Newspaper Nagidos Nag, Issue MCXLVII

DeletedUser46395

+++++ Lords of the Rim Special Edition +++++

EXCLUSIVE!
SCOOP!
ANY OTHER WORD I CAN THINK OF TO ATTRACT ATTENTION REGARDLESS OF VERACITY!

Nagithos Nag - bringing you the truth through lies since 1367

Oldest established newspaper in Nagithos

Except Rock's one
In a packed issue, we boldly go where no newspaper has dared go before - to the heart of Lords of the Rim, to bring you the latest on the stunning civil war that has broken out there.
And in a stunning departure from our normal editorial policy, most of it might even be true.

Nothing passes us by here in Nagithos Towers, home of the world-famous Nag Nag. With our ear for news firmly pressed to the ground or to other people's keyholes, we miss nothing. Especially when we're tipped off...
So when word began to spread of the civil war spreading like wildfire through Lords of the Rim's lands, it didn't take long for this conversation to take place:

EDITOR: "Right, who wants to cover this one? Means talking to Witchunter General and getting close to LOTR."
REPORTERS: Uncomfortable silence.
EDITOR: "Come on, come on, there's glory in covering this one, surely somebody will do it?"
SPORTS REPORTER: Farts.
EDITOR: "Ah, a volunteer, well done!"
SPORTS REPORTER: "Bugger!"

So our Sports Reporter is quickly retitled as Intrepid Investigarive War Reporter, and sent to the thick of it.

EDITOR: "I want you to go to the thick of it."
INTREPID REPORTER: "Where's that?"
EDITOR: "LOTR HQ is likely to be the thickest place going."

So off he went. Next thing we hear:

INTREPID REPORTER: "You were right, they are pretty thick here"
EDITOR: But doesn't Wichunter General claim an IQ of 168?
INTREPID REPORTER: "Well it has a 1 in it, for sure."
EDITOR: "What is it, then?"
INTREPID REPORTER: "1. The 168 comes from adding it up for each of his personae."
EDITOR: "Just go and do some reporting and leave the jokes to me!"

BACKGROUND

It's no secret that LOTR have been fighting a losing battle with Show Me Your Noobies for some time. WG (neither WHG nor WUG really!) had been trying to put together a coalition of alliances that might be big enough to wield some power in and around ocean 54. I was going to say "coalition of like-minded alliances", but I suspect there are very few indeed of like mind to WG. It was decided to set up a bolt-hole in 63 for when the pressure from SMYN became intolerable, and the sister alliance, Aegis of the RIm, was tasked with this undertaking. So far, so good.
Aegis leadership quickly recognised that they could best do this with the assistance of other alliances so as to clear enemies from both 63 and 53, so they enlisted the help of Thor to take on HEROES. This operation was a great success, but WG decided to take in the remaining HEROES into LOTR, and that was where the trouble started...

INTERNECINE WARFARE

Or civil war, if you prefer....

At this point, leaders of Aegis and Thor requested that those players taken in be consumed instead, and WG exploded, accusing those leaders of treachery, of being dogs that needed a lesson (the dogs issue that has sprung up in various LOTR threads of late) and that they were meant to follow their leader (him) and not have a say.
Very quickly this deteriorated from a shouting match to an actual war. LOTR declared war on Thor because WG believed they had a pact with SMYN, which is quite untrue - the Editor of this organ knows that SMYN have no pacts with anyone, so knows for a fact that that allegation is false. LOTR then attacked an Aegis member, Aegis issued an ultimatum, but stated that they would not attack certain members 0 including the LOTR second in command and their non-battle diplo. WG kicked those players as spies, and the fighting war began in earnest.

IRONY

From what I can gather, the members kicked from LOTR were actually the most loyal to the alliance, and among their best players. They were Do Not Attack for Aegis (now renamed as Abyss Watchers) because they were respected for their playing ability, their common sense, and their ability and desire to actually bring the warring factions back together. Far from being "spies", as WG claimed, they were the potential peacemakers. But the real spies remain unfound...

