Mythical Units

DeletedUser

Well this is interesting! I am for every upgrade on mythical unites possible because I use only Pegasus,Mantis and from time to time Cerberus.
Great staff!!!

DeletedUser345

The stats on mythical units are not good enough for their cost. take the minotaur for example. 420 Blunt attack for 30 population, the ratio is 14attack/1 pop. Compare this to the horsemen (the only other blunt attacker), which are 18.33/1 pop. Since minotaurs aren't used in defense, the defensive stats don't have to be noted but in general, they have an average defensive value. In addition to this, they take up favor that would be better served for other things. So, to make them useful, their offensive stat must become greater than 550 (10 Horsemen) and maybe a reduction in favor to 200 because that 202 is just really plain annoying.
Another example would be the Erinys, which has 22 ranged attack/1 pop as opposed to slingers which have 23/1 pop. Though the difference might not seem like a lot, but it is. Assume a population is 2750. that would mean 50 Erinys' or 2750 slingers
View attachment 8405View attachment 8406
In this case, erinys would need to be at least 1265 attack (preferably more because you want it to be worth building) and it needs to be reduced in favor cost.

And those units offer more defensive protection, you can't simply just demand for everything's attack to be boosted because then slingers will be built very little and people will want their attack increased. What needs to happen is that defensive myth units should be able to support a city of any god to make them more effective.

Still not convinced. I've got 141 of them pinned to my wall on Olympia. Trouble with pegs is they're weak defensively against ranged and sharp, strong against blunt, so they're worst against the two attacks you're most likely to face (and mixing with centaurs just exacerbates the problem with ranged). Unless the rebalancing makes horses a must have, pegs are a definite don't bother.

You face stronger hoplite attacks than horsemen, honestly?

DeletedUser

Thats not that bad an attack... put the equivalent population in hoplites and see how well they do then. Manticores are better than hoplites so I have no idea what that was meant to prove.

It was sarcasm. They killed their own weight at 1:3 loss ratio; no need for any sort of uplift there imho.

And yes, on the rare occasions I see an attack (Olympia is a real turtle world) I see more hops than horses, probably because (a) there are a lot more swords and cerbs around than pegs and (b) because hops are dual purpose so more useful to your average turtle than horses.

DeletedUser29987

You face stronger hoplite attacks than horsemen, honestly?

Well, I think he meant stronger slinger attacks, and since ranged attack is the peg's 2nd most weakest defence stat, you get the idea, per se.

Though, aside from that I personally think pegs are pretty great, fastest unit and pretty good defence, esp mixed with cents, however they're biggest flaw is that they're under the wrong God, hardly anyone I know worships Athena so they can't defend many cities and thus isn't used that often.

But I think that the stats of all the myths are fine, it's just the favour cost, cap and perhaps the fact that they take 10 times as long to build as any other nuke, so they're not effective in the long run for a city that's attacking another or under attack by another.

DeletedUser

The best way to rebalance is to give trireme's speed to hydras (so without changing actual trireme's speed) and increase a little the hydras' attack power too!!

DeletedUser22940

Maybe somehow tie in the mythos behind every mythical units into their abilities. However, to answer SaintedStarr, that would be a bad idea. teammates would know not to look at medusas or something like that. skills like that should be used on the enemy, such as turns 5% of the enemy to stone. so that they're not a danger to you but more desireable in combat. Also a bad idea to make them more expensive. they are already way to high cost for that.

Yes, that is what I meant....not your supporting troops, but when attacking.
It should not be limited to the Medusa idea, just an example.

All of the myth units were legendary creatures of epic proportions and should be as such

DeletedUser

Though, aside from that I personally think pegs are pretty great, fastest unit and pretty good defence, esp mixed with cents, however they're biggest flaw is that they're under the wrong God, hardly anyone I know worships Athena so they can't defend many cities and thus isn't used that often.

I have Athena in less than 4% of cities (and it would be even less except that I thought just one Athena city looked lonely). If I was attacked more often I'd need more Wisdom, I'd have more Athena cities and it would be worth having a few pegs around. The underlying problem is the overwhelming defensive orientation of the game. Inno need to fix that to make Athena (therefore pegs) more appealing.

Overall, I'm averse to making myth units more accessible unless they're also made weaker (or at least the really chunky ones like cerbs and mantis). Divine envoy, weird as it may seem, might present a model there: not very good at anything much, but cheap, quick to build and very expendable.

DeletedUser25074

Izmens attack is flawed the wall was 0 manti's are like wrecking balls when they can stroll into a city rather than have to fly over those damn walls.

Myth units need the buff imo. The fact that the only thing able to buff them is high priestess where as other units get Captain, Commander, Ram and Phalanx plus Favorable Winds and Heroism kinda leave Myths lacking atm considering there Build time and favor requirements.

DeletedUser

I have a few ideas on what inno could do to make mythic units more used, when I first started playing this game I was really excited to use mythic units, you can imagine my dissapointment when I realized you really just don't use mythics often. Sure there are uses for them, but they are not a regular troop by any means. Here are my ideas below.

1. Either increase the favor cap, maybe something like 1000? That may seem a bit high, but it makes it so you can at least make more than one manticore at a time which is incredibly annoying. or instead of increasing favor cap make the mythic units cost less favor, the most a unit should cost imo is 250, that way players can make more than one of a unit at a time.

