New God Ares Feedback Thread

kingpg28

Phrourach
there lies the possibility of these OP additions to simply kill the game off completely... they invest no time in grepo anymore tbh, these could be some bad attempt at driving away the player base so they can finally put a end to this game

HarleyMatic

Hipparchus
I was thinking of joining the new world but I think this made up my mind not to.

Bring back the days of 5 gods and the old farming villages system when you didn't have to spend hundreds if not thousands of battle points to get farms. This game has gone to hades and it don't look like it's coming back,. Inno needs to get rid of the devs they apparently brought over from WoW and get this game back the way it was, enjoyable!

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I was thinking of joining the new world but I think this made up my mind not to.

Bring back the days of 5 gods and the old farming villages system when you didn't have to spend hundreds if not thousands of battle points to get farms. This game has gone to hades and it don't look like it's coming back,. Inno needs to get rid of the devs they apparently brought over from WoW and get this game back the way it was, enjoyable!
uhh you had to make every city OLU to begin with and more than 600 (which is what you need now to make all 6 new villages) which is much more hassle and work than what it is now. This is a good change bruh

kingpg28

Phrourach

nah ur dumb imagine breaking a siege before artemis... she was a good balance for the game, as for the old farm systems, sure you didnt have to spend bp to unlock but you also got 115% less ress and if you looted your farms will revolt also not everyone is keen on building off in every city to start for farms... the new farm system is 100% better, now if we want to argue gold system thats diff... i dont like it but it technically is better, reduces the possibility of transferring gold.. 200 gold for 100 ress... buying gold offers in one account transfering to other... it makes it more fair... inno started doing to much with the introduction of Aphrodite

1saaa

Strategos
there lies the possibility of these OP additions to simply kill the game off completely... they invest no time in grepo anymore tbh, these could be some bad attempt at driving away the player base so they can finally put a end to this game
I actually disagree with you here. Before these gods were released I was actually pretty optimistic. Inno had been making a lot of solid but small improvements that the players had wanted for a long time.

Now I think the introduction of these new gods is an honest attempt to inject energy back into the game. Its a shame that barely any thought went into them.

thunder123

Hipparchus
after 2 weeks of server i can say that all ares spells need a rework
ares' sacrifice: 100 favors + 100 units for 100 fury is useless. none will ever do it (maybe only to test it out). to much resourses wasted for no reward at all.
ares' army: this is just overpower and gamebreaking. you do not need 5000 fury to you this spell and ruin an alliance. expecially because you can combo this with next spell.
bloodlust: this is what makes ares' army to strong. you get a buff (5%) on your attack and then you get a lot of fury. basically on a lightship nuke you lose 5% power (wich is nothing) and you get 1800 fury to use for ares' army
spartan training: i just love this. it helps with everything, it actually balance out the game for non golders who need to troop defense against fliers. please do not change this at all, finally we ahve something to "counter" fliers from events. you only need to play properly and you have some hope (not taking is consideration gold for defense, obviously)

1) ares sacrifice: either remove favor cost, or units sacrifice. if you remove favor cost you can make it cost 200 troops and give 100 fury so people can somewhat spam it (but they need to lose all their troops). if you remove unit costs it's a bit to strong, maybe make it 50 fury or people would just spam this for ares' army
2) ares army: either nerf sparti or nerf the amount of sparti you get from it (25% or 33% in my opinion would be better for balance).
3) bloodlust: remove damage buff. i can't get this much advantages for no cost at all. it is a win-win spell that you can use on any kind of attack
4) spartan training: as i said, it is perfect.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Bring polls back here, and genuinely ask the players this (maybe give it a few months til asking about Ares so they get a feel first):

Would you prefer worlds

1. with Aphrodite
2. without Aphrodite

Would you prefer worlds

3. with Ares
4. without Ares

And see what the players think.

These recent new features are just so poorly thought out / untested. At least Artemis has some semblance of balance to her.

I support this-- and I also wish we'd been given a year or so to work out the issues with Aphrodite before introducing Ares.
Both are hugely game-changing and overpowered in different ways.

Kotyara

Hoplite
This is just hilarious. I temporary stopped playing due to the mess that Aphrodite were and just checking in to see if they finally sorted out the sirens.
Just to find they now broke the game even more instead.
Welp. Guess this is my permanent farewell as the devs are completely incompetent of running this game and I have absolutely 0% confidence in them anymore.
And clear as day they don't give a sh*t about what their players say and just keep implementing new things, instead of sorting out already broken existing issues.
Not to mention not taking any feedback from the top-spectrum of players. Or just ANY players at all as it seems.

Why even bother having beta-branch servers if the feedback from there is just getting ignored?
Good luck to anyone who still stays after all this mess. It's just going to get worse from here on out.

