New App Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We are collecting feedback in more specific detail for the new hybrid app. In particular:

What, for you, are the biggest problems the current app has for your style of gameplay?
What kind of usability are you currently missing from the new app?
What actions did you use the old app for, that are now less usable with the new app?

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
The hybrid app is made for mouse and keyboard, not touch. Simplify a lot of things like the old app and make it more on-the-go.

You could take the old app and make the command overview better + add a function that makes it much easier to see in which cities you have which units

thunder123

Hipparchus
i 100% agree with @VIRTUALSELF
1)
it's impossible to play with new app as you can't really click anything, we don't have a mouse. opening overview is a pain and unless you are 10 years old your fingers can easly "missclick" everything
2-3)
i wasn't using app anyway because of how slow it was. only major difference, now alarm looks worse to me

honestly, the only useful changes i could think of, is either have bigger icons for everything or get back tabs like old app (keep some useful changed like browser messages). also, honestly something that allows to click the number of needed transports would help. it is annoying to write numbers every time from computer but atleast we have a keyboard, from app i would need to open the "phone keyboard" every time and waste 10 more minutes for something as easy as 1 click (remember we can already do it with attack planner, it wouldn't be the biggest change in grepo history)
and please, something that would help both app and browser: give us an option to set arrival time on attack planner, writing it 100 times is boring.
it's in italian, i apology for it but i copy pasted a friend of mine's image. everything is exactly as it is now. only big important difference: arrival time (orario) and day (data)
pianificatore2.jpg

isambardkb

Hekatontarch
I have only tried the new app for a few day and only use it for the event.

These are the problems if have encountered so far.

The hybrid app is not suitable when you are truely mobile, if you are out walking , shopping or at work and need to respond to an attack the buttons are all too small to for a quick response. You need a massive screen or fantastic eyesite to be able to see and hit the correct button first time. With the existing app most buttons are a better size and to an extent you use muscle memory to select the correct option.

Selecting a city on island often is very hit and miss.

The new app alarm is unreliable. Often delays of 20+ minutes.

The ability to hover over a button is not there. This is essential for selecting island quests or working out what to build next.

When responding to a message or posting in the forum the keyboard takes up half the screen and mostly or completely cover the text area which you are writing in, making it impossible to edit or post correctly.
This is partly due to the orientation of the new app. The original just took up one third of the screen.

The new app is missing the ablity to scroll though the cities by size or population available. This was very useful on the old app if you have a load of cities and are rebuilding troops or building for WW.

When trying to launch an attack or send support the keyboard needs to default to numbers not letters.

meng26

Phrourach
Firstly, a note of thanks that you are keeping the classic app available after Dec 31.

What, for you, are the biggest problems the current app has for your style of gameplay?

This:
pinch and zoom, wait out the lag,
move the screen to get to the precise area i need, wait out the lag,
pray i hit the right button/ option, wait out the lag.

if i hit the wrong button, rinse and repeat.
hope the app does not completely freeze up and crash.

Can't imagine playing a competitive server with this app.

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
Same as what is said above, the hybrid is designed to be used with a mouse/keyboard and not a touch screen. Most of the issues could be resolved if this was designed for touch screen like the old app is.
Specifc issues though are:
The navigation is difficult to use, too small, screens overlap.
I had an incoming attack and was trying to dodge and nearly missed it as I was trying to get to the map screen to select a city and it just wasn't allowing me to click the buttons.
Trade is difficult, even with the drag icons they seem to not always allow you to select, manually typing in or trying to use the tiny scroll.
Typing anything in is impossible, it doesn't let you see the text you are typing, if you make a mistake you can't see where and have to guess as you try to delete or change spelling.
Searching on players or cities etc doesn't work or if you go to ranking and try to search on a player/alliance/city etc the text box blocks the search results so you can't select any.
The map is difficult to use, the zoom only allows to a certain ratio, on the old app it was really useful to be able to zoom in and out with your fingers.
It would be good to have the screens to open in full such as senate, academy.
The spells are really difficult, the old app was great for a quick view of active spells. Now you have to hover over each spell individually, dealing with the hover function as well.
Islands quests, it's hard to see that the criteria is without using the hover and risk selecting the challenge instead of just trying to see this.

I haven't had the issues with lag or alarm etc. that others seem to have though and it's faster than the old app most of the time, does sometimes get stuck on loading up but otherwise that has been fine.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Same as what is said above, the hybrid is designed to be used with a mouse/keyboard and not a touch screen. Most of the issues could be resolved if this was designed for touch screen like the old app is.
Specifc issues though are:
The navigation is difficult to use, too small, screens overlap.
I had an incoming attack and was trying to dodge and nearly missed it as I was trying to get to the map screen to select a city and it just wasn't allowing me to click the buttons.
Trade is difficult, even with the drag icons they seem to not always allow you to select, manually typing in or trying to use the tiny scroll.
Typing anything in is impossible, it doesn't let you see the text you are typing, if you make a mistake you can't see where and have to guess as you try to delete or change spelling.
Searching on players or cities etc doesn't work or if you go to ranking and try to search on a player/alliance/city etc the text box blocks the search results so you can't select any.
The map is difficult to use, the zoom only allows to a certain ratio, on the old app it was really useful to be able to zoom in and out with your fingers.
It would be good to have the screens to open in full such as senate, academy.
The spells are really difficult, the old app was great for a quick view of active spells. Now you have to hover over each spell individually, dealing with the hover function as well.
Islands quests, it's hard to see that the criteria is without using the hover and risk selecting the challenge instead of just trying to see this.

I haven't had the issues with lag or alarm etc. that others seem to have though and it's faster than the old app most of the time, does sometimes get stuck on loading up but otherwise that has been fine.
Thank you to all who contributed here. We have passed this on and our developers say this is helpful feedback and they are discussing improvements based on this.

Last edited:

Criki

Taxiarch
Yes the new app is really not fit for purpose, it needs to be optimized for mobile and tablets just like the grepolis classic app from 2012 is, there is much more available and cheaper technology now to achieve a significantly better app version that is user friendly and a proper warriors tool!

broe

Peltast
this new app is rubbish impossible to use on phone the old app is a lot better then this new one