New iPhone app - Improvement suggestions

DeletedUser

I play via my iPhone a significant portion of the time I play. The new app increases the ability of some functions and actually loses functionality from the old tool box in other ways.

Proposal

1.) It is now feasible to collect from your farms with captain, however it is very time consuming since I have 100+ cities. When I hit the back button after collecting, it would be very helpful if it returned to the place in the list I left off. Continuous scrolling after the first couple is quite annoying. Another option would be to allow scrolling to next island without going back to full list. Additionally it would be helpful to be able to sort the islands by available farms.

2.) Can we get BB codes enabled? When I get a message or read the forum a number in app is totally useless information. In the old app BB usually worked for cities and were linked, just not for reports. No BB codes work in messages yet. Forums have been improved and now allow BB codes to link for cities and players. Can app uses also be able to submit BB codes? When will reports be added; this is a crucial part of the game; being able to read and send battle reports.

3.) Can the attack launch page show target city. I'm not sure how I switched cities on prior attempt but the travel time was 3x too long.

4.) When reading in the alliance forum there needs to be an exit button. If I read a topic and am several pages deep, I must hit the back button 8 times (various depending on how many pages the topic has) to return to the main menu or city.

5.) Collecting quest awards is very annoying when your inventory is full. In browser version you can select any item on the list to claim them. But in the app you must be on the active island where the quest originated to select it and then you can't scroll through your cities to claim it. This means you must manually select your city and then find the island in question via the map (which if you have expanded beyond immediate islands it is very clumsy).

6.) Delivering resources between cities has the same problems. In the prior mobile toolbox you could select delivery of resources and then select the city to deliver from. Now you have to find the city on the map to deliver resources. In the browser version I usually use city links from farming or resource overview using premium features.

7.) Daily reward doesn't always appear. It is visible for a few days and then gone for days; which requires going to browser version to collect it if I remember.

8.) Beginner quests only randomly appear in the app; many of the later ones didn't appear at all. Maybe its the same problem as the randomly disappearing daily rewards - I'm finished with beginner quests now but others obviously aren't.

9.) App users need to be able to reserve cities and view other players reservations when they are preparing to attack a city.

Items that appear to have been implemented/fixed:
A.) I like that I can use the captain. However, in the old app I could conquer farming villages. Was this an oversight with new version. Can we get this feature back? Also, it would be helpful if we could do farming upgrades and trading with farms?
Comment: I was able to find these capabilities via the island map. However, it would be very helpful if they were also available from the farming overview. Should be a simple programing feature to link this feature since it is already designed.

B.) Attack overview is another great feature but doesn't seem to be complete. When I try and select an attack to verify timing or cast a spell it crashes every time. Also, will viewing a conquest status and troop movement be included?
Comment: This bug has been fixed. Troop movement is also now available.

C.) When I launch an attack or support and use a transport with bunks it doesn't show me the correct troop capacity. (Bug seems to be reported). The harbor/barrack orders also don't show the correct resources if there is an upgrade to decrease the resource cost.
Comment: This bug has been fixed.

D.) Can the time zone in the app match the time zone in the game settings, rather than your local time on your phone?
Comment: This bug has been fixed.

Reason
This increases the ability for players to use their iPhone/iPad or other smart device where the app is available.

Details
To include more of the game functionality onto the app that is available via the web on a computer.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Provide more balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43011

Timezone

Can we also have the timezone to be set as your alliance one as currently it mimics your phone time which is completely useless

29fch86.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks supafletch

I added your comment to the first post. I missed that one, as I agree the game time should be what it is tied to. Would make it much easier to manage your attacks/supports.

DeletedUser

How many players really play via their phone other than setting attack alarm? I'm just wondering how important continued development of the phone app is for Innogames business model.

DeletedUser

some people (one of my brothers does i know, and a couple dudes from my alliance) play on phone exclusively, or about 95 % of the time. i couldn't do that, it crashes to much, but some do.

DeletedUser

Also, a question to the forum moderators: I originally submitted the first list of items (slightly modified now) as a support ticket and was told these were improvements and needed to be added to the idea column (and presumable go through the vetting process with other players.)

Why was this moved to the Developer discussion thread and what is the difference? Do the developers pay more attention to items here when a new feature or product is released? Or is this theoretically a better place for players to find the topic and participate, thus helping the developers to see the value of the ideas being proposed?

Is this thread one that the developers take ideas and move to actually improve the product? I'm just trying to understand the process.

Thanks,
Rumble

DeletedUser43011

How many players really play via their phone other than setting attack alarm? I'm just wondering how important continued development of the phone app is for Innogames business model.

I myself use the app continuously especially the 9-10 hours a day im at work, otherwise I would have been rimmed twice over.

DeletedUser

I have updated my original post with additional thoughts and ideas on how to make the app version more usable. I also moved a couple of items that have been included. A small amount of progress has been made; but many of the significant items that I hear about regularly via our alliance forums has still gone unaddressed.

Is there a place to look where items are being addressed the by the developers of the app; since they never comment here; or at least not in the past 6 months since I started this thread.

DeletedUser

How hard would it be to get Reservations capability added to the app? This is currently my number 1 problem with the app; because it causes so many problems within the alliance now that more players are using their phone apps a higher percent of the time.

Many of the other items above would also help to incorporate app users better into the alliance. This I feel is crucial for the overall game.

I have had at several different times comments in my leaders forum that we need to exclude app users because they cause problems and aren't easily included in all of the alliance events and happenings. They become isolated players that add little value to the alliance and are a headache to manage.