New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser27700

After playing with the new interface for a day - while the new menu takes up a lot of vertical screen space making it harder to play, I can almost live with it. But the one thing which really makes this massively annoying is the lack of a city overview button on the new menu. IT forces me to go to the city and double click on it, instead of a single click on the city overview. While my 180+ city nation is gone with the closure of sigma, I don't think I would of been able to handle running that nation with this new interface. My index finger already suffer's from RSI. So please, put the city overview button back on the new menu as #1 priority and reduce the size of the new menu, or place on the left, or any other idea to increase the amount of vertical screen space available to view the cities as #2 priority.

I have posted here a few time now where to find the button for the city overview. Maybe this will help:

grepolis37reepedzombie.png

DeletedUser31552

STOP SHOVING HUGE PICTURES OF GOLD COINS IN MY FACE INNO!

2.0 was bad in the first place, a further step has just been made in the wrong direction.

BRING BACK 1.26!

DeletedUser32341

I have posted here a few time now where to find the button for the city overview. Maybe this will help:

danke - This makes the game playable when you have a lot of cities. Now if they could increase the vertical screen space I will be very happy. (I like a previous comment about viewing the game through a panzer slot, very true.

Achtung Panzers. If there is no change we all need to learn the art of tank maintenance as this anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't play it anymore. I played it on my ps3 but now everytime I try to play it either freezes up my system or comes up with a javascript error and wont load. So glad I didn't spend any money on it. And to think I almost did.

same with my ps3 since update. except i did spend money i just bought enogh gold to keep premium going to middle of Feb. and now i can't play. :( guess no money from me.

DeletedUser36088

bad, very bad...new interface takes up too much real estate on my screen. windows jump around, don't much care for playing chase the button. Very clunky --- Like the unit always welcome new options. Interface is so bad it takes some of the enjoyment out of the game

DeletedUser35934

So when we will get a fix to the issue that the alliance forums and message boards stop working and freeze with no response from clicking on items? I'm having to refresh the website every few mintues. This is not acceptable especially as I am a gold paying customer!

DeletedUser22650

i hate to moan about every update but i cant see another choice, why wouldnt inno put the option to switch? i allways used the "city overview" link to get into the city screen and now its gone and i have to use the magnifying glass at the top...small worries you're likely thinking but thats a habit and it annoys every time i go for the city screen, bare in mind that given a choice i woiuld be using the far superior 1.26 interface with the city screen as the main page and the individual troop movements on the right, every addition or tweak since has been style over substance and detrimental to eas of interface use

DeletedUser

I do not like this at all. If you want me to buy it then put city overview in the middle not the gold icon. Put gold icon above the W for wiki.

But the best thing i can think of would be letting us decide what we want in the setting between the layouts.

DeletedUser

Your move Grepolis. When are we gonna hear your response to soooooo many players unhappy with the new update and what you plan to do about it. I left the game today (vacation mode) because I can't log in since the new update. Hopefully I get to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your move Inno

The game is not working correctly since the update, I think on that most of us agree. As a paying customer I presume some kind of refund is in order as I'd imagine the same laws apply here as with every other purchase we make online or otherwise, namely if you buy something and it doesn't work your money is refunded and or the fault is fixed?

I'm intrigued, apparently all these changes are a result of player input. Where are the players that have requested these changes because from what I've seen its a pretty unanimous thumbs down from almost everyone!
As for the new unit, what a complete and utter waste of space, I could of come up with something better than that with 5 minutes notice!

My current gold purchase will be used up in a couple of days and I will not be purchasing anymore. You can shove all the gold coins you want in my face with various updates, my decision is made.

I don't know who advises you on business matters but my advice is use someone else. If you bite and continually refuse to listen to the hand that feeds you your business will go under.

DeletedUser

I agree with Midge991, I have already quit 2 out of the 3 worlds i play just because of the new update slowing everything down and making grepolis more difficult to play i spend around 80-100 pounds a month on the game but i also have nearly depleted my current gold supply and i dont intend to buy anymore, Im still debating how long i can cope playing at all, i have to refresh my screen evertime i want to reply to a message or open the alliance forum its rediculous how much slower grepolis is and it is grepolis every other website works just fine and is as fast as ever, Anyway unless there is change before my premium feature run out i will be leaving grepolis

There hasnt been no appology, No change and yet the bad comments keep flowing maybe everyone involved in this big mistake needs the sack i know if that happened in my company you would all be gone and the previous setting would be put back as they were.

DeletedUser

Truthfully, and I'm sure I'm not going to get much love for this, but with any update there are going to be bugs and it'll be glitchy at first. I for one, would rather see progress and see Inno trying than to see them let Grepolis idly get stale. Yes, there are things I would have done different if they'd asked my opinion, but they did not, nor do I expect them to.

No one likes change, but I think it's important to see the upside. The buttons are way cool (though I would have liked to see them run down the left side of the screen), the reservation tool is a long awaited, much needed feature that will make claims in alliances so much quicker and easier, and in the long run, this update is a stepping stone to more features.

I guess that's just my opinion, and it helps to be optimistic about things. :)

DeletedUser

Very cool. Thanks a lot. Where am I supposed to play the game when every part of my screen is covered in those "cool layout things"? I don't get it. There's soo much space under the left menu and you screw the page so much.
See the attachment.

grepolis_print.jpg

DeletedUser

Very cool. Thanks a lot. Where am I supposed to play the game when every part of my screen is covered in those "cool layout things"? I don't get it. There's soo much space under the left menu and you screw the page so much.
See the attachment.

View attachment 6879

Zoom out of the screen a bit it will look a bit better, Not much granted but you are zoomed into it which will waste muched needed viewing space

DeletedUser

Does anyone else's thinga majigger disappear every once in awhile?