Wish List New Hero

DeletedUser55100

Proposal: A new Hero specifically relating to myths.

Reason: Such an increase the number of "easy" myth nukes available these days through event rewards suggest the introduction of a new hero to at least give people a chance to counter a little. We currently have a Hero designed to enhance specifically myth units (Urephon) , this would be the opposite.

Details: Hero based on the God Aeolus (Greek god of the winds and air) . Seemed appropriate given that most of the free event rewards tend to be "Flyers". My suggestion is that this hero is able to automatically destroy a baseline figure of 25 % of numbers (or population space) of any flying myth nuke attacking the city in which the hero is based. This % would increase with each additional level increment.

Visual Aids:

Balance: We currently have a Hero designed to enhance specifically myth units (Urephon) , this would be the opposite, hence we then have an exclusive "myth" hero giving both positive and negative effect.

Abuse Prevention: None

Summary: New hero related specifically to flying myth units.

DeletedUser31385

New heroes are on the do not suggest list. This has been moved to the wish list section.

DeletedUser54192

New heroes are on the do not suggest list. This has been moved to the wish list section.
Would it be possible to know why the EN community is effectively forbidden from suggesting ideas to the developers for new heroes, while the DE community was actively encouraged to design new heroes with a promise of implementing one of them in the game via the Easter event? That doesn't seem awfully consistent.

DeletedUser31385

Would it be possible to know why the EN community is effectively forbidden from suggesting ideas to the developers for new heroes, while the DE community was actively encouraged to design new heroes with a promise of implementing one of them in the game via the Easter event? That doesn't seem awfully consistent.
That was a specific competition for the DE server that was approved by the developers. The do not suggest list hasn't been updated in quite some time so it may have changed. Baudin is working on getting an updated list. However, we must still abide by the current DNS list until we get an updated one.

DeletedUser54192

That was a specific competition for the DE server that was approved by the developers. The do not suggest list hasn't been updated in quite some time so it may have changed. Baudin is working on getting an updated list. However, we must still abide by the current DNS list until we get an updated one.
I understand that that was a specific competition. However, there's more to it than that. I decided to have a little look at the German forums...
  • The DE server has no DNS list. That's right, they can suggest anything for the game, without the risk of having the idea shunted off into the dead zone without any chance at proper consideration.
  • Design of new gods and new heroes is encouraged by the forum moderators: they have stickied a collective thread for new god ideas, and a collective thread for new hero ideas, in the "Meaningful Ideas" section of the Ideas tab.
Screenshot_166.png

So what should we, the international community, take away from this all?
  • We are held to different, i.e. more restrictive, rules than the DE community, when it comes to putting forward our ideas for the game. This clearly shows that different communities are not being treated equally in terms of idea moderation. I am not pinning this on any individual moderator or moderators, but rather on the system. There should be more consistency when it comes to aspects of the forum that could affect all communities.
  • The developers actively asked the DE community to choose a new hero for the game. The EN community wasn't told that this new hero was actually designed by players, and I would guess that none of the other communities were told either. In fact, in the time I have been on these forums (since late 2016), I cannot remember a time when we were actively encouraged to design a new/alternate part of the game. I have to wonder why the DE community is actively given the sole privilege of designing a new gameplay element when the largest community, the international community that should be a place for players from different national servers to come together, is effectively prohibited from even getting this type of idea anywhere near the developers. Do the developers believe that our ideas or opinions matter less than that of one sole-nation community?
I greatly look forward to hearing back on the reasons for such discrepancies in how much different communities are involved with the design and development of this international game.

thank you for Ajax. He's what I needed. I could use a couple more fighting men like him now. I'm good on strawberry shortcake heroes like Eurybea for now, got more than I need.

DeletedUser49104

[QUOTE="Kal Gordon, post: 1035399, member: 54192"In fact, in the time I have been on these forums (since late 2016), I cannot remember a time when we were actively encouraged to design a new/alternate part of the game. I have to wonder why the DE community is actively given the sole privilege of designing a new gameplay element when the largest community, the international community that should be a place for players from different national servers to come together, is effectively prohibited from even getting this type of idea anywhere near the developers. Do the developers believe that our ideas or opinions matter less than that of one sole-nation community?[/QUOTE]

It has never happened mate! best guess is that they would be overwhelmed with response and thus lead to more work (cost) to siphon the replies rather than "we're based in Germany so we will listen to them" but in doing little things like this they are, indeed, alienating a lot of players. The game has become a lot less playable without a large annual income/expendable income (grep, gold payment) and thus relies on quality over quantity which is a false economy anyway (if they favoured moderate spending then a lot of people would spend more moderately and thus increase mass/overall income). I would even go so far as to say that no dev or company director ever looks on here anyway but simply looks at the figure on the accounts and is very happy every time rather than realising that the bubble will burst soon when a large majority are priced out of the game and they are left with only a few dozen players fighting eachother willing to spend 100's a month to show off