New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

They will not allow us to change it back. It is collective punishment because we have not given them as much of our money as they feel entitled to. This is obvious from the placement and size of the BUY GOLD button. I use premium and have put around a hundred USD into this game. That is more than I would have spent on a good console or PC game I would play many times through over the years. This level of contempt and arrogance is a deal breaker for me. I will not support a game that felt it necessary to detract from the game in order to punish people who thought the game was "free to play" as advertised.

DeletedUser

Not cool... i just got a new widescreen monitor, now it is useless. why can't we choose if we want the toolbar on the sides? it was so much better that way with how the city view is. it is impossible to browse around the map now. AND THAT GIANT GOLD ICON??? SERIOUSLY? Why don't you just put a gun to my head and make me give you money... cuz that is all you're interested in any more, and trying to make the graphics look cool, WHICH THEY DON'T, ITS STILL GONNA BE CORNY NO MATTER HOW SLEEK YOU MAKE IT LOOK, i remember the good ole days of when buyin gold was an option in this game,, now it is a necessity if you want to have a chance to compete with the massive losers buying tons of gold. This game is not even that fun anymore, it has turned into a boredom time filler instead of a game, screw you grepolis designers and techs, i am going to find a new game

DeletedUser

They will not allow us to change it back. It is collective punishment because we have not given them as much of our money as they feel entitled to. This is obvious from the placement and size of the BUY GOLD button. I use premium and have put around a hundred USD into this game. That is more than I would have spent on a good console or PC game I would play many times through over the years. This level of contempt and arrogance is a deal breaker for me. I will not support a game that felt it necessary to detract from the game in order to punish people who thought the game was "free to play" as advertised.

and also what he said ^^^

DeletedUser

I've lurked in the forums but have never 'joined' because I've never felt the need to voice an opinion...the changes made today however, have changed that.

May I just say that I do NOT like the new layout. The bar across the bottom is in the way and I'd much rather have my side bar back. Is there a way we can have a choice to switch back over? Not a happy Grepo player right now.

DeletedUser

One problem now on iPad is that a window opened (which I can't move) like barracks now covers over the top bar, so I can't hit arrows to move through my cities with barracks open. Now I will have to close the barracks window, click the right arrow to change cities, then reopen the barracks window (which blocks any top bar commands).

It is horrible. No improvement and many problems now caused for iPad users.

DeletedUser

If you want to keep the sleek new layout then it should be on the top or one of the side... heck just give us a check box if we want old style, or new style with choices on placement... a lot more people would be happy.

DeletedUser19042

No need to exagerate guys. If you don't like it, fine. But don't exagerate by saying it's horrible. Genocide is horrible, a new lay-out isn't.

DeletedUser

It looks really cool! but no it is horrible. It cuts off the view. Its harder to move around the map. If there is any way to keep this Grepolis must change the positioning of holiday baskets in corner where it was before instead of the middle of the page. I think that we should redo it. put it back on the left but we can still add some of the cool golden look and symbols.

EDIT: you also can't see any of the menu when a window is open.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess I am one of the few that likes the new look. I do not find it a hindrance at all. However I DO NOT like the new order for buildings, I thought the old way was better. Yes this way you can get a god or trade earlier in the game but still liked the old way better.

DeletedUser

yes I just realized that. :( that needs to change. I don't think that you need a wall to build a temple. but I really don't think that a temple is needed to build a wall. Both the market and the Temple are large influential buildings that are more important than a fence or a hole in a rock.

DeletedUser

The menu bar needs changing - the icons are shown but the writing is only shown when hovering over them which means it takes longer to find what I need to click on.
Also it is far too big and obtrusive - needs putting back to how it was ( or give us the option? )

DeletedUser

I am going to attempt to give more detailed feedback besides "I don't like it" or "Change it back".

I think the new menu bar at the bottom is Good overall, but needs a few tweaks. First I think the size should be scaled back, maybe 15-20%. Also clean up some of that unused space around the icons. I also think there should be a way to hide or minimize it. Click on the top bar and it minimizes showing only a the top. Then click again and it pops back up.

The main reason for this is screen real estate. Based on recent reports from StatCounter, 2 of the 3 most popular screen resolutions are widescreen. Meaning we have more potential for added space on the left/right of our screen vs. the top and bottom. Add in to that the tab bar, address bar and if anyone has an additional toolbar, we are very limited in vertical spacing. Part of this increase is the growing popularity of laptops. To stick with a modern approach you should look to maximize our available vertical pixels.

DeletedUser11886

Also, what was the 'extra' new update? I'm sure a lot of us want to know. (sorry if this already has been asked, its just that I can't find it.)

DeletedUser

Also, what was the 'extra' new update? I'm sure a lot of us want to know. (sorry if this already has been asked, its just that I can't find it.)

I believe that is the reservation system.

I actually really like the new update, especially the notification of new messages/forum posts. Can't wait to see the reservation system. When will it be activated?

DeletedUser

If people want it changed back, what more detail do want them to provide? It's just opinion. Inno should listen and just change it back, I appreciate that they are trying to make it better, but this hasn't worked.

DeletedUser10930

The menu placement at the bottom is far to large and takes up too much of the screen. It should at least have an option to minimise it....

Truly horrible piece of design!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11886

I would like to suggest replacing the gold button with a 'home' button which goes to your selected city's homepage... who else agrees? I believe that it will allow us easy access to the most important area of the game. (aside from alliance and combat.)