2. Possibly make it so you can build them in the temple, and they take considerably less time to recruit than a regular unit. The fact you are sacraficing favor for a mythical unit should give some type of benifit, if you could train mythical units at the same time as regular units I think more people would be inclined to use them. Possibly make their recruitment time shorter as well or maybe make them instant summons, that way even the mythics with less than stellar defense or attack could be useful if you need units right that instant.

3. Buff the stats, their is some mythical units that are just flat out worse than their regular counterparts, so even if they didnt take favor they still wouldnt be worht building. If you are going to make someone spend favor on a mythical unit at least make it better than its regular counterpart.

DeletedUser

with more cities i think u can build decent nukes and i do so i use pegs as defense units for myself and support for my mates and as all know there speed is perfect , harpies are for harbour check and fast to build , cerbs are good for defense and a archer cerb city is hard to break , mantis need alot of favor but do nice damage so i build them too , hydras and i tried are hard to build and not very useful like ls when they in harbour they get killed so the defense is very low also there speed is hell

with the issues in building myth units we all use spells i would like to boost up the favor store up a bit not much but a bit already would help other than that i realy like to use myths

DeletedUser40813

Here are the changes that I think should be made to myth units:

Erinyes - Grepolis should SLIGHTLY increase their attack (50-120 pts) and slightly reduce their favor (Already being done apparently)

Hydra - These units are very slow, but with a slight defense upgrade, they could be very useful on conquest sends. I also think that once the research in the Age of Wonders happens which allows Myth units to Loot favor, I think they should include the Hydra. This would make up for its huge waste of population as well as its slow speed.

Divine Envoy - 3 population for 35 sword and an overall 20 defense is horrible. Thats only 15 sword damage per pop, and like 7 defense. These units are basically worthless, with their only advantage being that they can be created without resources, so early on they can be created quickly but once you have myth units, these envoys arent worth anything. Reduce their population from 3 to 2 and buff their defense value and they MIGHT be worth it to me.

Also I think Athena's myth units are , but I only have her for the owl and the bravery spell anyways.

DeletedUser28898

The one comment I would like to make on changes Grepo is considering regarding actual game play is that they only incorporate them into new or recent worlds (less than two months old). To have a world play for over a year, and then two months before wonders time all your strategies and buildouts are messed with is just wrong. Taking out harbor checks? Really? Changing the play of different units in mid game? Ridiculous. That's like waiting until the beginning of the fourth quarter of the SuperBowl and telling both teams they're not allowed to pass the ball anymore, and they only get three downs to get a first.

Like everything else in this world Grepo is taking something good and screwing with it so much that they're messing it up.

DeletedUser

myth units are crazy unless you have loads of maxed out temples with statues you end up with a load of spare resources and always out of favor
i have all bar 4 of my cities worshiping hera to make my 1 harpy nuke quick enough to build to make it worthwhile. this means i also get hardly any favor to spend on anything else.
you need to make the pop for eyrines lower or just make them fly like i have been hoping for ages so that we will finally get a flying ranged unit. we need a higher favor maximum storage (maybe up it as the temple level goes up) and a faster generation of favor. if you made more favor it would make myths much more worthwhile. i am fine with hydra i don't think that needs upgrading. but just like a load of other people i wanted and was really looking forward to myths until i realized they cost so much precious favor.
just my 2 cents
dimi

DeletedUser

POSEIDON: I happen to have made good use of Hydras in breaking into an enemy city full of fire ships hehe. Being that they cyclopes are not good, the other Poseidon unit should be more usable at least as an option to use Poseidon favor on.
Everyone here hit it on the head, the speed is just too slow.

ZEUS: I dont find these needing much change, maybe let the minotaur get a little better defense to see them used more often as alternative to cerberi and medusas?

ATHENA: Ugh

HADES: Agree with above, Erinys are too expensive, they could also be made more suited to attack, since we have the cerberi for defense.

HERA: Dont see much issue here.

DeletedUser345

POSEIDON: I happen to have made good use of Hydras in breaking into an enemy city full of fire ships hehe. Being that they cyclopes are not good, the other Poseidon unit should be more usable at least as an option to use Poseidon favor on.
Everyone here hit it on the head, the speed is just too slow.

ZEUS: I dont find these needing much change, maybe let the minotaur get a little better defense to see them used more often as alternative to cerberi and medusas?

ATHENA: Ugh

HADES: Agree with above, Erinys are too expensive, they could also be made more suited to attack, since we have the cerberi for defense.

HERA: Dont see much issue here.

Cyclopes = :cool:

DeletedUser

They sound like they'd be so awesome....but they just aren't hahaha.

They should be able to destroy the walls too as an added bonus, it says they sling boulders at enemies, why not at buildings/walls too?

DeletedUser345

They sound like they'd be so awesome....but they just aren't hahaha.

They should be able to destroy the walls too as an added bonus, it says they sling boulders at enemies, why not at buildings/walls too?

I have find very useful counter-attacking defenders if you have time to build them, much better than any hoplite or chariot and suits an aggressive style.

DeletedUser

Well now I am curious, will have to try them out, to give them a chance :)

DeletedUser

Please make it possible to farm favor from villages

love,
rekk
#1 fighter sparta