New God Ares Feedback Thread

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I really hope that you look into removing the 30% buff for DLU and OLU on en136, it was placed to counteract ladons and spartois, once they get nerfed then its gonna be nearly impossible to flyer break

We cannot change the buffs once a world is set up and in play. They apply to all though so it's just a different challenge to play there.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I distinctly remember 128’s world settings being changed for reasons of “balance” surrounding morale.
That said, to suggest it benefited Hydna would be ridiculous, because DV lost that world handedly. ✋

Unless you’re suggesting that they lost despite having settings changed in their favour?

I distinctly remember 128’s world settings being changed for reasons of “balance” surrounding morale.
That said, to suggest it benefited Hydna would be ridiculous, because DV lost that world handedly. ✋

Unless you’re suggesting that they lost despite having settings changed in their favour?
that is precisely what I'm suggesting. I even believe that 128 was the last Olympus world because DV lost despite having the "balance" tipped in their favor so the entire game mode is now "unbalanced"

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
In general we try to not change a world's settings once it has gone live particularly if the world had been active for awhile as it means if anything goes wrong when the settings are changed it has more of an impact but we can certainly try to find out if we can change or remove the boosts.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
The only changes that ever applied to 128 were changes that affected all servers and all worlds. That would be the same situation as nerfing Ares. Specifically changing an added boost in one world is different. We are looking into whether this could be changed but as far as I am aware it has not been done before in EN.

Last edited:

G-Fight

Chiliarch
Ares needed to be changed, but these applying these changes into worlds that have been playing with Ares for months will just disrupt the worlds too much. Strategies revolving around Ares are all useless now. People have been playing for months that way and changing it now will kill servers like 134 even more.

Please consider only applying it to new servers.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Updating just some worlds is something our developers do not like to do as it means maintaining two different versions of the game/code and it could take months for the current open worlds to be closed. Also as Ares is overpowered, which is what the vast majority of the feedback we've been getting says, excluding some worlds from the nerf wouldn't make much sense as we're changing the God for being overpowered. Worlds without the update would still have players giving feedback that the Ares units and spells are too strong and warping gameplay.

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
What if (hypothetically) someone was setting up in ocean 0 to break sieges with ladons and now they won't be able to due to the cut to their speed. Sounds like grounds to chargeback to me

maybe those dummies shouldn't have gone all the way out to ocean 00 when like o34 would've been far enough out.... worlds don't get that big. but why am i speaking logic to meme machine.... oops

-Acheron-

Hekatontarch
Please refer to article 7 of our TOS https://legal.innogames.com/grepo/en/agb

7.2: 'All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users. To make sure that all users can take part in the Game, it is essential that all users use the same version of the Game, Services, Premium Services, items or currency. For this reason, you may use the relevant Game, Service, Premium Service, item or the currency only in the most recent version.'
How come new gods weren't rolled out on live servers then? Does that not breach your own TOS?

-Acheron-

Hekatontarch
excluding some worlds from the nerf wouldn't make much sense as we're changing the God for being overpowered.
It might be my ESL reading comprehension skills being put to the test here, but from what I understood, the point of contention is not whether or not Ares is OP and needs a nerf/tuning, but rather it is the 30% DLU buff that was implemented in 136 in an attempt to balance Ladons and Spartoi. By nerfing Ares it would make sense to remove the DLU buff in order to somewhat maintain the equilibrium of this "balance"

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ahh I wasn't responding with that last comment to the 30% buff and whether we can remove it but rather another poster who asked why not only update some worlds. We're going to find out if we can remove the boost to DLU and when it would be most feasible to do it.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I'm happy about the general Ares changes, in my opinion he is in way better spot than where he was. Some things that I would further change:

+1% BP boost for every 1k fury on bloodlust - this seems so underwhelming that it might as well just not be there lol.

Only way to gain fury now is through Ares sacrifice, and you need to sacrifice 2.5k troops and 5k favor to get 5k Fury. This will now get you only 200 spartois (equivalent to 45.5 griffins), or you can use it to get maxed bloodlust spell which is 30% attack for all units (and +5% BP for 1 attack)

Bloodlust is much worse than ghost command here in my opinion, and i would never waste fury on maxed bloodlust when i could attach 200 spartois to a myth attack which is still much better. I like the idea of bonus BP for the attack, but the numbers are so incredibly low that it doesnt matter. Maybe +1% BP for every 200 fury? Thats +25% BP for maxed out fury spell, at least you can notice it.

Pennaone

Phrourach
What the actual .......
So, rewind a year ago, ares is preparing for release, the entire community is giving you feedback (before even using the god) that he will be extremely OP. The entire community is rational enough to look at a gods DESCRIPTION and tell you he will be too OP but the developers are too blind to notice it themselves?

So the alternative is to just hotfix the god when he's already been in use for multiple months in some worlds, screwing over anyone who was relying on him for strategy.

-Acheron-

Hekatontarch
That is a good point too tbf. I imagine most competent alliances have formed strategies and game plans revolving around the optimal ulitisation of Ares' mechanics.
This feels like a slap to the face to those who beta tested and reported their findings only to be brushed aside, and to those who spent the time and effort to theorycraft and shape their plans accordingly

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
What else is there to it? It really is simple. Build ladons with favor farming, get fury by sending out 3 Bloodlusted LS nukes and send ladons+spartoi attacks... This game really doesnt require much skill and strategy planning past basic mechanics, its all just about how active you are... And if you cant be active, you use bot or you use gold. Or you combine all 3 of these...
People really do be having superiority complex in a game that is 50% grind, 40% gold, maybe 10% skill