Mystical Hen Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On March 28th the Mystical Hen event will be going live on all worlds. Feel free to post any questions or feedback about the event here.

DeletedUser52220

Also not that I want to be all negative nancy and apparently there’s no other place to ask this so to I’ll ask it here - Easter peacetime that in no way covers Good Friday lol is that an early April Fools?

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Boycotting on account of the individual recipes element being a blatant attempt to get more money out of us for nothing in return. Zero value added for the customer.

i gotta agree with Ali, every little change inno has been doing to old events was an attempt to grab more and more cash out of the people who play, first with that Pandora event, which was the best event i saw in last 5 years ( balance wise ) but unless you were planning to gold hard and i mean really hard there was no way of you covering last 10 levels or so, after that we had that Wheel fiasco where gold spenders in 90% of spins required 1200 gold per day to get that fly token and if they missed a day then they needed 1500.

This new change for old easter event which next to halloween is most probably best even all around got trashed because it now forces people to buy recipes in order to know what they need to mix, because to get certain tokens it will take a miracle or again lots of gold to get them.

Just switch back to old easter, who wants to gold will gold and buy ingredients for more daily tokens, same as before simple, i know plenty of golders including myself who spend a lot during easter and halloween events because it gives us the option and free will to pick what tokens we want and how much.

DeletedUser36697

So rather than let folks pick and choose what they want and spend accordingly... The developers listened saw a weakness and now expect players to spend through the nose to get random items they may or may not need...
If this is the result of multiple Councils, calls, secrets and NDA;s... Then just what is the point of the Councils? What did they do for us, if this is the best that comes out of them.... what a friggin disappointment ...........

All I can say is Good Luck and I hope all you folks with the fancy names in the forum ( the godlike ones) can sleep well....after the Royal screwing this event promises

But anyone who thought; we the players/payers of the developers games and paychecks, Mean something THINK AGAIN our loyalties are nothing, they are a weakness that these folks play on...................................... to extract the last penny from us...

We, the people, the players that make this game possible... the reality is..............................................Without US....the PAYEES..... these folks(developers) have nothing but empty servers and no income
So when are they going to-do something positive for the community

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Dont be like that man.. i see your logic but there is one thing council did, and that was bringing new things to grepo app, small things but things we lacked and now have, such as live feeds, been waiting for that for some time now, and because of them this got pushed to devs and they implemented it, but other than that, this council term did nothing of note.

DeletedUser36697

Dont be like that man.. i see your logic but there is one thing council did, and that was bringing new things to grepo app, small things but things we lacked and now have, such as live feeds, been waiting for that for some time now, and because of them this got pushed to devs and they implemented it, but other than that, this council term did nothing of note.

I am not disagreeing your observations, We should not have needed a special series of Councils to make those things happens.... but those issues have been in the forum for years and it takes a Council to make some things happen.. My question would be why so long?

have you noticed though each time something positive happens , we (the Players) pay through the nose in the next event which then becomes the Status quo

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch

DeletedUser52860

Simple solution?

Go to your profile and add the header

"I Boycott The 2018 Easter Event"

And then don't spend any gold on it?

King Soos

Strategos
the worse thing is that they replaced the double ingredients buff (20 instead of 10 items) which was kinda good value for money with farmers knowledge were u can find 20 recipes and learn how to make them complete shambles

DeletedUser31385

With past versions of this event, I have noticed that people shared the recipes quite a bit and that they were often all published ahead of time by external websites. Pretty much everyone knew every recipe after a day or two. This allowed people to completely control what they got which resulted in a huge amount of flyers after the event. With all the recipes being random, it limits the amount of flyers that will be present as each person must unlock their own recipe for them. I know this might not be ideal for some people, but I feel it could help balance out the event.

DeletedUser52860

It certainly balances the event out in favour of Inno And massive gold spenders? Anything that means you will need to spend more to get the same or less only tips the balance one way right?

People could also benefit from this event previously without spending a fortune by buying DLU or Cerberus tokens and keeping their walls high. Now all it means is the massive gold spenders will still get free manti nukes and everyone else can spend more or whistle!

