New God Ares Feedback Thread

HarleyMatic

Hipparchus
this tracks, i joined en06 2 weeks late and dropped in ocean 25, ocean 15 was half filled within a month
Zeta (en6) the first revolt world and if I remember correctly the first speed 2 world too?
Speed 2 was so fast back then lmao......You couldn't pay me to play a speed 2 world nowadays, well, everything has a price ;)

I remember Delta with the 500 alliance cap and most of the top 10 would either be capped or close to it.

DeletedUser41523

Gamma, no alliance caps, old school speed 2. Took a month to conquer anybody and alliances had 400-800 people in them.

DeletedUser13361

I think you have managed to destroy the game.
Now everything is about looting Ares' favors from your team mates and sacrificing soldiers to generate Fury. Odysseus has become the most important her0, for he will make sure of the constant flow of soldiers. This however takes place way off the front line.
How come the most important feature of the server takes place way off the front line?

For the defender there's no way of knowing on which attack Ares' army will be cast. It's actual blind defending. This seems lame when thinking on the spells cast on the attacks: wisdom especially.
This makes little point when Ares' army can be cast on any attack seconds before impact.
For the defender Artemis' Purification makes little sense, since Ares' army can be cast last second. The attacker benefits from having purification available, since the attacker can purify any attack and cast Ares' army.

Now it has become common to see CS-landing attempts with 39 LS and a handful of swordsmen. Today you don't need the same size of landing part as earlier. You can launch a bunch of LS nukes and cast Ares' army on one of them, and in sneaks the 40 swordsmen with the CS.

It's a joke!

I don't want to discuss the damage inflicted by Ares' army, since other people in this subject have already covered this.
If you want to keep Ares' features, you should at least make sure Ares' army couldn't be cast on LS or flyers! You could make a rule, that there had to be transports with a certain capacity or that there could be one spartoi for every soldier in the boats or something like that.
It would give the defender a chance of ruling out some of the attacks, when guessing where Ares army is going to be cast.

If this doesn't change, I think we'll see alliances with 75% defense and 25% offense in the future. Players likely to be targeted are small, unexperienced players, who don't have the capacity to favor farm. This will become a game of big turtle-alliances.

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
If inno is interested in mixing up the game by adding new gods that change conquest servers in a super unbalanced way, instead of just nerfing one thing and buffing another, why don't we try to implement features to balance the game that all players would probably agree to.

EASY SOLUTIONS:
1. If a Hero is sent with a CS, the hero defends the siege. IDK why this is not a feature already. this would be fun, add more strategic considerations to planning a conquest. Use the features of the game that are already available to balance it, rather than adding more modifications to servers.

2. The GOD of a siege should be the god associated with the city sending the CS. Again, this would add a more interesting aspect of strategy to the game. You could use sirens to speed up the CS, or you could use Hades to get the benefit of using Cerberus vs ladons.

Combine solutions 1 and 2. A hades CS package with Urephon and a large amount of cerberus would be a good defense vs ladons. Or if you were using sirens to time a CS, maybe you send Hector and load it up with swords instead of using defensive myths. Or you could use athena with telemachos to stack pegasus and swords for ladon/ares army combo. Melousa, perseus, pelops are all other excellent choices to help defend against superpowered flyer nukes.

Defensive myths are hardly used at all in conquest. It would be cool to actually see them become strategically valuable for siege defense by making these changes.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
I recommend maxing the fury consumed vs ALL fury consumed. +100 spartois is nice, add damage, can be purified, doesn't BREAK your nuke. It's +1000 pop to a nuke. Strong? for sure, but manageable.

When you max consume, you can add +500 or +5000 population to a nuke. That's 1.5 cities of OLU to a nuke that you add. it breaks it, I think cap it, 100 or 50. Don't change the favor needed, still make it 380 for +1000 pop, which is STILL worth it. just cap the fury consumed to 1000. This allows for multiple uses and not 3 people sending 3 nukes and break 1000 FTS with 3 cities

DeletedUser6812

Personally theres been so many fixes players have suggested that are EASILY implemented and yet the fix that gets put in is to buff all non myth land troops by 30% in the latest world. This could change how the entire games played and encourages people to turtle up.

Why dont you just do what players actually suggest and reduce power of ladons and limit spartoi.

DeletedUser41523

I'll take a crack at that. Ares wasn't designed with the hardcore conquest player in mind. Sure, they'll use it and benefit from it. But Ares was made for the casual player who gets driven off by the hardcore conquest player. Busy week at work? Spam getting to you? Well now turning off you alarm and just sending your units out while you sleep or at work is perfectly justifiable. You'll be able to come back, post a live, and watch hilarity ensue.

1saaa

Strategos
I recommend maxing the fury consumed vs ALL fury consumed. +100 spartois is nice, add damage, can be purified, doesn't BREAK your nuke. It's +1000 pop to a nuke. Strong? for sure, but manageable.

When you max consume, you can add +500 or +5000 population to a nuke. That's 1.5 cities of OLU to a nuke that you add. it breaks it, I think cap it, 100 or 50. Don't change the favor needed, still make it 380 for +1000 pop, which is STILL worth it. just cap the fury consumed to 1000. This allows for multiple uses and not 3 people sending 3 nukes and break 1000 FTS with 3 cities
Another change that could be made to spartois is making them tied to transport ships. This would add a layer of skill (sniping) when defending against them and also prevent them from supporting flyers.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I'll take a crack at that. Ares wasn't designed with the hardcore conquest player in mind. Sure, they'll use it and benefit from it. But Ares was made for the casual player who gets driven off by the hardcore conquest player. Busy week at work? Spam getting to you? Well now turning off you alarm and just sending your units out while you sleep or at work is perfectly justifiable. You'll be able to come back, post a live, and watch hilarity ensue.

spot on.

partizanpfc

Chiliarch
Personally theres been so many fixes players have suggested that are EASILY implemented and yet the fix that gets put in is to buff all non myth land troops by 30% in the latest world. This could change how the entire games played and encourages people to turtle up.

Why dont you just do what players actually suggest and reduce power of ladons and limit spartoi.

No need to reduce power of ladons, just build more swords lol..

And no need to limit spartois, just eliminate BLOODLUST, its freacking joke, people keep golding and sending LS nukes to get ghosts easly...

Imagine getting ghosts just from sacrafice spell? That would be real deal, you always can expect 500 ghosts to hit ur siege, but it also take a lot of time troops and favors to make 500 ghosts nuke...

And ofcourse blunt bug on ghosts need to be fixed as well...

DeletedUser54978

It's ridiculous to play with ares even with that 30% on new world
I bet this world will the longest one in grepo history
Nobody will siege anyione with that god and his mith and speel

DeletedUser6812

Right - New feedback after the blunt bug fix

The AA mechanic is getting abused. We'll played to the teams who are doing it as its in the rules however not a single WW can ever be taken as thing are as they are now, and I mean no chance at all.

In a siege today which was had 80k GDU in the city (wall 0 - No narc cast) We had one player send 7 Full AA nukes. They are doing way too much damage still, and that was just one player.

Please please please stop sitting on the fence and put in a fix. Simple one, and I mean stupidly simple is to 1/2 the numbers of Spartoi you get for the same rage. The games so broken right now that the games not about tactics or skill its about suiciding troops on an ally and then getting insane BP.

Reports can be provided if needed however I'm sure you can see the reports.