New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

This update is great but the only problem is that below the date tab there is this empty space realy it disturbs if there could be placed something there like a calender instead of the time and the calender on one tab or a home button would also be great but being that area is empty it looks not that great..How many people think the same

DeletedUser32693

I like the new little markers saying how many messages I have instead of just 'you have mail'.

Don't like the layout of the toolbar though at the bottom of the screen, it makes the map smaller, I prefer it on the left.

Changing the order of the market temple wall and cave is a big plus though. I always want my market and temple set up as fast as possible so I can start worshipping and trading resources :)

Can't wait to see how the new reservation tool will work, it will make my life so much easier.

Furret
Proud forum moderator for the Legion Of Chaos :)

DeletedUser

I hate the new update, Its by far the worst and most unessesery update i have seen whilst playing grepolis, Just one question, What was wrong with the old style ?, I buy gold and dont really want to sit stareing at gold coins throughout my daily logins, plus its no good for activity in my alliance i am already noticing less activity and dont find the amount of space it takes up helpfull, one comment here mentioned a button to return to the old version, i would love to have the old version back.

i have quit 2 worlds because of this update and am debating on whether to quit grepolis, its just a big advertisemnt thats causing mass confusion and there is absoloutly no way anyone asked for this, Does anyone who decides these things actually play grepolis.

Anyway moan over, Still have nothing good to say about it, I think more usefull updates are needed ie mass mailing, which takes ages to make a recipitent list,

Overall i hate the desighn its ruined a good game :(

DeletedUser27700

Sheesh people. It didn't ruin anything. You are still playing the same game you were before.

I don't like the size of it either, or the placement as I am on a 10 inch screen, but saying that it ruined Grepolis is an exaggeration.

I would like it if it was placed on the left side again, same icons, same size even, but on the bottom it is a hindrance.

PS: The new Myth unit seems almost useless to me.

DeletedUser

Well the msg is loud and clear! the darn command bar is way to big and we don't need that ginormous buy gold button....

DeletedUser

i personally think its terrible, the tool bar is now covered by open windows. on a 15.4" screen at 1200 res you need to scroll down to even see it.

theres no city overview button, and the size of the premium button (which i already have) is as bad as a pop up advert.

why not give us an option to use the "classic" interface?

DeletedUser

I cant find the help button anymore. Rather important for me as a starter in the game. Or am I missing something?

DeletedUser

Grepolis.jpg

This location is not good, i prefered it on the side, i can't work with it like this. Can you make it so we can customise the interface maybe so we can put them where we want rather than just dumping this ill thought update on us. Thank you.

DeletedUser28229

New Menu Bar

If the new menu bar is going to stay at the bottomyou need to redsign the city view and the message window so that you can see them all at the same time.

So now every time you open the city view you have to move the window to see if anyone has sent you a message or posted in your alliance forum.

What hits the nail on the head. Designers that don't play the game.

Anyone who played the game for 2 minutes would have spotted that flaw.

....on reflection, apart from the obvious flaw mentioned. It too big and takes up way too much of the screen and it's butt ugly as well.

Get rid of it and replace it with something the size of the troop window.

I totally agree with this. Playing the game is now more difficult as you have less space to view your ocean and surrounding islands. I like the whole menu much better, when you get a message or a report you could see it right away. They are not viewable with this new menu. This game now looks cheap, where is the Mickey Mouse?

DeletedUser

All feedback and comments for the new main menu layout in here, please.

Thanks

Richard

I AM impressed by the latest update , seems to make the whole thing run a lot slicker , well done to whomever was responsible , individual or group (applause)

tomfer

DeletedUser

i dont like it at all the thought of dev fixing thing is the same kind of thinking that our u.s. government uses, hey we will fix it and it will be fine . then just do it ,you deal with it . the layout sucks on a laptop and the premium gold button sticks out as bad as a giant wart . if i could give rep for this update its NEG

i had the wall all ready started now i have to go thru the hoops and back track it will be EASIER for new players to get farmed and quit after the BP ends what a way to ruin the game congrats dev's you belong in Washington dc yoyu wanted opinions you have mine

whats next popups during the game

DeletedUser27700

Btw, what happened to adding Music to the game? Is that coming later?

DeletedUser32152

take it away,it is filling the screen and dragging my eyes to it.It was far better and easier to use before,don't like it,don't like it and did i mention i don't like it

DeletedUser

I personally think the new toolbar is good but it should firstly have its size decreased and when your curser is not on the toolbar, it should become alomst transparant. Also the buy premuim button in the middle should go.

However love the new symblos as they do look sleek and good, and i think you should apply this design to the rest of the menues, but keep the sizes small

regards,
Pokemon

DeletedUser

got to agree with the majority of people here, and say the new thing is an eye sore. i think it was better the way it was. i suggest we should have a vote on whether we should move it back to the left or get a choice to hide it as it takes up to much space . but i got to say changing the temple/wall and cave/market around was brilliant as it is gonna aid people to grow quicker when they start in a new world

also i read someone has the problem of when they go to close the city overview or whatever, the page goes to the bottom. i have the same problem which is annoying. i suggest we should have a vote on whether we should move it back to the left or get a choice to hide it as it takes up to much space

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34865

I'm not a huge fan of the placement for the new bar because its in the middle of the screen. If you are going to make one thing look newer in the middle of the screen you have to change everything, it currently just looks out of place. The new soldier godsent or what ever is terrible. Its worse on attack than a horse and far worse defense(population 3-1). Can it really not loot? Wow! I say update the whole thing to look newer and make godsent worth it! I do like other thinks, so some improvements and some things need to change. :pro:

DeletedUser

Ok seriously its so bad its unreal the more i play the more fustrating it becomes do something or im gone, I would rather spend £90-£100 a month on something i like using