Passed Naming of Islands/Island Groups

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1. Complication
2. Lag

But other than that. I do like the idea of island names, I just can't think of a practical use for it other than increased sophistication.

DeletedUser

Of course there's always the opposition. Even if there's no reason for that, there will always exist an opposition.

Frankly, I don't see any reason for people going against an idea of naming islands.

As said in the previous post by Lollcatz, in the worst scenario, it would add sophistication to the game. Although, as I said already, I see many other uses for this idea. It's just a matter of avoiding the waste.

DeletedUser1405

Dont know what it would add to the game, what would happen if the person who named the island was no longer in the game.
It would get to much and slow the game down even more, as the post said above,Lag.
We get to much of it in the map as it is, can you imagine the waiting if all islands names had to be added.

DeletedUser

I disagree Mike.

The info about the cities is the first thing that appears in the map, way before the images (just hover you mouse on the emptiness why it's loading and you'll see). It's light information. I don't think will delay loading the game.

Try to vizualize the full map mode. You'll see several and several islands and because of the limited number of models for the islands, it gets repetitive, so you'll find yourself eventually lost. But if you hover your mouse on the Islands, you'll be able to see their names, making them easier to be identified.

About the names that could come up, since this will be done by an alliance, it will probably take a survey, using the greek democracy to the members suggest their names and then, after voting, the winning one being placed on the Island.

About a player that named an island leaving the game, I'm sticking with Empirerbuilder idea for the alliances naming the islands. If one alliance take over an island named (wich infers possession) by another, they obviously will rename that island, marking as their territory.

I don't see why some people prefer coordinates rather than names.

I'll point some benefits I see, if somebody else can't see or just doesn't care:

*Easier to navigate the map;

*Helps Alliances to organize their territory and members;

*Take conquest to another level: alliances won't rely on only in conquering cities, but a whole island to show power and domain

*Subsequently might bring the attention to less active players to the matters of the alliance

DeletedUser1405

Relevant points and i can see what your getting at, its a world ownership thing, if One alliance owns say 51% of a worlds islands it gets the bragging rights.
Im swaying towards this idea now as long as its not to complex and they can keep it simple.

DeletedUser

I don't know about the other but I pretty much like the idea :)

DeletedUser

I like the idea but i think that it shouldn't be the alliance who name the island but the strongest guy on the island, the one that has the most points

DeletedUser1405

I like the idea but i think that it shouldn't be the alliance who name the island but the strongest guy on the island, the one that has the most points

So im on an island next to a player with 11k points and just because i dont think points are that important in the strategy aspect of the game he gets to name the whole island.
I know its not that important but i do think it should work on alliance owned percentage of the island and if the alliance owns more than 75% of the villages then they can name it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the Grep. people should name the islands with a random naming system like the farming villages.

DeletedUser

I think the Grep. people should name the islands with a random naming system like the farming villages.

Exactly Right!
With automatically assigned island names we can refer to particular islands, rather than cities. This feature would be extremely handy for the purpose of identifying target islands on which to build World Wonders.

nb. Island names must be unique in each ocean, but the same names could be used in other oceans ie; 'Crete Island' may appear once in each ocean.

DeletedUser

I totaly agree with Soveliss and Leonadius. There can be 2 "Macedonia"s but only one per ocean. Or, it could be "Macedonia-65", "Macedonia-66", etc.

DeletedUser

Seeing as this is now priority 6 for voting, I will come back here. Does anyone have any thoughts about this idea.

DeletedUser

Individual islands and small groups are just too much and adds way too much complication.

I would recommend you change your idea to naming sectors instead to improve alliance administration. Each ocean is divided into 4 quarter sectors. You can then name each sector for your alliance and assign leaders.

DeletedUser

Individual islands and small groups are just too much and adds way too much complication.

I would recommend you change your idea to naming sectors instead to improve alliance administration. Each ocean is divided into 4 quarter sectors. You can then name each sector for your alliance and assign leaders.

I have followed your recommendation and that has been done.

DeletedUser

I think under member tabs (under alliance tab) the members should be arranged into sectors first, then into points in their sections also if you have the ability to shift from the "original view" and "section view".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mmmm... thats kind of borderline... I think it's good how it is.

DeletedUser

Mmmm... thats kind of borderline... I think it's good how it is.

Some of that could be incorporated. In the members list yes, you should be able to view members by the sector that they fall into and who happens to lead that sector.

DeletedUser

What about the 100 city players who are in multiple oceans this will just annoy them checking each section in the forum. And no alliance needs 4 leaders per ocean. Simple thruth is if your in an active organised alliance there is no need for this.

vincaocao

Phrourach
Well I don't like this idea but it would be good for me and azkatraz naming our island "Shell Island", check his city names all shell island lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.