New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

The design of the site with the goop that have put us in the middle is very bad, terrible. It's awful.

DeletedUser35963

The new layout, just one way describe: DISSAPOINTING
Actually i could find another 100 words to describe it, such as: in the way of things, egoistic money begging option etc....
Let the players decide wut they want instead of inpossing such punishment! After all those years, and here u go! Grepolis stabs u in the bk! Thx for ty Xmas present grepolis :p
Well done!

DeletedUser35963

And yeah im usually dont use forums at all but thats thingy at bottom of my screen even make sign in! ahhhh can stand it!!! not going to spend a single penny on premium until that thingy is not fixed! Aint gona spent my money on smth dont like it!!!!

DeletedUser8790

If the new menu bar is going to stay at the bottomyou need to redsign the city view and the message window so that you can see them all at the same time.

So now every time you open the city view you have to move the window to see if anyone has sent you a message or posted in your alliance forum.

What hits the nail on the head. Designers that don't play the game.

Anyone who played the game for 2 minutes would have spotted that flaw.

....on reflection, apart from the obvious flaw mentioned. It too big and takes up way too much of the screen and it's butt ugly as well.

Get rid of it and replace it with something the size of the troop window.

you hit the nail on the head here, Can we opt for the old view? everything thane said is true

DeletedUser

You can always trust Game developers to ruin a good thing. To "FIX" what was never broken or what players ever complained about. Specially when they themselves do NOT play the game on any kind on regular bases and are clueless as to how things actually work out for those who play for more than 10 minutes. Oh yes, their constant excuse/saying is: "Players asked for this and we provided" which is an OUT RIGHT LIE. Another sales pitch to try and sell their own stupid ideas on how things should work.

Thank You very much for stealing the bottom of our gaming screen, a much needed area for contests, with your so called Modernization of a poor interface. Plus making sure that the "Premium" Icon is the largest and takes up the most space. Well as you screw us, I say screw you..

For those who say: "If you don't like it leave" don;t worry I am. I am done with this BS that devs come up with. And for those devs who figure using Captcha is the only way to stop farm bots, here's a word to you. Anyone with 20 or more cities will use a farm bot to get them resources every 5 minutes. They will sit at their screen waiting for the captcha to keep that bot going while they are in game, or didn't you think of that? When they log off all they do is set their farming for extended hours through Premium Farming Village Screen.

I second his opinion on this. It takes up way to much space on the bottom of my screen, There was no issue with the past UI and this was an unneeded update that could have been ignored and let the Devs actually fix something that needed to be fixed or modded. And the fact that they made that premium Button so large is honestly pathetic.

DeletedUser

I agree, this thing is just way to big and takes up way to much space on the screen.

DeletedUser

I would have liked to see them put The Attack Icon in a place like that, rather than the Premium Buy Gold Button. Something worth while, trade those please. and have the Number of attacks inbound showing as normal and flashing/non flashing ability to please.

DeletedUser32341

The new unit is of interest, but apart from an emergency i do not think i will be building any. Its not a good unit, apart from its speed (Per 1 pop = 12 blunt attk, 7 blunt def, 7 sharp def, 7 dist def, 16 speed) but it costs nothing, apart from favour. This at least is a postive modification which adds something to the game.

I still wish the city overview button was available on the new menu, sigh.

DeletedUser

The new "menu" bar across the bottom of the screen adds nothing to the game at all. The old position was perfectly ok. The new bar gets in the way of viewing the bottom of the screen. In other words, takes up too much room.

DeletedUser

Ok new layout looks more easy on the eyes, BUT its caused more bugs and other small niggly issues, youve trained us for years to go to city overview via the left of the screen, be honest how many people took a few minutes to figure out how the heck you access a city overview if you didnt have your premium admin running, ? lol

BUT what i dont see in all this new update is this .........
We also have one extra special surprise new feature, which we will announce just before the update. Please keep an eye on the forums for the announcement.

So what exactly happend to this extra surprise feature? or am I missing something,

Ps, the new unit is as worthwhile as a trireme, id rather spend 3 pop building 1 sword/archer/hop, the only thing it might be worthwhile for is stopping a weak CS attack if your citys out of troops, but then that depends on weather you need pre built troops to convert into these divine envoy troops.

When are you going to add the one new element we all want, a LAND crossing CS to add a new element to the game so that turtle alliances cant just stack 30k of biremes into a city,

the trojan horse April fool last year, had everybody saying they should make that a reality.

