Passed New Building : Arena + Gladiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Another idea. Have it cost CP to upgrade your Gladiators. This would discourage upgrading unles you have a killer gladiator and are willing to waste the CP to do so.

DeletedUser

Another idea. Have it cost CP to upgrade your Gladiators. This would discourage upgrading unles you have a killer gladiator and are willing to waste the CP to do so.

I don't think so, because you EARN the CP from killing a gladiator.

DeletedUser

I don't like the idea of killing gladiators. In fact, the Romans usually didn't kill the gladiators, they fought, and only killed petty thieves and criminals in the arena by making them fight lions, elephants and such. Of course, death would be a chance, but I don't see it being something that has to be. Also, I liked #2 poster's idea better than thread starter.

Just sayin...

DeletedUser

I know that gladiators weren't usually killed in battles, I meant to say defeated. Sorry, a mistake on my part.

DeletedUser

I was just responding to the general public in here, as you were not the first to write "killing" Gladiators, I feel that you shouldn't be held responsible for that mix-up.

Anyway, I still agree with 2nd poster. However, I feel that Gladiator games should be held randomly, at a cost of X amount of resources (1/10th of Theatre Plays). Maybe you could upgrade your gladiators, or even be able to bring them along into battle, as a "Mythical Unit", or rather a "Hero" after he has participated in 10 Gladiator Games, and you get your CP. Perhaps you can get a chance to hire him. His skills are generated with the victories and defeats in the participated games he's been in, and the population could be approx. 10-20. He should be about the same strength as the required pop would say he should be, but perhaps even a littlebit stronger yet.

The more games he looses, the more defensive he gets.
The more games he wins, the more offensive he gets.

sharp/blunt/ranged could be random, or at a specified request from the player, just like you choose a "God" you should also be able to choose his "weapons" or in other words, what defense/offense he should be.

Max gladiators you can have could be the number of cities you have, which would mean you cannot make an army of gladiators.
The Arena, as #2 said, should switch place with one of the bigger buildings, but I think it suits better to be replacing the Statue/Tower/etc position than the Thermal Baths/Theatre.

I also think that 24 hours is just about the fitting recharge time for a gladiator.

Perhaps you could pay off your opposing gladiator to make your own gladiator win, improving the chance for him getting offensive?

Just my half a teaspoon worth of thoughts.

DeletedUser2663

K here are some of my thoughts on the matter

Population cost- this should be incorperated into the Arena Building

Fighting style and type- the idea of choosing his attack type like blunt distance etc and whether he fight offensivly or defensivly is good but i think there may be some difficult coding for the devs somewhere in there.

Amount of gladiators- You should only need one as you only use one. If you wish to have more, maybe so you can have gladiators with different builds, make it so the builds are always ressetable and changeble

Building location in Polis overView. I personally would like to see it as a seperate building but it would be used like a theatre so Would fit in one of those locations

just my 2 cents worth

BTW great idea

DeletedUser

K here are some of my thoughts on the matter

Population cost- this should be incorperated into the Arena Building

Fighting style and type- the idea of choosing his attack type like blunt distance etc and whether he fight offensivly or defensivly is good but i think there may be some difficult coding for the devs somewhere in there.

Amount of gladiators- You should only need one as you only use one. If you wish to have more, maybe so you can have gladiators with different builds, make it so the builds are always ressetable and changeble

Building location in Polis overView. I personally would like to see it as a seperate building but it would be used like a theatre so Would fit in one of those locations

just my 2 cents worth

BTW great idea

Actually another idea for this would be that you could build the arena after you have completed both super buildings for a city.

Anmolr

Phrourach
For #45, I like whatever you've said but about this :-

"The more games he looses, the more defensive he gets.
The more games he wins, the more offensive he gets."

I think This would let everyone remain equal. Thus, I think that the one who wins more can get to increase any of their defensive/offensive stats, and the loser can only increase defensive stats.

DeletedUser

For #45, I like whatever you've said but about this :-

"The more games he looses, the more defensive he gets.
The more games he wins, the more offensive he gets."

I think This would let everyone remain equal. Thus, I think that the one who wins more can get to increase any of their defensive/offensive stats, and the loser can only increase defensive stats.

I agree to that. Losers shouldn't be getting the same bonuses as winners.

DeletedUser

Its a cool Idea
and yes I would like it but this a Greek game not a Roman one

DeletedUser

maybe after a while say like if your gladiator loses 5 or more battles in a row he would be executed for not being entertaining?

DeletedUser

:rolleyes: it would have to be introduced in a new world and would take alot of programming but I still don't like the idea:pro: not rome:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2795

very true, and I did not think that browser games such as Grepolis were meant to have minigames :S

DeletedUser

Sounds like a mini game, very little point to spend the resources and all the work just to bring about a few more CPs. Also it brings about a rome style to it where we all know this is a greek based game.

I think the game is in perfect balanced right now, however I would like to see a new type of attacking unit much like a ballista, or something along the lines.

Just my 2 sense no need to rage

Status
Not open for further replies.