never ending...

DeletedUser345

Also as what sapphire said beta has been so boring for the longest.

Thats rubbish for most of this year it and Gamma were the most posted on worlds and most exciting worlds due to the world war but thats just dried up into a stalemae now and Beta is boring now. :(

DeletedUser

I wish people would read my entire post and not take the middle of a sentence out of context.

DeletedUser

I wish SS would put her pirate pic back and not the cartoon :p

DeletedUser

Beta is the birthplace of the greatest players in Grepolis, and now that the world has been going for so long, it is no longer the chaos of everyone trying to gain their position. There is a set order to the top players and the top alliances. It is virtually impossible for any completely new players or alliances to rise up and become a world power. If a player joins today, there is absolutely NO WAY they will ever become even something worth thinking about. So were stuck. The top players want new challenges, but the lower players are too scared to make a move and challenge them!

What we need is for there to be something added that changes everything. Like a world natural disaster that wipes out random cities. SOMETHING that gives new people an opening so that they can "conquer the world".

DeletedUser12662

The natural disaster idea could be interesting. But why have a single world disaster? It could be an ongoing effect. Hurricanes could randomly move across Beta, obliterating cities they strike dead on, and damaging those struck a glancing blow.

If I really wanted to wipe out cities, I would suggest a Happiness scale for them, and a certain chance of rebellion every hour that the happiness remained below a critical threshold. One of the most unrealistic aspects of the grepolis simulation in my opinion is that your population obeys your every command despite your style of governing. I would have certain events lower happiness. Lopsided losses on the attack, a majority of troops stationed away from home for an extended period, a REALLY lopsided loss on defense, etc. While happiness would gradually recover to 100% when none of these factors are in play.

No longer could players simply stack the cities on the border. They would have to constantly cycle the troops or risk the cities in the heart of their empire rebelling and turning ghost. And more thought would go into the attack. Did city A lose horribly the last time you attacked? Well, let's not use its slinger nuke then. Better attack from somewhere else, even though the transit time is a little longer.

Of course a change like that would probably lengthen the game, making an ultimate victory even more difficult, much to the misguided dismay of certain camps, and much to the relief of those like myself.

DeletedUser

Beta is the birthplace of the greatest players in Grepolis, and now that the world has been going for so long, it is no longer the chaos of everyone trying to gain their position. There is a set order to the top players and the top alliances. It is virtually impossible for any completely new players or alliances to rise up and become a world power. If a player joins today, there is absolutely NO WAY they will ever become even something worth thinking about. So were stuck. The top players want new challenges, but the lower players are too scared to make a move and challenge them!

What we need is for there to be something added that changes everything. Like a world natural disaster that wipes out random cities. SOMETHING that gives new people an opening so that they can "conquer the world".

Yes, but it seems more that slightly smaller alliances are taking the opportunity to break into the top 12 :)

Also, with your natural disaster idea, I am sure many top players would leave as they would get angry as they would be losing cities daily... I mean if you look at RW (Redneck Woman) 150+ cities, she would likely lose 1 or 2 per day and eventually conquering would become useless.

DeletedUser345

and if the hurricane comes from the centre of my territory? I lose 50 cities :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

what about supercities? Cities that can have 10k pop with faster training times... That would be something to fight about, And it could break thoose anoyying stacks

DeletedUser

If this world was evolved to 2.0 and had wonders and hades as a new god, thats a GUARANTEE to bring this world back to a liven.

DeletedUser

Except Im sure there are plenty of players like me who hate the 2.0 versions

DeletedUser

The 2.0 Versions have their perks such as having to actually earn your faming villages early, this can easily help the new players learn aggressive style early on the hlep them fend off enemies. The introduction of a new God on Beta could help make it more interesting. Also i do like the idea of the cities having a happiness meter sort of like the villages, Defeats woulds mean less happiness and each victory would bolster your happiness leading to revolts, this doesnt always have to be a revolt it could just be the civilians refuse to work for a day or something like that to help make it more exciting to conquer and expand.

DeletedUser5994

If this world ends i would cry.........

Eh not really but i like doing nothing :D I just want to be the longest beta player :D

DeletedUser

...Eventually the only players left will mostly likely be cash players. Pretty sad...every game should have an ending purpose. When I first started playing this game a long time ago, "conquer cities, rule the world". Seemed to have an ending purpose. How can the game end when the strict CPs needed for each city slot is so ridiculously high, cannot demo conquered cities completely and nothing attracting new players in this slooooow world?

it would take you $249,282.00 and 99+ years of your life to own beta world with 100 towns per ocean

see: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=10600