Passed Naming of Islands/Island Groups

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like the idea too, but much prefer randomly generated names - it keeps things simple. Repetition can be avoided with a HUGE list of names and simple check to ensure none of them appears twice in the same world.

Don't really see why this would cause more lag to the game whatsoever. Of course its impossible to tell without seeing the actual code, but one would think that drawing simple string once per visible island is not that much of a burden for client machine (nor does it bring much bandwidth overhead to send them).

While it might make alliance coordination easier, much more important point in my opinion is that it would give some personality to otherwise unforgivably generic islands.

DeletedUser

I don't think names would be repetitive if people got to name the island but how would you determine who names the island...?

DeletedUser

A poll has been added to this idea, and it will remain open for 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

Hello, I am back. I never thought that this idea would gain a sticky in my absence. Thank you everyone and continue to support this thread! And many thanks to you, Eclipse!

DeletedUser

This idea did not pass, but we will vote on it again in the future.

DeletedUser

This idea imo would go nicely with the current 2.0 versions . . . if anyone would like to take over the idea and build on it that would be realle great :) . . . send me a PM or ill just put this one up to vote on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.