Cold War Russia purge

That's how WG's actions have been described from sauces inside LOTR, and they do seem to have echoes - a totalitarian leader doing away with all forms of potential opposition. Paranoia and delusion are words heavily used by those who have decided to talk to us.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

After we went to press, we got word that WG would talk to us - so long as Intrepid Reporter stopped farting. Quick application of a rubber bung, and we were admitted to his presence. What met us was not the pantomime villain we were expecting (oh no we weren't....oh yes we were...), but a bruised and battered, but straightforward man - a man with a vision.

And to understand this story, you need to understand that vision.

THE VISION

What WG wants is a Grepo that still welcomes new players, gives them space to learn, have fun and be protected. That's really what the Rimlord Ethos boils down to. Probably what most of us had when we started, but not so common now.
And then he came across a certain member of SMYN - who will remain nameless for now, so that I can quote WG directly. The two had a run in, which led WG to decide "to make it my business above all else to climb above the monumentally classless oik and teach him some manners."
This was the motivation for the SMYN war. As WG says, "Now we can debate whether it was my place to do so - it had no bearing on our fight with SMYN generally they are a decent fair minded bunch of players and most of them got the RIMLORD comedy personna pastiche.

WHen SMYN decides it wants it usually takes without much resistance. I choose to resist long enough to humiliate" him.

Asked about the civil war, it became clear that he felt let down that his guys had chosen to fight small guys to clear the decks in 63, which is why he let in the survivors, and why he felt betrayed by those he chose to kick.

"That group only exist because my few mates and I gave them breathing space to run away .

I run groups that fight other similar or bigger sized groups. Not desperately keen on internalisation but how else could we keep going ?

How do you take cities when one member of that group has more biremes than all of us put together?

It is not shocking that we take so few SMYN cities - it is shocking that we managed any at all.

Yes the city loss stats are not pretty but the objective was not to be pretty but to survive and thwart" the SMYN player.

So there you have it - a man determined to stand by his convictions, under severe pressure. Did he make the right decisions? Probably not. Did he make them for what he thought were the right reasons? Certainly.

The Future

LOTR's prospects look grim. They have Show Me Your Noobies to the west and south, Thor to the north, and Death By Chocolate and Abyss Watchers to the east. There one hope remains The Langolier Ones - decent fighters, but often poor decision makers which so often leads to their demise in a world. What will these guys choose this time?

The Nag Nag says

It seems clear to The Nag that this situation was avoidable and lies largely at the feet of Witchunter General for his perceived bizarre behaviour and insistence on running a dictatorship. Seldom works in Grepo. However, it's clear that his motivation was the good of the small players, and you have to admire his dedication to an ideal. Problem is that that strongman leadership meant that the others were never totally committed to that same ideal, and behaved as you would expect Grepo players to behave in 2017. These aren't the "self-serving liars, cheats, conmen and ne'er do wells" of WG's accusations, they're decent, honourable players, the same as WG himself - but on a different wavelength. And ultimately, it's that lack of mutual understanding that has led to this conflict.

SMYN were also offered the chance to comment on the situation: "we're letting them squabble for now, someones gotta build those 3 to 5k cities that are left from them and building cities suck!"

So there you can see who will ultimately profit from the situation.

*****UPDATED*****

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51150

in another name i am on this world and can attest almost 100% that the whole of this report is probably definitely definitive of the current state of affairs brought about by circuitousness statements by WG who has grand illusions above his station and an even bigger ability to not understand the written word when addressed to him thus making an informed decision or statement an impossibility negating his ability and worthiness to preside over an alliance let alone head an mra alliance spanning several oceans just to create one safe one which as recent occurences have shown to be the case.

DeletedUser46395

*****STOP PRESS*****

This mighty organ is now in possession of the other side of the story, so there have been some re-writes of certain parts of the original, as well as insertion the new info.

Facts remain unchanged, motivations are much clearer.

DeletedUser38168

i can't help but feel this convo is relevant here

philvgr81 on 2016-12-13 at 21:57
i show respect to ppl who earn it i gave honest answer we will have 100 % control of 54

i don't play conquest no skill required their good luck trying to be the big man here this world full of vets of the game
WitchunterGeneral on 2016-12-13 at 21:54
ok fair enough
"
But show a bit of respect " GRUNT u 54 Grunt u Food " whilst scraping Neanderthal knuckles along the floor is no way to address the original the only the best RIMLORD.