/rant over, and farewell.

Shuri2060

Strategos
i heard the ladons are a bit on the weak side. Make them stronger :cool:
U1G9Kkc.png

DeletedUser55901

I think is the first time in 11 years I agree with @Baudin Toolan . I must get old. But still. I see a lot of peeps barking against Ares new units. Most of these peeps, if not all of them, medium grepo players.
My opinion, new units are marginally like the griffs. I dont remember u crying so bad when the griffs were added. But, what Ares do great for u, turtles, is giving u the posibility to become even bigger turtles with the 70% recruitment buff.
We can talk hours about pros and cons. In the end, my opinion Ares is great. From many reasons but I really dont have all day.

T0M4S

Chiliarch
I think is the first time in 11 years I agree with @Baudin Toolan . I must get old. But still. I see a lot of peeps barking against Ares new units. Most of these peeps, if not all of them, medium grepo players.
My opinion, new units are marginally like the griffs. I dont remember u crying so bad when the griffs were added. But, what Ares do great for u, turtles, is giving u the posibility to become even bigger turtles with the 70% recruitment buff.
We can talk hours about pros and cons. In the end, my opinion Ares is great. From many reasons but I really dont have all day.
fc501f6a-9c41-4292-9b2c-c35afebfae10_maxresdefault.jpg

Shuri2060

Strategos
jeez u wot

I want some of those griffs u use

xFate

Strategos
Griffons are like Ladons.. :thonk:

Thecrosswhite

Hekatontarch

Actually by adding the ladon (flying distance weapon), you give a boost to all other myths (because all the DLU composition of siege must be modified to put more swords (to the detriment of others) with at the same time the potential to have a 9k Nuke with hades army (without considering the passive of the ladon). If you don't see the problem for conquest mode on EN server (without night bonus) after that.

DeletedUser55901

Actually by adding the ladon (flying distance weapon), you give a boost to all other myths (because all the DLU composition of siege must be modified to put more swords (to the detriment of others) with at the same time the potential to have a 9k Nuke with hades army (without considering the passive of the ladon). If you don't see the problem for conquest mode on EN server (without night bonus) after that.
Kinda u don't know me, apparently. I'm all in for fliers nukes and I hate the turtles.
I will tell u a real story: was playing a sandbox world. With night bonus. Was sp6, so Kinda had, with no exaggeration, 60 fliers nukes. In that time I was doing taxi.
So, I was driving with some costumers. 15 mins drive. After 3-4 minutes I had an incoming cs.
I couldn't stop to say to the costumers : "hey, I'm a moron, I'm playing grepo and u need to take a break coz I need to dodge a cs. I continued the journey and in 10-15 minutes I was free.
But it was too late. Coz many LILL HYENAS, already jumped on me and stacked the city.
I could have break it, no doubt. But I preferred to lose a city instead of making my enemies tones of bps and smashing ny nukes almost for free.
I like to play by myself. An alliance is very good, especially if you play with Silver Witch or Aethilla kind of players. But u like to be called to help not to cry for. Its true, sometimes I was asking for help, most of the times I received none. Except when I was playing with the mentioned players.
So, u see, my lill hyena, since Ares I have a feeling that I can make u and the rest of your lill hyenas friends, to suffer so bad, that I dont have words to thank grepolis.
STILL, defenders have the edge. All of you, Ares haters, can say what u want. If u have the right heroes, use them right to build the troops, u will still be using less ress, spells and time than an average player who builds a landons nuke.
Leave only 3k swords, which were absolutely useless till now, and see what will happen with a ladons nukes?
But no, instead of looking for solutions, lill hyenas come here to bark! Inno cant give u brain, u need to sort it out by yourself.
Another thing, the 70% recruitment bluff fron Ares, is made for u, lill hyenas, not for the fliers nukes makers. I DONT HEAR ANY OF YOU BARKING ABOUT THAT!
Lill hyenas loves to stack a siege, like 1 trillion dlu and 1 bizzilion birs, and laugh watching real players trying to break it. Well, those times are gone.
Another thing: EVENTS!
All I hear is about the 2% real hard-core spenders buying unlimited nukes. WHAT ABOUT THE 98% in witch are 99% lill hyenas, who receive a lot of things FOR FREE???? And the fact that inno is giving u this game for free? 10 years of free gaming.
But no, some of you are leaving to play Fornite. My son does. My gmt is 2 h behind his. I dont even wake up that he's calling me that he needs £14 to buy a god dam skin! Almost everyday!
I can write a novel here, about all your complains and , how most of them are so stupid. I think I wrote enough. For now!
Ps. Inno even gives u free gold. I made 15k in the last world, farming on the phone. But no, hyenas are delicate, they cant farm for gold! But they complain! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: