New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser22650

i cant opened en35.. please!!View attachment 6876
clear your cache to get back in....ice done it more today than in the last 6 months but it works temporarily

Truthfully, and I'm sure I'm not going to get much love for this, but with any update there are going to be bugs and it'll be glitchy at first. I for one, would rather see progress and see Inno trying than to see them let Grepolis idly get stale. Yes, there are things I would have done different if they'd asked my opinion, but they did not, nor do I expect them to.

No one likes change, but I think it's important to see the upside. The buttons are way cool (though I would have liked to see them run down the left side of the screen), the reservation tool is a long awaited, much needed feature that will make claims in alliances so much quicker and easier, and in the long run, this update is a stepping stone to more features.

I guess that's just my opinion, and it helps to be optimistic about things. :)

they do ask our opinians, thats what this whole thread is about...this whole forum in fact

Richard

Strategos
Good evening chaps,

Just to let you know, I am still here, and still reading all your comments. I won't be addressing or responding to each and every individual comment made. I will chip in where appropriate, but this thread is intended for the players to feedback, so I can pass it to the developers. My team has been asked not to get involved in the discussions too much also. Please dont feel I am ignoring you, I am not.

One thing I will clarify is that the new layout will not be reverted. We are open to change, and we are taking on board suggestions to enable us to make it better for the users, but we will not be outright reversing a change. The new layout is here to stay, albeit, it will likely evolve from constructive and well worded feedback.

Thanks again, your feedback so far has been helpful.
Richard

DeletedUser

ok i got logged out of a world earlier today and tried to log in and it said they were making an upgrade but nothing had changed.

Does anyone else's thinga majigger disappear every once in awhile?

3 times today and on 2 different worlds. it is quite annoying when you are trying to make 5 min demands every 5 mins

DeletedUser

One thing I will clarify is that the new layout will not be reverted. We are open to change, and we are taking on board suggestions to enable us to make it better for the users, but we will not be outright reversing a change. The new layout is here to stay, albeit, it will likely evolve from constructive and well worded feedback.

Hi. I got an idea. What about making it a bit... I don't know, smaller? I think the thing down the screen is a bit too much. I agree it's nice, beautiful and all, but ... well, it's disturbing, as everything you put in the way of playing (like the Santa bag for Christmas, though I can live with that). I know, that for those, who got large screen, it's not bad at all. But I got a netbook, which is too bad for this game already, don't make it any worse, please.

DeletedUser22650

Good evening chaps,

Just to let you know, I am still here, and still reading all your comments. I won't be addressing or responding to each and every individual comment made. I will chip in where appropriate, but this thread is intended for the players to feedback, so I can pass it to the developers. My team has been asked not to get involved in the discussions too much also. Please dont feel I am ignoring you, I am not.

Richard

how about as a few suggested the option to switch in the settings? i buy all the gold im ever going to be able to spare on a game, no matter how many bully tactics are implemented to try and force me to spend more...i can see no other reason for this particular "improvement"

DeletedUser

I like the layout, the thing I still would like to see, I would like to see a approval and dis-approval or the option to be able to do that, and with that to make it as a color change a player puts in the claim it is one color, and once approved it is changed to other color.

DeletedUser36006

Hello
I want to know when this game working again wp7 cellphone please answer this

DeletedUser36146

Well we may be stuck with the new toolbar but it doesnt mean we have to like it!

Somebodies idea of "sleek" and mine seems to be worlds apart - and to be honest it looks like a steel girder and is way too big

Why couldnt it have been put at the left as a drop down similar to cast spells on own city - this would have created more playing screen with a nice new symetrical feel to it and Innogames could still have had the huge buy gold icon as part of the format. In all seriousness I am expecting the next upgrade to utilise a flashing gold icon when the player reaches a certain level of gold.

Interesting to compare the reception for this "monstrocity" to the reservation tool which is a definate mprovement and was "fuelled by player feedback"

Very disappointed tbh

DeletedUser

The new layout is here to stay, albeit, it will likely evolve from constructive and well worded feedback.

My initial reaction to the new interface was similar to most of the posts in this thread - too big, poor placement, and a bit too transparently greedy with regard to the 'gold coins' button.

With that said, I do like the concept the developers were attempting to implement. However, the massive amounts of feedback saying virtually the same thing over and again should prompt our dedicated developers to quickly implement some format changes. There have been numerous suggestions with regard to how it should be fixed. I put forward my suggestion now in hopes that it might be viewed as very easy to be implemented. Simply reduce the size of the interface bar to 50%-60% (as needed for readability) in both it's current vertical and horizontal dimensions and then rotate it 90 degrees to run in a vertical orientation along the left side of the screen. While this doesn't address every concern, and there are other layout tweaks that would be nice, it should be so easily implementable that the change could be done almost immediately.

I hope we get some response from the development team soon that they are hearing the players feedback and intend to make changes quickly. I know it must be somewhat discouraging for them to have put so much hard work and effort into this new interface only to hear so many negative comments. I would like to say 'Thank you' for trying to improve our gaming experience. While invariably it takes time to become accustomed to change, I truly think the interface bar would have been much more positively received and even praised highly if size and placement were different.

DeletedUser20908

Isn't it possible to maybe code a hide function in the toolbar like there is in windows ie: its hidden at the bottom of your screen and it pops up when you move your mouse to it?

DeletedUser

Your comments and points are good i am now getting used to the new interface but thats because i have zoomed right out of my browser page so everything is really small (pic below) i do also wish there was an actual response from the grepolis team saying that something will change, change to its position is needed plus the size is the main thing over position if they reduced the size as you stated by 50% this would be better and a very welcomed sign that we arnt been ignored

Zoom out guys and girls it looks better
111aaa grepo forums.jpg

DeletedUser

oh an yes you can open forums, messages anything you like without the new menu been in the way

DeletedUser32341

Simply reduce the size of the interface bar to 50%-60% (as needed for readability) in both it's current vertical and horizontal dimensions and then rotate it 90 degrees to run in a vertical orientation along the left side of the screen. While this doesn't address every concern, and there are other layout tweaks that would be nice, it should be so easily implementable that the change could be done almost immediately.

This suggestion would address all my concerns, if implemented I feel the change will be, on the whole, a positive change.

DeletedUser

Richard
When you say it is here to stay, do you mean in its current position or its current style? I have no problem with the way you've altered the appearance, big 'gold' button or not - I'm an expert at ignoring things like that - but having it across the bottom of the screen instead of using the huge wasted space at the side is seriously infuriating. Like a lot of other players have said, I have a wide screen laptop and it has really affected my enjoyment of the game. The majority of screens/monitors these days appear to be wide screen, so I can't see this as a problem that is going to go away, but rather one that will begin to affect more and more players. I know things have to change and I appreciate the efforts made by the dev. team, but this is really not an improvement. If they could offer a choice of displaying it at the bottom or the left side of the screen this would make everyone happy (or happier!) I think.

DeletedUser21774

It is uncanny just how often my city position on an island is on the southerly end. Right under the menu bar. LOL. I have to touch the screen to move for so many cities. I think I have a permanent growl. I'm going to have to adjust my gaming strategy to only conquer cities on the north sides for a while.

Also, just above those southerly cities... tends to be the WOW spot. I keep opening the screen that says:
"The leader of your alliance can order the construction of a World Wonder."

I'm trying to get a better sense of humor here. Without having to have alcohol in my hand when I play...

Richard

Strategos
When you say it is here to stay, do you mean in its current position or its current style? I have no problem with the way you've altered the appearance, big 'gold' button or not - I'm an expert at ignoring things like that - but having it across the bottom of the screen instead of using the huge wasted space at the side is seriously infuriating. Like a lot of other players have said, I have a wide screen laptop and it has really affected my enjoyment of the game. The majority of screens/monitors these days appear to be wide screen, so I can't see this as a problem that is going to go away, but rather one that will begin to affect more and more players. I know things have to change and I appreciate the efforts made by the dev. team, but this is really not an improvement. If they could offer a choice of displaying it at the bottom or the left side of the screen this would make everyone happy (or happier!) I think.
At this point in time, I couldn't tell you, sorry.

DeletedUser

Good evening chaps,

Richard

Does that mean you couldn't merge the too either? Not completely revert it, but make it a little more similar? Or is that not going to happen either? There are different suggestions that could be made based on that.