My crews have won worlds too you know.

ANYWAY if you do want to see who can shoot Billy the KID I Am getting my old crew together to do a Conquest World starting MARCH ish 2017 NO MORALE

If you want to get it on we can do it then..

Regards

I know food is food but please at least show better table manners whilst you are eating.?

philvgr81 on 2016-12-13 at 21:46
hahah someone really got their knickers in a bunch

just cos i work hard, have money to spend, have a good team and simply just better then ppl like you no need to paddy, life is hard
WitchunterGeneral on 2016-12-13 at 21:43
typical spoilt mummy boy 16 y old spending mummies money on the gamesy wamesy

What you getting for Christmas a puppy ?

Then there would be two in the house .
philvgr81 on 2016-12-13 at 21:40
go and emerge then i will deal with u when you get in my way till then i dont care who you r
WitchunterGeneral on 2016-12-13 at 21:38
EMERGING FROM THE SHADOWS

DO NOT FEAR US PITY US FOR WE KNW NO OTHER WAY
philvgr81 on 2016-12-13 at 21:35
and you r ?
WitchunterGeneral on 2016-12-13 at 21:34
It wont be the first time I have brought guys like you to your knees.

The gold always runs out.

Please come calling whenever you want,,

WitchunterGeneral

DeletedUser46395

Take the 13:27 from Euston which gets you into Crewe at 15:41; change there for the 16:06 to Liverpool Lime Street.

DeletedUser54360

+++++ Lords of the Rim Special Edition +++++

EXCLUSIVE!
SCOOP!
ANY OTHER WORD I CAN THINK OF TO ATTRACT ATTENTION REGARDLESS OF VERACITY!

Nagithos Nag - bringing you the truth through lies since 1367

Oldest established newspaper in Nagithos

Except Rock's one
In a packed issue, we boldly go where no newspaper has dared go before - to the heart of Lords of the Rim, to bring you the latest on the stunning civil war that has broken out there.
And in a stunning departure from our normal editorial policy, most of it might even be true.

Nothing passes us by here in Nagithos Towers, home of the world-famous Nag Nag. With our ear for news firmly pressed to the ground or to other people's keyholes, we miss nothing. Especially when we're tipped off...
So when word began to spread of the civil war spreading like wildfire through Lords of the Rim's lands, it didn't take long for this conversation to take place:

EDITOR: "Right, who wants to cover this one? Means talking to Witchunter General and getting close to LOTR."
REPORTERS: Uncomfortable silence.
EDITOR: "Come on, come on, there's glory in covering this one, surely somebody will do it?"
SPORTS REPORTER: Farts.
EDITOR: "Ah, a volunteer, well done!"
SPORTS REPORTER: "Bugger!"

So our Sports Reporter is quickly retitled as Intrepid Investigarive War Reporter, and sent to the thick of it.

EDITOR: "I want you to go to the thick of it."
INTREPID REPORTER: "Where's that?"
EDITOR: "LOTR HQ is likely to be the thickest place going."

So off he went. Next thing we hear:

INTREPID REPORTER: "You were right, they are pretty thick here"
EDITOR: But doesn't Wichunter General claim an IQ of 168?
INTREPID REPORTER: "Well it has a 1 in it, for sure."
EDITOR: "What is it, then?"
INTREPID REPORTER: "1. The 168 comes from adding it up for each of his personae."
EDITOR: "Just go and do some reporting and leave the jokes to me!"

BACKGROUND

It's no secret that LOTR have been fighting a losing battle with Show Me Your Noobies for some time. WG (neither WHG nor WUG really!) had been trying to put together a coalition of alliances that might be big enough to wield some power in and around ocean 54. I was going to say "coalition of like-minded alliances", but I suspect there are very few indeed of like mind to WG. It was decided to set up a bolt-hole in 63 for when the pressure from SMYN became intolerable, and the sister alliance, Aegis of the RIm, was tasked with this undertaking. So far, so good.
Aegis leadership quickly recognised that they could best do this with the assistance of other alliances so as to clear enemies from both 63 and 53, so they enlisted the help of Thor to take on HEROES. This operation was a great success, but WG decided to take in the remaining HEROES into LOTR, and that was where the trouble started...

