Nearing 3k What should my troop count & city look like?

DeletedUser

Nearing 3k What should my troop count & city look like? I am a Tribal War player who has been away for a year and jumped in to Grepolis. I am looking for advice as i approach the 3K mark.

DeletedUser

hard to give you any advise, when Im not seen your city. and your levels ect, but I expect you should start building a decent sea army, and maybe have 100 horseman, 100 slinger, 100 archers.. ?
I dont know actually, but that was my count when I was at that level.

DeletedUser

Nearing 3k What should my troop count & city look like? I am a Tribal War player who has been away for a year and jumped in to Grepolis. I am looking for advice as i approach the 3K mark.

Your question would be better served to your alliance leader....presuming you are in an alliance. If not, then it would be better that you focus on D Navy.

~ Khite

DeletedUser

I saw somewhere that you should have about 10% of your points in units. So if you are nearing 3000, you should have about 300 FS dedicated to units. I would love some validation on this guide as well.

DeletedUser

It completely depends on your strategy. Optimally, you would take you second city as quickly as possible, so at the point where you reach 4000 points, your academy should be at level 28 so that you can take your second city (if you colonize, you will only need level 22, of course). If you're all alone, not in any alliance, your city wall should be around level 10-15 (level 20 when you hit 4000-5000 points). If you're very active and have the backing of an alliance, of course, you don't need to focus as much on defense, and a level 10 city wall with maybe 200 swordsmen / 100 archers / 140 hoplites would do fine. Personally, though, I would always make sure my first city is well defended. When you hit 4000 points, it's likely that people consider taking your city, so I would have double that defense. Since Upsilon is revolt and speed 1, though, 300 swordsmen, 150 archers and 210 hoplites would probably do fine, though, all depending on which players are close to you.

If you're very active, you might want to start attacking to gain battle points. Get light ships, fast transports and enough troops to kill the defenders on nearby islands effectively. Unless alliance strategy requires it, you only really need to build up a big offensive army once you're ready for your first conquest.

In terms of buildings, I have already mentioned academy and city wall. The only other thing is to make sure you have harbor (for Phoenician merchant), cave (for spying) and marketplace (to trade with farming villages). Otherwise, I'm sure you will figure out yourself when you need bigger mines (the more active you are, the less you need to focus on mining early on), bigger warehouse, etc.

DeletedUser

Thanks to all

I am not lost but I do like hearing the opinions of others my troop count excedes that of recommendations I will focus on my Navy and Academy leveling! Thanks again!

Thrillology

Phrourach
Have this at the minimum!

Have this at the minimum to avoid conquering:
200 hoplites, 300 archers, 300 swordsmen, and slingers are almost useless.

I am an aggressive player, so I am aiming for 500 hoplites by 2,500-3,000.
I already have 120 and about to celebrate with a victory procession for honoring the fallen who have attacked my enemy without questioning.

I never can get Calvary!! They cost too much... but they cost more then they're worth. :pro:

DeletedUser

Wow, idk what to say. Slingers and horsemen both owns hoplites by a landslide when attacking, dude :S Hops are used to def against horsemen and to attack those who literally has no archers.

Thrillology

Phrourach
I can never afford horsemen.
The most I've had was three and they were not worth their money.
Until I can afford them, I use hoplites and usually 8-16 slingers.

DeletedUser

horseman (for me) are mainly used for when i need resources, fast. I make sure the city is cleared first, then send in my ponies to take the scraps.