polish op.... waking up to something close to 50 revolted cities in the same minute. Seeing the threads posted I knew I was now definitely on the Titanic and we were now at the initial collision with that big Iceberg. We scrambled for support and pacted up with everyone we could to get support to save a few more cities (yea we could have lost all 50 by ourselves really). Few days later and whiskey had to leave I think so before she made sure we weren't left hanging and organized a merge with DI (really now the way I see it was they won a war without even warring us). So.... DI, a very nice bunch, fun people and of course my lovely Shreeeeeeeeeeeee was there :p We had shared def forums with SI and Juggies for polish support and all was good in post- butt kicked land. Here I already knew I was on a sinking Titanic, but i wanted to stay and watch because simply I've never been in something like this and I thought it would be funny to see how inferior alliances die.

Polish couldn't touch our cities like before and life was easier. There was just one problem... an NAP with the only major players of o45 who I currently viewed as worse than us THE VANGUARDS!, for some bizzare reason we were pacted up with them and whenever I asked a leader, I was told "JD tells us to wait" (wait for what I will never know, but after what happened I assume he meant wait for polish to kick our behinds again). JD was sure the SI and juggies would never ever ever war us because he has friends there (like that ever matters) but he was roadblocking our only growth in taking vanguard cities. We were supposed to take cities off PL who could put more support in each of 100 cities than we probably could in 1. The polish grew immeasurably compared to us who were scrambling for cities without any available targets. The vanguard best players jumped ship to juggies and even then when they were right there for the picking, we had to wait for like a week before finally being given a green light.

Too little too late JD, our growth was a lot faster then but the Damage was done, we were too far behind and too close to the polish but of course there was still our shared tab. Dun DUn DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SI and Juggies war which means no more support at the rate we usually got them. We were sitting ducks and the polish were never going to leave us alone knowing that we could get 1/10th of the support we used to get. Another Op to crush us began and with our tiny size from our lack of targets to grow from showed. 2 Pages of city losses and Juggies started warring us as well! The titanic was now in mid ocean and Polish came after me as soon as I came off vmode! They sent 4 cships and like 50 attacks at tiny me, 1 landed, 1 was sniped and the other two were to be sniped because simply put Poles your timings are beyond DREADFUL! But hell, I figured I was going to leave before the Titanic hit the ocean floor so I restarted before the other 2 cships would die to give the Polish who were a lot more deserving my cities than to be internalized. Fast forward like 2 days and the alliance is dead, Titanic on the ocean floor and JD is now in SI :D Guessing he knew his buddies would never leave him hanging and tbh SI were truly great allies (I really don't know why though in your position I would have jumped for our juicy cities just like the Polish from day one).

And there we have it folks! It was truly a pleasure watching a once promising alliance turn into something that would not even measure up to some of the noobiest enemy alliance I've had on other worlds.... oh well :(!

DeletedUser

Haha, sounds like a right laugh to me.
To be honest, a rather funny way to go out in the end.

It wasn't the biggest fail ever though was it? I mean, you must have outlasted a few alliances...? :p

DeletedUser14937

Nope.... every alliance who I thought was worse and food for growth is still alive in o45 LOL! We left as the worst alliance in the ocean.

DeletedUser22940

Ouch.

Being one of those Vanguard players which left them, I never understood why you guys NAP'd with us. It didn't make sense. Made my life a heck of a lot easier, but just didn't make sense.

Oh well, live and learn.

DeletedUser3393

Nice read iCyber.. and I am honored to be the top 5 haha. I wouldn't put myself in my top 5.

But yes, i don't know the internal story, but Damage/SC spawned in the middle of Juggernaut/SI/Poles. They really had no way out of there unless they moved south to O46/O56 area. But in the end, the failure of the alliance always rests with the leadership's decisions.