INTERNECINE WARFARE

Or civil war, if you prefer....

At this point, leaders of Aegis and Thor requested that those players taken in be consumed instead, and WG exploded, accusing those leaders of treachery, of being dogs that needed a lesson (the dogs issue that has sprung up in various LOTR threads of late) and that they were meant to follow their leader (him) and not have a say.
Very quickly this deteriorated from a shouting match to an actual war. LOTR declared war on Thor because WG believed they had a pact with SMYN, which is quite untrue - the Editor of this organ knows that SMYN have no pacts with anyone, so knows for a fact that that allegation is false. LOTR then attacked an Aegis member, Aegis issued an ultimatum, but stated that they would not attack certain members 0 including the LOTR second in command and their non-battle diplo. WG kicked those players as spies, and the fighting war began in earnest.

IRONY

From what I can gather, the members kicked from LOTR were actually the most loyal to the alliance, and among their best players. They were Do Not Attack for Aegis (now renamed as Abyss Watchers) because they were respected for their playing ability, their common sense, and their ability and desire to actually bring the warring factions back together. Far from being "spies", as WG claimed, they were the potential peacemakers. But the real spies remain unfound...

Cold War Russia purge

That's how WG's actions have been described from sauces inside LOTR, and they do seem to have echoes - a totalitarian leader doing away with all forms of potential opposition. Paranoia and delusion are words heavily used by those who have decided to talk to us.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

After we went to press, we got word that WG would talk to us - so long as Intrepid Reporter stopped farting. Quick application of a rubber bung, and we were admitted to his presence. What met us was not the pantomime villain we were expecting (oh no we weren't....oh yes we were...), but a bruised and battered, but straightforward man - a man with a vision.

And to understand this story, you need to understand that vision.

THE VISION

What WG wants is a Grepo that still welcomes new players, gives them space to learn, have fun and be protected. That's really what the Rimlord Ethos boils down to. Probably what most of us had when we started, but not so common now.
And then he came across a certain member of SMYN - who will remain nameless for now, so that I can quote WG directly. The two had a run in, which led WG to decide "to make it my business above all else to climb above the monumentally classless oik and teach him some manners."
This was the motivation for the SMYN war. As WG says, "Now we can debate whether it was my place to do so - it had no bearing on our fight with SMYN generally they are a decent fair minded bunch of players and most of them got the RIMLORD comedy personna pastiche.

WHen SMYN decides it wants it usually takes without much resistance. I choose to resist long enough to humiliate" him.

Asked about the civil war, it became clear that he felt let down that his guys had chosen to fight small guys to clear the decks in 63, which is why he let in the survivors, and why he felt betrayed by those he chose to kick.

"That group only exist because my few mates and I gave them breathing space to run away .

I run groups that fight other similar or bigger sized groups. Not desperately keen on internalisation but how else could we keep going ?

How do you take cities when one member of that group has more biremes than all of us put together?

It is not shocking that we take so few SMYN cities - it is shocking that we managed any at all.

Yes the city loss stats are not pretty but the objective was not to be pretty but to survive and thwart" the SMYN player.

So there you have it - a man determined to stand by his convictions, under severe pressure. Did he make the right decisions? Probably not. Did he make them for what he thought were the right reasons? Certainly.

The Future

LOTR's prospects look grim. They have Show Me Your Noobies to the west and south, Thor to the north, and Death By Chocolate and Abyss Watchers to the east. There one hope remains The Langolier Ones - decent fighters, but often poor decision makers which so often leads to their demise in a world. What will these guys choose this time?

The Nag Nag says

It seems clear to The Nag that this situation was avoidable and lies largely at the feet of Witchunter General for his perceived bizarre behaviour and insistence on running a dictatorship. Seldom works in Grepo. However, it's clear that his motivation was the good of the small players, and you have to admire his dedication to an ideal. Problem is that that strongman leadership meant that the others were never totally committed to that same ideal, and behaved as you would expect Grepo players to behave in 2017. These aren't the "self-serving liars, cheats, conmen and ne'er do wells" of WG's accusations, they're decent, honourable players, the same as WG himself - but on a different wavelength. And ultimately, it's that lack of mutual understanding that has led to this conflict.

