New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

The mythical unit is kinda useless and them menu is what i don't like most. Why is the menu on the bottom I mean if it was on the side where it used to be it would be better but now you open a window up and then you can't see the menu! To me it makes no sense so like i said put the menu back where it was it was much much more easier, now you're just over complicating the game. It's hard enough for new players but now you have made it much more harder.

DeletedUser20688

Don't like the layout, can't see whats what without highlighting it

Don't like the new unit, it's awful

Please fix this game

DeletedUser11886

Actually, the mythical unit is very cheap, and packs a large punch although it requires 3 spaces. For a new city, I would suggest using these because they are cheaper than horsemen although horsemen will be more useful in the future.

DeletedUser11886

By the way, most of you have never experienced the first few updates that they did to Grepolis back throughout the years. We complained and made petitions, but they won't listen to you, they have no cause. Just wait and see, you will get used to it... and it usually turns out to be better after they weed out bugs.

DeletedUser

Not a fan of the layout add-on. It takes up far to much screen real estate. And the big "BUY GOLD" icon dead center, eh. It looks like there is more focus on us buying something than making it more user friendly.

DeletedUser35934

The new bar at the bottom is just too big for the same reason as others have highlighted. Using widescreen the 'spare' space is at the left and right not the bottom.

Also I dislike the BIG GOLD button in the middle. Yes, they want our money. Yes, some of us already pay. Putting it large and bold in the middle and so blatantly in our faces only makes me want to spend less. Make the game better and we might pay. For instance a quick way to farm dozens of cities! We won't pay more by being nagged and having a big sign shoved in our faces.

DeletedUser

Myth unit is great for people that colonize (not me) to be up and running more quickly because it takes zero resources and can be made with low level barracks.

DeletedUser

Whose brainchild was this? Too much rum in the eggnog? This is atrocious. Forget that timing was already a nightmare with the anti-timer. Trying to time ANYTHING now with the stupid captcha and now this is totally impossible.

And who even began TO THINK that this layout was better? It totally sucks. Or maybe the game designers who THINK are in VM for the holidays. This is horrible, horrible, horrible. I HATE it. And did I forget to mention that it is HORRIBLE?

DeletedUser35069

I like to play games on my phone at work. It passes the time until I go home. I prefer to play full versions of games though and upto now that hasn't been an issue with this game. Not to mention the premium features I pay for don't appear to work on the available app anyway. Now 1/4 of the screen is taken up by a bar that I haven't a clue what anything does as I can't use hover. Thanks grepolis team keep up the great work.

DeletedUser

i agree the bar needs improving as it blocks the view to the map.

paganopolis

Phrourach
Horrible size and placement of the new toolbar. I prefer a unobstructed view of the islands. PLEASE move this toolbar to the side or add a hide button to it

DeletedUser

I hate this new toolbar.

I want my menu to be on the side
I can't see new messages/forum posts
My windows cover up the toolbar
I've put over $100 into this game, a big shiny premium button in the middle of my screen is not going to entice any more out of me.

DeletedUser

So called improvements!

Mmm, well the consensus of opinion from our World is Pants!

Can see even less of the Map than before. The new unit is not worth the FS:

Attack
Horse is 55/3 = 18.3 blunt/fs
Envoy is 35/3 = 11.6 blunt/fs (+20% for high priestess = 13.9 blunt/fs)

Defence
Envoy = (20 blunt + 20 sharp + 20 ranged) / 3fs = 20 total def/fs (+20% priestess = 24/fs)
1 sw + 1 hop + 1 arch = (38 blunt + 45 sharp + 49 ranged) / 3fs = 44 total def/fs

All this was done with one thing in mind, to put 3 gold coins in the center of your screen. Go back to the old layout and if you must display the coins do it on the side somewhere.

DeletedUser

How 'bout a option button to put that obnoxious selection bar back where it was? It takes up too much space and I'm offended by that "loud" buy gold tab.

DeletedUser30111

Pretty much agree with what's been said about the bar, but we'll just have to get used to it.

Besides that, sometimes when I x out of windows it brings my screen to the bottom of the page (hard to explain...) anyways, I just got on and this is already bothersome. It may be my computer, but it just started with the update today.

Also, I don't know if I missed it, but weren't we going to get more details on the reservation system? I don't even know what it's going to do.

DeletedUser

I too think it takes up too much space, there is not a single side that does not have some stuff tacked onto it.
Top = resources, favour toolbar etc
Left = minimap and council people
Right = troops
Bottom = obstruction to my view of what I am doing

Bad move folks.

DeletedUser35934

So if you switch god in a city will Envoys die like other myths?

DeletedUser20908

I'm sorry but i don't like the new layout one bit, it's too big don't like icons the old layout was perfect the way it was so please change it back as soon as possible and please listen this time to the responces which i've read is overall negative about the new layout

DeletedUser

What was wrong with the old one? The new one is horrible. Also you cant see if people are posting in the forums therefore you need to keep going on and off to check.