New God Ares Feedback Thread

Pennaone

Phrourach
What else is there to it? It really is simple. Build ladons with favor farming, get fury by sending out 3 Bloodlusted LS nukes and send ladons+spartoi attacks... This game really doesnt require much skill and strategy planning past basic mechanics, its all just about how active you are... And if you cant be active, you use bot or you use gold. Or you combine all 3 of these...
People really do be having superiority complex in a game that is 50% grind, 40% gold, maybe 10% skill
I'm talking more so about city positioning and then beyond that alliance positioning for the world wonder stage. If I know my ladons can reach X ocean in a given amount of time then I will base my cities accordingly on the map. I could have already designated locations for backline cities that would be used for bloodlust fury generation.
I could have pacted with a small ally of good players an ocean away, still being able to protect each other effectively using Ladon's and small attacks on top of Ares' Army.

I'm not saying that you SHOULD be able to do all those things, I am not a fan of Ares. But the problem is that for the first months on the world you thought you'd be able to use strategies such as these or the one that the OV boys in ocean 00 are using, and that's where my issue is

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I get your point, I myself have my ladon city all the way in the back on the rim because they are fast, so it doesnt matter where they are. They will still be really fast though, right now they are bonkers. This is quite unfortunate for the ocean 0 squad, though they can still send 2 day TT LS attacks , that strategy seems to be unaffected with the ares changes.

1saaa

Strategos
I feel many people in this thread are giving the developers an unnecessarily hard time regarding Ares. First of all, whilst it was blatantly clear that Ares was broken day one. Making effective balance changes to an OP unit is hard, and I'm personally hoping that the reason this much needed balance took so long is because legitimate time and effort was put into it, instead of it just being shoved out half baked.

Now, I get why people are upset about their strategies being hurt, but I do think it's too early to jump the gun on this. Maybe we should do the reasonable thing and wait for the balances to see how they alter the game instead of jumping on the devs straight away.

Pennaone

Phrourach
I feel many people in this thread are giving the developers an unnecessarily hard time regarding Ares. First of all, whilst it was blatantly clear that Ares was broken day one. Making effective balance changes to an OP unit is hard, and I'm personally hoping that the reason this much needed balance took so long is because legitimate time and effort was put into it, instead of it just being shoved out half baked.

Now, I get why people are upset about their strategies being hurt, but I do think it's too early to jump the gun on this. Maybe we should do the reasonable thing and wait for the balances to see how they alter the game instead of jumping on the devs straight away.
Again, myself and probably countless others are happy with these changes. My anger stems more so from the way its being handled. Ares should have never been released in his current state, as we said an innumerable amount of times. Unless I'm reading it wrong, It takes a retard to look at the ladon passive and think that a 10 POPULATION DIFFERENCE multiplier is accurate for this game, seriously, what in the hell even is that?????? if that doesn't sum up how little Ares was looked at pre-release I don't know what does. 50 swords more in the defending city increases my ladon's by 150%?

I appreciate the changes they're making now, I just think they're idiots who don't understand their own game or community. And you can look at my history, im not one to systematically rag on the devs or the mods. But this really does it for me.

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
yeah I'll just keep it to the point with my post. Totally love the nerfs to ares, including the ladons and Ares Army spell.

My minor issue is just fury generation. The only way to generate fury after the changes is to sacrifice some units. The losing units part doesn't bug me, but the way that you HAVE to spend 100 ares favor to get 100 fury. That's just gonna be way too slow, not to mention favor larger players and alliances over smaller ones.

I would propose something like a passive city bonus that is applied to cities with Ares as the god, which states that something like "10% of the population from this town that dies in battle will be returned as fury"
(for reference, this is based off how the passive aphrodite effect gives a population increase)

that's still fairly easy to abuse but with a pretty low return rate. This also makes it more interesting as to which god you put in an LS nuke, aphro for bigger nuke, or ares for fury?

Nerfing the ladon's crazy passive ability and nerfing the Ares Army are GREAT changes. However, if an objective of Ladons and Ares Army was to provide smaller players and teams a better chance of breaking a huge stack, fury should be easier to generate.

DeletedUser52067

Everything I do is 5head and I feel like the devs are disrespecting me

DeletedUser55224

RIP Ares. Such a good idea dead to whining so sad. The only thing i agree with is ladons though it was becoming quite annoying when guys send 2 ladons at u at high speed

bertie1969

Phrourach
my opinion on this rebalancing is your making it into another dead god there will be no point in building them as ladons will be useless expensive to build for no real gain over other myths

DeletedUser55224

doesnt seem like they are eager to change ares which i think is fine

Urope

Hipparchus
when the Ares rework will be rolled out in en136 what will happen to the existing ladons in our towns , will they change attributes, FS used, speed, .. or will they continue to have the same attributes as now and continue to exist as Ladons V1 till they get killed ?
didn't find anything about this in the devblog

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
When the update with the rebalance happens the stats on Ladons will automatically be changed on all worlds that have Ares.

Ro deschain

Phrourach
Ares perfect for revolt world but to OP for CQ, innos solution? Makes ares completely useless for revolt to make CQ players happy lol