SMYN were also offered the chance to comment on the situation: "we're letting them squabble for now, someones gotta build those 3 to 5k cities that are left from them and building cities suck!"

So there you can see who will ultimately profit from the situation.

*****UPDATED*****
This is a reasonably even handed report. Better than I am accustomed to in fact.

A few minor clarifications

! Leadership in LOTR is determined by free anonymous survey vote. It is far from the dictatorship that has been represented. Ask any member without a bone to grind and they will tell you that is true.

Blackkat swore undying hatred of SMYN yet had in fact been working covertly for them for around 6 weeks, and now is a member of? A The I stick to my Principles Alliance or B Might as well join up now that I have been rumbled.

mithrandil96 has joined THOR ii to save his worthless skin now I have a presence in 63.. Good luck with that mate

Bear there is a further update and you will understand if we choose to differ on our views of the main characters,,
Ithink you should publish the final death knell of ABYSS in the interests of Journalistic integrity.

DeletedUser54518

we will see who has the last laugh :p luv you WG cant wait to see you in the forums raging when things don't go your way..

presence in 63 LOL what like 20 towns? gimme a month ill erase that 2 in front of the 0

Ever heard of mutual gain?

I did the Thor merge cause of the mutual benefit, Thor can stretch their legs and finally leave 53 and Abyss got the power to take TLO on if LOTR merges. its a win win, I save my good strong players from a long slow drawn out defense given to us by TLO not LOTR... so its always about mutual gain. sorry you cant fathom such a complex thought. you remember your ABC's still don't you WG?

DeletedUser54360

we will see who has the last laugh :p luv you WG cant wait to see you in the forums raging when things don't go your way..

presence in 63 LOL what like 20 towns? gimme a month ill erase that 2 in front of the 0

Actually I just meant me sonny . What has happened to SALLY WALLY by the way.Are you not hugging and kissing each other any more ?

DeletedUser54518

oh right you meant just you sorry, forget this was the WG show, who cares about everyone else your dragging down with your personal Witch hunts no pun intended. again im done argueing with myself I never get anywhere. im done responding to your half hearted jabs.

DeletedUser51150

WG.
you being played mister. wake up and smell the roses. i notice your own alliance is starting to crack at the seams. no doubt death by embarrassment or something close. every time i see you post or your name i just think of jabba the hutt.

DeletedUser26636

Allow kitty to clarify something in that I am no spy for SMYN, but Foo Fighter and Mad Man Mars were kind enough to reach out to me when they realized I became a stray and decided to adopt me.

Now kitty has a chance to stretch out its leg and scratch up a new post before it bears its fangs.

DeletedUser54360

Allow kitty to clarify something in that I am no spy for SMYN, but Foo Fighter and Mad Man Mars were kind enough to reach out to me when they realized I became a stray and decided to adopt me.

Now kitty has a chance to stretch out its leg and scratch up a new post before it bears its fangs.

no one could have screwed up so many easy assignments so often and have been on the level. Dishonest or incompetent which ?

DeletedUser54360

WG.
you being played mister. wake up and smell the roses. i notice your own alliance is starting to crack at the seams. no doubt death by embarrassment or something close. every time i see you post or your name i just think of jabba the hutt.

Care to crawl out from under your rock and explain in what alternative universe your opinion carries any weight ? Evert time I see a post from you I think what a pillock.

DeletedUser54360

oh right you meant just you sorry, forget this was the WG show, who cares about everyone else your dragging down with your personal Witch hunts no pun intended. again im done argueing with myself I never get anywhere. im done responding to your half hearted jabs.

Just like you are done with the members you abandoned to join Thor 11 without any prior agreement with your council.

DeletedUser54360

oh who am I kidding LOTR is finished not by fighting but by intrigue. The 5 decent souls who stayed with me to the end will go to TLO and the 54 border is over. SMYN are free to expand north into 64 and 63. There is nothing more I can do to stop them. I am beaten not by the sword but by the assassins knife. It is not the first time and it will not be the last. Maybe next time we can write a different ending I am getting tired of this one.