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Dear god I'm agreeing with figtree, miracles do exist :D

I actually do think this is a good change
I've never bought recipes and never will, simply don't have the gold
The way this type of event is set up makes it more fair when randomized than the stupid wheels. If you use 3 rare ingredients, you know for sure you'll get a strong token meaning those are not exclusive to goldies
Spenders gonna spend anyways, and every recipe they have to buy is one nuke less they otherwise would've had
Meanwhile people who don't buy recipes will get hydras, cerbs, pegs, dusas etc, which are all still good tokens but nobody ever gets them
With a bit of luck those same people will realize how bloody strong they are and start using them more, eventually giving them a small advantage over golders who only know how to gold for myth nukes
Now all we need is for minotaurs to be a part of this event

King Soos

Strategos
With past versions of this event, I have noticed that people shared the recipes quite a bit and that they were often all published ahead of time by external websites. Pretty much everyone knew every recipe after a day or two. This allowed people to completely control what they got which resulted in a huge amount of flyers after the event. With all the recipes being random, it limits the amount of flyers that will be present as each person must unlock their own recipe for them. I know this might not be ideal for some people, but I feel it could help balance out the event.

all it allows is the heavy golders to thrive even more and let the rest of us fall behind not able to keep up the only way u could make it fairer id say is by banning buying the recipes at all but we know that will never happen

DeletedUser52860

smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

Fluvisol

Phrourach
all it allows is the heavy golders to thrive even more and let the rest of us fall behind not able to keep up the only way u could make it fairer id say is by banning buying the recipes at all but we know that will never happen
This is actually a step in the right direction to make events less powerful, in the same way as the wheel changes
For the same amount of gold you now get less myths, resulting in gold being less powerful
People always complain about events being too powerful and throwing off the balance of the game
But when Inno make changes to make getting lots of myths more expensive and therefore nerfing events, they're cashgrabbing and screwing over the player base. Sure, I don't know their intentions with these changes but the result is that less myths will be flying about which makes me happy

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Dear god I'm agreeing with figtree, miracles do exist :D

I actually do think this is a good change
I've never bought recipes and never will, simply don't have the gold
The way this type of event is set up makes it more fair when randomized than the stupid wheels. If you use 3 rare ingredients, you know for sure you'll get a strong token meaning those are not exclusive to goldies
Spenders gonna spend anyways, and every recipe they have to buy is one nuke less they otherwise would've had
Meanwhile people who don't buy recipes will get hydras, cerbs, pegs, dusas etc, which are all still good tokens but nobody ever gets them
With a bit of luck those same people will realize how bloody strong they are and start using them more, eventually giving them a small advantage over golders who only know how to gold for myth nukes
Now all we need is for minotaurs to be a part of this event

you do realize there are only 4 rare things, it wont take long to mix them up and see which one gives most powerful myth tokens , and as there are only 4 of them recipes wont be as random as you think as there are not that many players to have UNIQUE recipes, besides its not FAIR that someone needs 3 rare things that cost a lot more than 3 grass to get best griff token o_O

DeletedUser52860

Unfortunately rare items aren't only used for the premium buffs which means you could just as likely get 3 hours of swordsmen as you could get 3 hours of mantis when you don't know the combinations. The rare items (especially the last 2) are fairly hard to come by.

So finding the recipes is trial and error, you could get lucky and get the top manti/griff/ls/bir buff the first time you try but it will certainly favour those who will buy the rarer ingredients on a regular basis as they can "trial and error" much more than those relying on the in-game mechanics of the event.

The reason i think the event used to offer the best value for money was that a moderate to low gold spender (or even no gold spender) could still build a Manti nuke in it because they could save their valuable rare items and only spend them on premium buffs (if they wanted too). Now they will have to spend those rare items randomly while crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. Or they will have to buy extra rare items to try and keep up.

Meanwhile those with deep pockets will just stock up on the rare items so will get all of the recipes and then smash everyone to bits with their full manti/griff/harpy nukes anyway.

So if someone really thought this would level the playing field then i think they were wrong. I appreciate it is random so it will make it slightly harder to be dropping full nukes on day one but I think it is fairly obvious that it will favour the big spenders and is done (from Inno's point of view) purely to generate more cash. Anything else is just flannel.

DeletedUser52220

Hahaha was waiting for the nonsense justification - you can be sure they won't cap how many manti nuke buffs you can "buy" once you get that recipe in order to 'limit' the amount of flyers though - that's only a concern so long as there's a way for them to make more gold out of you.