And finaly, I agree completely with the shameful way in which the premium gold icon is the largest and most in your face part of the menu, its making everybody realize just how money oriented that grepos devs are becoming, centre position should be for a major game mechanic, not hawking a premium feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Godsent/ Divine Envoy

Although I don't like the new menu layout (It is difficult to navigate, and I can't find the city overview button. Some players also report that is causing their browser to crash. The old layout was like XP, and the new one is like Vista.), this post is about the Godsent. The Godsent will drastically decrease players willingness to support other player's conquest attempts or assist with a siege (It also punishes players who have already built a large defensive fighting force). This is because favor is generated much more slowly than other resources. The average unit uses about 75 of each resource per population point on average. At the highest level, resource buildings produce 350 of each resource per hour. The Godsent uses 15 favor per unit, or 5 favor per population value. The temple generates 5 favor per hour at its highest level (and this rate decays further when a player has over 5 cities). This means that the amount of population points you can consume with normal unit production per hour is 350/75=4.666, while the average amount of population points you can consume with Godsent production per hour is 5/5=1. Because the godsent is better in every way than other units except for cost, players will build up Godsents. However, because they can only produce Godsents at less than 1/4.666=21.429% (rounding up) the rate that they can produce other units, they will horde them, and only use them for defending their own cities. This eats at the fabric of what is unique about Grepolis that draws in players, the alliance. With the alliance system weakened by less alliance members supporting each other (even now, most of the supporting is done by 20% of the alliance), Grepolis will be a lot less fun.

DeletedUser3393

Why in the god's world do you need the Premium Button to be so god Damn big?
When was the last time ANYONE clicked on it?

Whether we have gold or not, NO-ONE Ever clicks it. Besides that, this format is destructive to view on a cellphone. And screens with Low Resolutions.

I agree, there was nothing to be fixed here. I have queued 5 walls by mistake instead of temple.... Why was it needed?

I like Divine Envoy and I like reservation tool.. the UI changes are just unbelievably insensitive.

Richard

Strategos
The reservation tool will be added most likely Friday. We are planning a global launch of it (across all local versions also).

Thanks for your feedback so far, I am reading it, and passing it on.

Richard

DeletedUser27700

Although I don't like the new menu layout (It is difficult to navigate, and I can't find the city overview button. Some players also report that is causing their browser to crash. The old layout was like XP, and the new one is like Vista.), this post is about the Godsent. The Godsent will drastically decrease players willingness to support other player's conquest attempts or assist with a siege (It also punishes players who have already built a large defensive fighting force). This is because favor is generated much more slowly than other resources. The average unit uses about 75 of each resource per population point on average. At the highest level, resource buildings produce 350 of each resource per hour. The Godsent uses 15 favor per unit, or 5 favor per population value. The temple generates 5 favor per hour at its highest level (and this rate decays further when a player has over 5 cities). This means that the amount of population points you can consume with normal unit production per hour is 350/75=4.666, while the average amount of population points you can consume with Godsent production per hour is 5/5=1. Because the godsent is better in every way than other units except for cost, players will build up Godsents. However, because they can only produce Godsents at less than 1/4.666=21.429% (rounding up) the rate that they can produce other units, they will horde them, and only use them for defending their own cities. This eats at the fabric of what is unique about Grepolis that draws in players, the alliance. With the alliance system weakened by less alliance members supporting each other (even now, most of the supporting is done by 20% of the alliance), Grepolis will be a lot less fun.

You don't seem to realize that the Divine envoy is actually worse than regular units at defending. You have done all this math, and forgot to add into your equations that it costs 3 pop per unit. So it is nowhere near as good as regular def units.

DeletedUser

this new layout looks cool but is bad it dosent even say when you get a message or report like the old one and the BUY GOLD button is to big this tells you that they just wanna make money.

DeletedUser35971

Pain

this is not good for me,
I can no longer do anything other than swap between my cities and order construction

when I log on it always keeps the loading bar on and doesn't show me the map so I can no-longer send units out of my cities.

I can't open my message tab so cannot open messages and cannot open the alliance forum to alert the rest of my alliance of my situation

I can't open my settings tab so cannot even put my account into VM

MY overall opinion is to switch it back to the previous version

DeletedUser

My pros and cons:

Pros:
Modern, looks cool, has numbers instead of just a message or forum symbol (for new ones)

Cons:
Blocks map at bottom, some say crashes, to much to load sometimes, giant gold symbol (that should be smaller), no in menu city overview button only at top, have to mouse over to see names

My solution: Have a "classic view/old browser view" and then have a "New view/moderns view". Each view would change from the old way to new way and some veteran or old players would love this, or at least I would. But with the old one have numbers for new message and forum like the new one has.

Also if grepo/inno wants to redo something, redo everything not a little at time. I suspect we will have more changes in future

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this new layout looks cool but is bad it dosent even say when you get a message or report like the old one and the BUY GOLD button is to big this tells you that they just wanna make money.

agree with money thing, but mine has the numbers that tell you when you got something new. Maybe its a glitch for some wed browsers.

DeletedUser

I also am experiancing loading issues hense why i just deleted two out of the 3 worlds i was playing, I never used to have loading issues but playing 3 worlds with this new set up is impossible its just about barable with one world maybe grepolis should think about getting a bigger server to cope with this new data they just added

DeletedUser

I think the new bottom menu bar looks good, I like the Number next to each selection menu stating how much of each notifications there are.. I just don't like the placement. When I'm on my smart phone lanscape viewing the web version website, the new bottom menu bar takes more more of my visual area of my screen opposed to the left aligned menu bar. I would rather a vertical left aligned version of this new menu bar instead.

And is it just me or is the interface of the website slow? buggy? I have to go to settings, click save to re initialise the website to be able to for example click into a forum topic.