Passed New Building : Arena + Gladiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser18366

Ok. There are billions of posts here and I haven't read them all. I like the original idea except from the 3 culture points. Thats a lot. I like the idea a lot. Big tournaments will take a lot of work and will probably slow the server while there on. i know your going to say "Hey! Who are you to say that?" but I think that it will crowd the server too much and will slow gameplay.

DeletedUser

I disagree It would only take 3 culure points and it wouldn't like die after every battle it would just cost 3 CP to make your one and only gladiator.

DeletedUser

I like this idea:)

It will make the game more amusing,and when we are bored of just staring at the worker in the city do the same thing again and again we can fight with gladiators lol:)

DeletedUser2795

It sounds nice, but it seems like it doesn't have much to do with the rest of the game. If you want to do stuff in this way, then I am sure that there are other browser games that allow certain types of game play. But this idea doesn't seem like it fits into Grepolis that well.

DeletedUser

I like the idea myself. But also maybe add something like Technique research inside the arena. So say there are 15 different skills. They would cost money and also you can only pick 7 of them. Also the skills would be diverse, so it's not like there would be a for sure better one.

I think if you add this it would be a little less luck and a little more thought into how you make and improve your gladiator.

DeletedUser

I like the idea myself. But also maybe add something like Technique research inside the arena. So say there are 15 different skills. They would cost money and also you can only pick 7 of them. Also the skills would be diverse, so it's not like there would be a for sure better one.

I think if you add this it would be a little less luck and a little more thought into how you make and improve your gladiator.
There is an online game about Gladiators(based in Rome not Greece) where you can personalize your gladiator in skills and weapons, you can go and play that one

DeletedUser

There is an online game about Gladiators(based in Rome not Greece) where you can personalize your gladiator in skills and weapons, you can go and play that one

No thanks. I was suggesting this because it seems to me that is would possibly based alot on luck.

DeletedUser

I think its an awesome idea. It would be a great addition to the game.

DeletedUser

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but maybe in every ocean there could be an island with nothing but a coloseum on it, and every 3 days or so, there will be a tournament.

If you beat an enemy in a battle, there could be slaves that are brought back randomly besides the resources. Besides other things, you can train it as a gladiator, and then can arm it, train it, and then enter it in a tournament.

In a tournament, there are some qualifying rounds, that eliminates all the lowest gladiators so that it is even enough for a bracket. Then, you pit your gladiator against an enemy. if you gladiator wins the first round, you get 1 culture point. If he wins the second, he gets 500 of each resource. If he wins the 3rd, then he gets 3000 of each resource. If he wins the 4th, then you will get 500 gold. If you win the finals, you get 10000 of each resource, another 500 gold, and 3 culture points.

Rounds will be held every 3 hours. And in between that time, you can change your gladiator's weapon, or armor to get the best over the enemy. You can also use potions that help him out.

Just an idea, but I know it will never get passed because it is too complicated...

DeletedUser

Im going to say this one more time.

Grepolis is a game based in Ancient greece spanning around from the 7th century BC to the 4th century BC. First of all the greeks did not have gladiators, they were Roman not Greek.

The word Gladiator comes from latin "gladius" which was a kind of sword used my the romans after the second punic war, which they started to use after they saw the benefits of shorter swords that Carthage used in Cannae.

Gladiator games were a Roman practice that took place from the First century BC, to the 2nd Century AC.

What does Greece from the 7th to 4th centuries BC has to do with Rome from the 1 bc to the 2nd AC ???

Nothing at all, not only do thousands of miles separated both, but also about 400 years. In the time Grepolis take place the roman republic did not even exist yet.

This addition has nothing to do in GREpolis, if they ever make a game caller ROMcivitas then it could be a possible addition to it.

And its not just the historical aberration (because this is more than an inaccuracy, its an aberration), its also the - what`s in it for the game? will it make things easier? will it make the battle system better? will it fix something broken? its just adding an idea that does not even have anything to do with the game at all, just for the sake of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4577

Then it would be fun for grepolis to come out with a Roman addition...Something different and fun.

DeletedUser2795

Grepolis is a game based in Ancient greece spanning around from the 7th century BC to the 4th century BC. First of all the greeks did not have gladiators, they were Roman not Greek.

The word Gladiator comes from latin "gladius" which was a kind of sword used my the romans after the second punic war, which they started to use after they saw the benefits of shorter swords that Carthage used in Cannae.

Gladiator games were a Roman practice that took place from the First century BC, to the 2nd Century AC.

What does Greece from the 7th to 4th centuries BC has to do with Rome from the 1 bc to the 2nd AC ???

Nothing at all, not only do thousands of miles separated both, but also about 400 years. In the time Grepolis take place the roman republic did not even exist yet.

This addition has nothing to do in GREpolis, if they ever make a game caller ROMcivitas then it could be a possible addition to it.

And its not just the historical aberration (because this is more than an inaccuracy, its an aberration), its also the - what`s in it for the game? will it make things easier? will it make the battle system better? will it fix something broken? its just adding an idea that does not even have anything to do with the game at all, just for the sake of it.
I agree with this, in particular the last paragraph. What would this idea do for the game?

DeletedUser809

100% agree. Threads like this just show why popular ideas are not always good ones. Not only does the idea not fit the historical theme it has nothing to do with how the game actually works.

DeletedUser

Not every thing in this game is based on the game, and I like it makes me think of inception :p but why should it be limited to just the alliance?

DeletedUser20429

I think it should be implemented because it would give players a new kind of fun to enjoy while you wait for troop or buildings to upgrade and you get prizes so it would help the expansion of your city/cities

Status
Not open for further replies.