Eligible_for_Revote Naval Tactics

Discussion in 'Re-Vote Discussions' started by -Achilles-, Mar 23, 2013.

Share This Page

1. -Achilles-

-Achilles- <a href="http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.p

I completely forgot I had this idea :D

I've begun updated with the changes discussed, i have already done the slashing the advantages one and so that should solve some of your queries. As for biremes not lining up two deep what do you mean? It was a known tactic and ancient greece and if you mean ingame then of course not, it is a new idea which i'm suggesting.

EDIT: Finished updating.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    lmaria likes this.
  2. Zeko7

Zeko7 Peltast

I know this might make coding more annoying, but what about quotas ?

Like the kyklus tactic : make it work ONLY if the defender has at least 8 biremes
    (or any other number that you feel better suited)

3. Mr Muay-Thai

Mr Muay-Thai Phrourach

Really like the tweaked version -Ahillies- brings alot more tactical elements to the game and could give it a new lease of life :)

4. WPB3

WPB3 Peltast

to long to read..to hard to understand..Say leave the navy combat alone..Boats work fine the way they are..

5. VladamirHadra

VladamirHadra Peltast

don't post if you aren't gonna read it. For all you know, this could be the best idea in the world. -rep from me!

it's a good idea, but would require too many new things. I would be on board for new naval units so it had the same amount of variety as land, but not naval tactics. They are too confusing, and would require much more work and like Zeko7 said, a ton of coding. I think that from all suggestions posted here, I have learned that they aren't going to let game-changing ideas come in very often, maybe once every 2 years, so in 1 year, suggest this again, lol.

6. Farg

Farg Peltast

I am not against complicated strategy games, I have played several that many people feel are nightmares. I am not against adding tactical elements in land or sea combat. I'm all about player vs. player, alliance vs. alliance.

The above stated, I will not vote for ideas that add tactical combat additions, as long as Innogames is married to having luck in their combat. I don't want to be beaten by an RNG (random number generator), I want to win or lose based on my choices and the decisions of my enemy.

Inno gets rid of luck in combat, I'm on board. If luck remains, I vote no. BTW, well written and thought out idea -Achilles-, sorry I can't support it at the moment, though that is no fault of your own or your idea.

7. lmaria

lmaria Peltast

I like it, currently I agree the game is unbalanced as we pretty much know in advance what to expect and how to defeat it in naval attacks, compared to land where the mix of troops is unknown. In addition with harbor checks or flying harbor checks or just recording what was used prior, we often know what is in harbors. This would bring back a little uncertainty and choices to make to the naval attacks.
    Well researched and documented +rep

8. semwa

semwa Peltast

superb idea

p.s. dear Lane please revote this 1

9. figtree2

figtree2

I wouldnt pass this right now because of the revamp happening, I would wait until that is all over to get this passed.

10. general paulus

general paulus Phrourach

Good idea, but there's a LOT of problems with the game right now that should be fixed first.

11. Cheater of death

Cheater of death Strategos

I like this.

12. exile192837465

exile192837465 Peltast

Me too. And with the revamp improving triremes stats, I feel like this idea is even better than it was to begin with.

However, I gotta say, I don't like the idea of it being a part of the lighthouse. Maybe a new tab in the harbor, that shows up at say harbor level 10?

13. HMAS

HMAS Peltast

I like this idea, yes from me and +rep

edit: a question, not sure if this has been addressed but...

how would the support work, would the person sending the biremes/triremes be able to choose tactic, or would the person who is supported use it?

14. Omego

Omego Peltast

I know this idea was created a lifetime ago, but I still think it's great. Lack of variety in naval warfare is disappointing. If no new ships will be introducted at least offer these naval tactics (formations) to spice things up.

15. figtree2

figtree2

This idea is eligible for a revote.

16. Joseph Nieves

Joseph Nieves Phrourach

I always liked this idea, hope it gets passed this time.

17. DavisX3E

DavisX3E Peltast

I like this idea.For one main reason, it makes it more for experienced players.THis game has become far too suited to simmers.It's annoying, it would be so much more fun if it was complicated.