New God Proposal

DeletedUser55540

What if we had a new God, what would it be?

My humble opinion would be a God that promoted city growth, and ''trip-like protection'' on steroids lol.

I was bored so here's my new God, enjoy!

https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/goddesses/hestia/

NEW GOD PROPOSAL

GOD: HESTIA

GOD OF ARCHITECTURE

Hestia is the God of Architecture. She is the eldest daughter of Cronos and Rhea. Hestia is described as a kind, forgiving and discreet goddess with a passive, non-confrontational nature.

Divine Powers

New Hearth 50 Favor

With the establishment of the new city, the city brought the sacred flame of the aboriginal empire.

Effect: Withdraw 25 Favor from other (owned) cities.

Community Hearth 150 Favor

The sacred Hearth of Hestia was transported with the Colony Ship. The favor of the God's was concealed therein.

Effect: 75 Favor Transferable to any city.

Scholastic 250 Favor

The newly establish community hearth warms the hearts of all, and motivates the new settlers. The leaders are eager to teach, the population learns expeditiously.

Effect: Academy research accelerated by 25% x 1 Hour

Architecture 450 Favor

The establishment of the new city, and community hearth motivates and solicits the entire population to participate in building the city.

Effect: City building times accelerated by 45% x 15 Minutes

Hestia Mythical Warriors

Hestia was not a God of war. As the goddess of the hearth she personified the fire burning in the hearth of every home in Greece. Hestia receiving the first offering at every sacrifice in the household with families pouring sweet wine in her name and dedicating the richest portion of food to her. The hearth fire in the household was not allowed to go out by any family unless it was ritually distinguished.

Though Hestia did not have a public cult, she was enthusiastically worshipped at any temple, regardless of the god the temple was dedicated to. For this reason her myths will be compatible with all God's and can support any city.

Hestia's most trusted companion was an ***. This dedicated servant warned her of any perceived incoming danger. For this attribute, along with the open acceptance of Hestia worship throughout various religious temples, Hestia's mythic *** will be able to support any city, and while supporting other cities will provide an impending attack report unto the owner of the supported asses. This myth is a land unit and must be transported to other islands via transport ships.

*** Attributes: Land unit

20 population + 50 Favor

100 Blunt Attack

100 Blunt Defense

100 Sharp Defense

100 Distance Defense

Dove

Hestia was not a God of war. Hestia was a virgin, because of this she is synonymous with the Dove. As Hestia lead no cult following, however worship unto her was openly welcomed in the temples of any God. The dove, much like Hestia worshippers, will be openly accepted to support any city, despite city God. Alike the faithful ***, the Dove will also provide impending attack reports for the cities they support. These reports will generate to the owner of the Doves. The reports generated by these Doves, unlike the reports of the ***, will be interactive reports, so that spells can be enacted against these attacks before they land. These myth creatures can fly.

Dove attributes: Flyer

20 population + 100 Favor

100 Distance Attack

50 Blunt Defense

50 Sharp Defense

100 Distance Defense​

*** = donkey

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel.L

Phrourach
while new gods are on the dns list, this is very well done and very thorough
I actually hope it gets read and considered in some part b/c lots of it sounds cool imo

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Very well thought out, unlike sadly most of this section
Couple of things that come to mind

Architecture seems a little expensive considering it only lasts 15 minutes, especially later on if you want to build up multiple cities

Hestia's mythic *** will be able to support any city, and while supporting other cities will provide an impending attack report unto the owner of the supported asses
Do you mean the owner gets notified when an attack gets launched at the city they're supporting at?
This would make trips ridiculously good and depending on the amount of information would make CS'ing offline players near impossible
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, just wondering a bit on how it would be balanced

For the stats of the donkeys, 100 of each for 20 pop is pretty much a straight downgrade from Envoys, which are 40 of each for 3 pop and 45 attack. I get that they're mostly meant for their special stat but maybe buff them up just a little

The reports generated by these Doves, unlike the reports of the ***, will be interactive reports, so that spells can be enacted against these attacks before they land.
I get that you want to make it a theme for the report generation, but these are just straight up better than the donkeys, would suggest either increasing the pop cost of these or buffing up the donkey's defensive values. Maybe give the spell power to the donkeys, giving each their separate advantages. Doves fly and donkeys spell
Of course these would be even better trips since you could wisdom on attacks to inactive players

I think to balance this you could hide the landing time on the attacks
That way it would still be useful (knowing that attacks are coming to inactive players is really strong), but you can't snipe cs's without the player being online
Of course after wisdom it would be possible to try and calculate the landing time but you would likely be a bit off

DeletedUser55540

@Fluvisol

Thank you for the acknowledgement, and I appreciate your concerns. After reading your review much of the abilities need further clarification, as well as adjusting to create a fair balance for both attackers/defenses of Hestia's abilities/myths.

With regards to ARCHITECT SPELL, your concern was the spell being too short duration/expensive.

The ARCHITECTURE SPELL duration of 15 minutes, is the balance necessary to counter such a powerful time saving spell. A normal Efficient Architect (Epic) is to 50% x 30 minutes. With this spell, such time saving effects are now conveniences, opposed to scarce luxurious. Best strategy for this spell would be to fill up all 7 building slots then activate ARCHITECTURE SPELL to reduce those 7 building times by 45%.

The ARCHITECTURE SPELL
cost 450 Favor, is necessary to reduce the usage of such a powerful, time saving spell. For instance, Hades Return from the Underworld Spell, Greatly reduced necessary rebuilding time for mythic nukes. Manti require 3 hours recruitment time in most worlds, by ending this spell, 10% are reborn. If Manti nuke is 50 Manti, 5 are replenished, that's over 25k of each resources, plus 15+ hours of retirement time saved. This ARCHITECTURE SPELL, produces similar results, in the reduction of building times. Only other effects as efficient are: Hera's Pop Growth, and Happiness. Also, Poseidon's Call of the Ocean. These three spells contribute to expeditious expansion.

Donkeys & Doves

These myths are the greatest by their abilities to sense damage and alarm their owners.

With such advantages, the only counter capable of balancing their abstract ability is concrete fragility. Hestia did not believe in war, for this crucial fact, it's imperative that the constituents of her kingdom reflect this desire by being non-combative, innocent. Nonetheless their ability to alert is worth more than gold.

I love your twist in that the Dove would not possess the ability to enact spells on attacks that are headed towards the cities they are supporting. Instead this ability should be awarded to the donkey, because the doves can fly but the donkeys can not. I concur, this ability should favor the donkey.

Also you have indicated that to counter these abilities, the landing times should not be available. That's genius! In fact, I would go so far as to allowing the times to be revealed in the event that the alerted donkey returns to it's home, and upon arrival a landing time be provide to the owner of the donkey, as if he's a messenger bringing the alert of an impeding attack from the city the donkey was supporting. Likewise with the Dove, the Dove must be recalled to provide a landing time for the impeding attack.

The attributes of both the Dove and the Donkey must be defenceless, as their God was not one to fight. These are the reasons why their abilities are to alert, to sound the alarm.

Under further thought, these Super Trips are compatible with all God's, so they must act as common people not warriors.

This is fun, I don't understand, and have yet to witness this ''Do Not Suggest List'' I appreciate the request as everyone would compile arguments for who they endorse and why they would be a good selection for the game.

With Hestia, she's both the first born daughter of greek mythology, and the youngest daughter after being devoured and regurgitated by Cronos. She's in every home in symbolically as the Hearth. Her story is not popular so the rights and cost to incorporate her into this game world be minimal if any, she's virtually unknown and underappreciated.

Kind regards,
K