New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser35934

Seems since the update the whole game server has slowed down and the game then needs regularly refreshing or sometimes buttons don't work. A disaster of an update if this a widespread issue.

DeletedUser25314

Again you've tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Not good on the iPad, as has already been posted, if you open "city view" window it covers the available resources! Similar other issues.

Lets have the option to place the menu bar where we want it, ......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22509

I don't like the menu being at the bottom of the page. It would have made more sense to have it on the left hand side of the screen vertically and the buttons laid out differently as the BUY GOLD button is too big and central as most players would not click on it for weeks at a time. The city over view button should be put there instead. I can't even see the menu without having move the city overview every time. This make the game feel clunky and not sleek

I like the new reservation system and it seems like it has allot of potential. A few improvements could be made to it like being able to organize reservations by ocean or being able to scroll down through the list of reserved cites like the way the rankings list is done instead of having to click to go onto the next page of reservations.

The changes to the senate may be worth it if it encourages new players to stay if they can build a city faster at the start. It could mean more players to farm :D

Overall the update has been a poor one with allot of thought put into how to get more money off players and little thought put into how to improve the game for players.

The people who designed Apple Maps would have done a better job :D

paganopolis

Phrourach
Another fault i have found is when clicking on the X to close a window it jumps.............. and then i have to click it again, why should any window "JUMP" ever? i noticed this when collecting my resources using the captain, oh and while i am on the subject of the captain....... why is it if we use gold for this function do we have to click on EVERY city to gather in the resources.... I want the option to gather the resources from ALL my cities for (Example 4 hours) in 1 click and if i have more than 1 city on an island then the database should randomly choose 1 to take resources from the farms for. what's the point in premium if i have to click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click. just to gather resources?.... please make it more user friendly.. thank you.

I have had many of the same issues. Trying to get the windows to function without a very prolonged lag when clicked is very frustrating since the update. Trying to play 3 worlds has become irratating now and not enjoyable

DeletedUser

my feelings on the new design is this....when is it going to be fixed? I try to send e mails to members of my alliance and nothing happens. I try to reply on the forums and nothing happens. I try to click out of a screen to get to the screen below it and nothing happens, click again nothing happens, click four or five times and it just might or I might get frustrated and leave entirely. I like the new units I just wish the system would respond and allow me to build more.

DeletedUser22269

Game is not loading...working..on Windows XP...

You guys need to undo the update and figure out a way to make it work for Win XP..

Cause we can't get on and play..at all..

DeletedUser

Seems since the update the whole game server has slowed down and the game then needs regularly refreshing or sometimes buttons don't work. A disaster of an update if this a widespread issue.

Not that you were asking a question, but its not just you. everyone i play with is experiencing this latency issue. Its like their servers cant handle the update that they released. Ive never had issues loading anything. between my computer and my internet which i built myself (computer) and internet which i play alot for (150 up, 75 down) i dont lag so i know its not me. And its only this game

DeletedUser22269

oh ok..so the whole system is down..man that sucks...That be worse..

Means no one can play not just me..Ah ! :pro:

Richard

Strategos
The lag was not related to the update, we had some server maintenance. The lag should stop, or at least begin to get better now.

Richard

DeletedUser35934

I don't like the menu being at the bottom of the page. It would have made more sense to have it on the left hand side of the screen vertically and the buttons laid out differently as the BUY GOLD button is too big and central as most players would not click on it for weeks at a time. The city over view button should be put there instead. I can't even see the menu without having move the city overview every time. This make the game feel clunky and not sleek

Exactly. The GOLD button is too big, too central and when you buy gold in decent quantities you certainly do not need to use it that often. Waste of space and blatantly in your face.

DeletedUser

I don't really like it, Richard. I can't see the bar when I have the city layout open. However, I really do like the new version of alliance forum updates.

DeletedUser22269

IT works! The Game works! Yeah!

Now make the new Interface 60% smaller so it don't take up the whole bottom of the screen..AH! :pro:

DeletedUser8790

Is mine glitched or is the security captcha gone for sending MM? That is a great upgrade, not sure how it weighs out.

DeletedUser

Not a bad menu interface. It would have been better if the placement was on the very top, where there's a gap that looks like bare bricks, or on either side.

If it were to remain on the bottom, maybe have it minimized to single icon, and when you hover the mouse over it, the whole interface expands?

Thanks for all the improvement.

DeletedUser

This menu is now located underneath all my open pages. It is so clumsy it is unbelievable. Perhaps you guys all have very big screens on the machines you tested this on so it appeared to be visible while playing the game. For me it is hidden under whichever page I am on and because of this it is very annoying and impractical
Please please please move the menu back to the left side, that is after all the correct place for a menu on a web page. The new icons are very nice, its just a pity they can't be seen while playing the game and because of this can't be used as they were intended. I hope your intention when creating the menu was not to have it covered by the active page every time and that this will be fixed .

I think if you gave an option to drag the menu to any edge you would find a lot of people would pull it to the left. The left of the page is the natural habitat of the webpage menu.

So, please give the option to drag to left or right, or the option to use the old menu format. Anything but what we have today, its awful.

DeletedUser

Not a bad menu interface. It would have been better if the placement was on the very top, where there's a gap that looks like bare bricks, or on either side.

If it were to remain on the bottom, maybe have it minimized to single icon, and when you hover the mouse over it, the whole interface expands?

Thanks for all the improvement.

Like this perhaps

Cap003-3.jpg

DeletedUser

After reading several pagesi got to thinking people didnt like the new layout :) and had to log in for a look.It is not that bad except the bar at the bottom sure makes scrolling round the ocean a bit of a painit would be good to be able to make it go away when i wanted it to

DeletedUser32341

After playing with the new interface for a day - while the new menu takes up a lot of vertical screen space making it harder to play, I can almost live with it. But the one thing which really makes this massively annoying is the lack of a city overview button on the new menu. IT forces me to go to the city and double click on it, instead of a single click on the city overview. While my 180+ city nation is gone with the closure of sigma, I don't think I would of been able to handle running that nation with this new interface. My index finger already suffer's from RSI. So please, put the city overview button back on the new menu as #1 priority and reduce the size of the new menu, or place on the left, or any other idea to increase the amount of vertical screen space available to view the cities as #2 priority.