DeletedUser24630

i'm in the same boat as sainted star. I have no idea why you guys had a NAP with us. When I left the NAP was about to dissolve based on what I was reading in the internal forums of The Vanguard. I left around the 5th if i remember correctly. I would ask JD if you want to learn the truth about that NAP

DeletedUser

iCyber, you weren't the worst alliance in O45. There are a lot of small alliances. Why do they still exist? Because we didn't chose to attack the weakest. You played very well :)

DeletedUser22217

iCyber dear, u should not leave.
Reasons for damage fail were many, but I would not blame JD, not for this.
Also Jd and Nos did their best to provide home for all active players after disolving Damage. Actually those that wanted to, and asked for it, had the chance to go on with this team.

Damage's worst mistake was being located in o45.

We are used to aways finger point the leader, but this is not universal answer to all the problems.
The diferent positions between leaders combined with some preasuse from the outside...and the preasure was propper in this case, is something that easily destroys teams.
U hadn't leave, u and VWG.
The world is too young and all changes so fast that it is unkown what will happen in the future, those that endure now are those that will see.
Pity u left, really sad.

V

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27793

iCyber dear, u should not leave.
Reasons for damage fail were many, but I would not blame JD, not for this.
Also Jd and Nos did their best to provide home for all active players after disolving Damage. Actually those that wanted to, and asked for it, had the chance to go on with this team.

Damage's worst mistake was being located in o45.

We are used to aways finger point the leader, but this is not universal answer to all the problems.
The diferent positions between leaders combined with some preasuse from the outside...and the preasure was propper in this case, is something that easily destroys teams.
U hadn't leave, u and VWG.
The world is too young and all changes so fast that it is unkown what will happen in the future, those that endure now are those that will see.
Pity u left, really sad.

V

+Rep
well said

DeletedUser14937

I don't blame everything on JD and co... that's for sure. The fact that we were surrounded from day one did not do us any favors that is for sure and from a SC view the vision that retired greats would miraculously come back to playing at their best and most active time was a huge factor as well. Lazy JP and Brad can be the two i think of from the top of my head :p! (I love both of them btw)

Noz The Greek

Phrourach
icy - you went on VM before the OP and came back at the end of it, and you ghosted because you are yellow as they come, pathetic - a few attacks and you ran. You pretend you are one of the great players of grepo - you are not, but as soon as it got a bit tricky, YOU and the rest of the yellow bellies left to the rim or ghosted because the Poles were too good. Unbelievable, if life was always easy, it would be boring. Our aim with Vanguards was to merge their better players and be more active an alliance to counter the Poles, when they pacted with the Poles/ White Eagles/ juggs we declared war, - didn't see you do much then either. So quit ****ing we were bad leaders, and take responsibility for your own actions.

DeletedUser14937

+rep

Because regardless of how incorrect Noz is, I respect a critics opinion :)

DeletedUser31290

, YOU and the rest of the yellow bellies left to the rim or ghosted because the Poles were too good.

Hmmm.. I disagree, WE left to the rim basically cause the alliance was a freakin mess, 2-3 leaders doing almost all the work, the rest of them getting fat on internals, complaining when they didnt get the internals they want.. etc.. total BS. ( Whilst we were heavily under attack might I add, talk about priorities huh..)

Our aim with Vanguards was to merge their better players and be more active an alliance to counter the Poles

Yes but the merge took too long and hardly anyone joined.. even though it was repeatedly suggested that the process be hurried up.

DeletedUser34902

YOU and the rest of the yellow bellies left to the rim or ghosted because the Poles were too good.

I agree, the poles are good. But I do not agree that someone who hogs internals and picks on 1 city no alliance players should be calling anyone yellow. Great way to set an example Mr. Leader, claim the internals before the rest of the alliance even has a chance to. I was going to leave this be but since you decided to voice your 1st grade level opinion I feel I should set the record straight. Myself and others did restart to the rim.

