Inactive Topic New Battle System

DeletedUser

While reading this i suggest you to listen some music... I love this song I hope you do too! :)

Proposal:
Battle will be same as in real life, you can command your troops where to go, when to attack, how to attack, make formation etc. But it wouldn't replace the original battle system!

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I checked DNS and PSI lists in the Archives and I haven't noticed idea similar to mine.

Reason
I think my idea would be something totally new to this game and also, it would allow smart players with less troops to defeat more opponent's troops.

Details
You will play against smart CPU player, or against player if he is online. If your opponent is online but AFK and won't accept challenge in X time, CPU will play instead of player. Player can also let CPU to play while he is watching the battle. Player can replace CPU while battle is played and can let CPU play again anytime. If both players don't participate in the battle, computer will play instead of them. Players will have X time to make a move.
Battlefield can be: At mountains, grass field, or some sandy shores. If it's 20:00 - 6:00 server time battle will be at night. Every unit can move X units. 1 unit can be in any shape, it depends by shape of the paths. If your opponents units are hidden behind the mountains, in cave or anywhere else, you can't see them until you get close enough (players can make units visible or invisible, but if units are invisible you can't move or do anything until you make your units visible, but it will cost you 1 move with troops in unit you used). You can't get into hiding places until you don't check place is safe. To check is hiding place safe, you must be 1 unit near the hiding place. Naval units can't move on land, just in the sea, lake or river.

Researched General (Academy level X) - 10% stronger Attacking and Defending
Playing at night - 10-20% Defender has more stronger Defense
Defender playing behind the city wall - 10-20% Defender has more stronger Defense
Playing in fortification (X wood, X stone, X coins) - Attacker defending 10-20% stronger, Defender Defending 5-10% stronger
Playing in hiding places - 5-10% stronger defense for Attacker and Defender

Abuse Prevention
Read the bolded words in details.

Summary
Idea is not worked out, but it can always be edited! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30490

no,changes the game a lot
would be like forge of empires then,the battling part.
Whats the use of fighting with a CPU player?plus you can anyways fight with a normal player you just dont get to control the army obviously.it would just complicate things

DeletedUser

no,changes the game a lot
would be like forge of empires then,the battling part.
Whats the use of fighting with a CPU player?plus you can anyways fight with a normal player you just dont get to control the army obviously.it would just complicate things

Actually it doesn't. It wouldn't change anything, idea would just be added.

DeletedUser30490

so you're saying is,change the entire battle system so that every attack we send we have to command where we send our troops?
positions that is?

DeletedUser

Oops, sorry I forgot to mention, it wouldn't replace the original one (battle system).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

This idea HAS been suggested before. Maybe i'll dig it up in a bit.

As for the Idea its self, It just doesn't work for Large scale battles involving hundreds or thousands of units. Besides that, it would be a cool feature, but unfortunately it doesn't work for games like Grepolis.

DeletedUser

also I am rarely on-line for my attacks against other cities (I know nooby practice but I have a small life). It would also of course take a large amount of time which I would rather spend trying to sim.

DeletedUser

also I am rarely on-line for my attacks against other cities (I know nooby practice but I have a small life). It would also of course take a large amount of time which I would rather spend trying to sim.

Thats why I said this:
Proposal:
Battle will be same as in real life, you can command your troops where to go, when to attack, how to attack, make formation etc. But it wouldn't replace the original battle system!

DeletedUser

This idea HAS been suggested before. Maybe i'll dig it up in a bit.

As for the Idea its self, It just doesn't work for Large scale battles involving hundreds or thousands of units. Besides that, it would be a cool feature, but unfortunately it doesn't work for games like Grepolis.

I made many attacks, and that actually became too boring, you just send units. You already know what units you should send, and then you must wait. But yeah I agree with you this is a click & point game...

DeletedUser

Come and try forge of empire. You will get what you want. Or simple go back to hero III. They have new edition in steam and its really cool.

DeletedUser8396

I think this is under "Too much work for too little gain" DNS. It would require Inno to create an entirely new CPU system alongside an entirely new mechanic. It is, without a doubt, an entirely different game.

DeletedUser8396

I think it isn't too little gain. Too little gain would be just introducing the new battle system...

Which is precisely what you're doing mate. You can say you aren't all day, but truth be told you are. If I have a lemonade stand, but sell orange juice, I can say it's lemonade because of the sign, but it ain't gonna change the fact that it's orange juice.

DeletedUser

as a whole I just don't want this for grepolis. some games do this some don't. it would totally change what grepolis is about and not actually make the game better but just get rid of a load of old players and bring a load of new ones.