New Goddess Aphrodite Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Our newest addition to Grepolis's pantheon of the gods will be added to our upcoming world being released on the 24th. Please use this thread to discuss the new Goddess. To see the full announcement for Aphrodite and her spells and units check out this thread.

Spartan AD

Phrourach
Glad to see the posts on the feedback thread on the beta forums haven't been entirely ignored and the completely game-breaking and overpowered passive effects of the siren have been addressed before adding it to the full game.

Someone say bring back player council? Absurd, the developers clearly know best.

Last edited:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Glad to see the posts on the feedback thread on the beta forums haven't been entirely ignored and the completely game-breaking and overpowered passive effects of the siren have been addressed before adding it to the full game.

Someone say bring back player council? Absurd, the developers clearly know best.

naah, i want more competition in the world, want to see more people land 30 attacks 1 sec before or after the cs and not only the russians lol

DeletedUser55437

My thoughts about this god:

Hymn to Aphrodite - the 1.5% increment is completely useless when it comes to farming, why would anyone stack this spell when they can just rather use it on multiple cities? You would need to cast it 20 times to get 50% and only once to get 20%, was there even any thought put into this? Nobody will have 20 spells early game and mid game people gonna have more cities to cast it on.

Charitable festival - This is litteraly 130 favor for 6 bp that you save on a vp. I wouldnt bother casting this, thats how insignificant it is.

Sirens - Cool design but too OP as people mentioned, Im assuming that timing and cancelling attacks wasnt considered when coming up with this. Problem is that this discourages people who can actually time, its taking a skill away from the game. Devs wouldnt know this since they dont play the game, which is a shame.

Narcissism - maybe balanced, for big breaks people are gonna have athena's city protection anyway, always can just be purified (i hope)

Satyr - Probably as useless as any other myth that isnt a flyer, speed is not that good since to make use of it you have to send attacks made of satyrs only and landlocked

Pygmalion - Idk everyone has around 250 more pop now (225 + 10% of 225 with baths), pretty poggers for those big ls nukes people polish for 10 days and use them once a year, maybe we gonna see 430 ls nuke and said player who send it will call themselves best grepolis player. Jokes aside its very meh and we could have something with a better design, since you can cheese this by swapping out gods and going into negative population.

DeletedUser55437

oh didnt think of that, again those were my first thoughts without me playing it. its broken then

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
yes, it can be cleaned with purify spell but if you cast city protection siege defenders cant do much, i reckon this will be used all the time for all siege busts, and now those -10 to -15 myth debuffs on most newer worlds will be neutralized, while world LS boosts will just get stronger and stronger, especially with boosted pop cap, gonna be sick, no need to build myth without tokens, only ls breaks lol

DeletedUser55437

mhm, you cant utilize the extra pop in myth cities also

DeletedUser55437

already this problem is easy to fix by making city protection castable only on blue and green cities, in a similar way that you get penalized for bashing bp, but this cant even be worked around unless you get the enemy to pact you or something LOL

DeletedUser27128

Honestly, not sure what the point of Aphrodite is - aside from narcissism there isn't a single useful thing here

Also, Pygmalion is broken, pls fix. Extra 225 population is insane

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
meh, just a question, how do u use aphrodit bonus in manti nuke city? :)

if you are new to the game then i guess this can be forgiven, but if you are not new then you should know by now that all mythical units are linked to the god worshiped in the city, so you cant have aphrodite bonus population passive buff in cities that do not worship her, same way you cant build manties in city that is worshiping her, she is good for helping break sieges due to narcissism spell and bonus population towards LS nukes to have more of them for siege breaks/bp hunts, you can use her in your dlu,bir and olu cities as well for bonus population if you chose to, however timing sirens with DLU/Birs will result in a lot of your supports to potential sieged city bounce due to different worshiping god unless they have aphrodite there as well, so i would probably avoid using sirens for timing birs/dlu's for sieges.

this should serve you as general guide :)