You can call it yellow all you want. My reasons included a failed leadership structure which I was a part of. My final decision as a leader was to not stand for the disgusting acts that yourself and jd.likes.cheese were a part of. For example, Noz made the entire alliance change our claim process because a hot girl told him to. Once that hot girl quit he admitted the idea was stupid and he only favored it because he was influenced by a hot chick. Not a real good leader.

The Vanguard situation was a mess, much like many of our diplomatic decisions which I was always told were being done because either JD or Noz had a good friend with whatever alliance and they would not screw us over. I failed as a leader in that department because I figured you two knew what you were doing and I decided to leave those decisions to the both of you. This and several decisions being made were always at the expense of the alliance but JD and Noz always seemed to have something to gain for themselves.

Before we even started this world, there was a group of us that decided we would have a council and the council would discuss everything and make important decisions as a group. The first thing this council did was vote on three founders. The vote was for myself, Noz and JD. From day one JD and Noz wanted to do away with the council and just have the 3 of us make all decisions. I absolutely refused to do this. Noz and JD did not seem to care, but in my book you don't sell out the people that voted you their leader.

The final straw for me, however, was when Noz decided to insult and then kick out one of our best players because that player rightfully so tried to give Noz some much needed advice. So, call me yellow, if that is how you see it. I see it as me taking a stand to not approve of you and JD's disgusting show of leadership. Now I am sure you will stomp your feet Noz and insult me and tell me how you will rim me when you get the chance but lets be honest, the only way you will ever take a city from me is if I am in your alliance and I become inactive. Have a nice day MATE.

DeletedUser

Paragraphs mate, paragraphs. They may life soooo much easier. Anyhoo, tl;dr.

JD= jd.likes.cheese?

DeletedUser21560

Ok Im sorry, but im gonna add to this fail, since it was posted on here publicly

I do not know the leaders of DI, but i do know how to lead and how to make the right decisions, DI leaders had no clue how to run an alliance, and made all the wrong choices... after ruining your alliance you ran away and joined SI and left your members to die - again a poor decision

Anyways, reason im posting here is to add alittle to Icybers part

This is the convo we had before he ghosted

iCyber on 2013-01-19 at 13:48
cutting my losses ;) see you on the next world. would have sniped all but one which landed already. not staying here for more than 2 weeks in any case and i would rather not have left a traitor ^.^!
Thizzle on 2013-01-18 at 19:58
no ofcourse i did not... its part of the surviving 48 hours lol
iCyber on 2013-01-18 at 19:57
sounds good, and have you told the polish this? because suddenly the attacks keep upping lol
Thizzle on 2013-01-18 at 18:43
its not DI im worried about... Were pacted with PL and do not take in refugees of theirs

If you can survive 48 hours, msg me back and then we can look at the situation again
iCyber on 2013-01-18 at 18:36
well i only came off vmode in the morning today and poles only started attacking me after iced went to sleep. I happen to have juggs on all but 1 island if i remember correctly and with the rate the alliance is falling there is little they would do if i jump ship.
Thizzle on 2013-01-18 at 18:33
Yes.. hello to you

He says you applied to join since your alliance fell apart

Problem is your kinda far away from us, and PL is hitting you
iCyber on 2013-01-18 at 18:03
Iced told me to message you, said you know and will be handling everything now :).

Reason im posting this is because i dont like fake people... You quit because i refused to invite you and it got a bit rough

DeletedUser14937

Would you guys like me to post my skype messages of how I told people I was carrying on in this world just for the ride and I knew we were going to fail after the first polish op? :D Told several people, several times :)

If your blind butt (yes because we are a PG forum) could read, I would have lost 1 city and kept the others :) from 50 attacks and 0 incoming supports from others to snipe (However SI did heavily stack the one I lost :( 17 attacks on that one alone)

You do the same, then tell me I can't handle pressure... though I can see why you have time to come to conclusions about why I left, Thizzle conquering simming players and internals must leave him with a lot of time for the forum :p!