New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser30490

if you think you can come up with a idea to change it please do post it in the idea section with the correct format

DeletedUser

At this point in time, I couldn't tell you, sorry.
Fair enough, thank you for your response. If you have any influence at all over the dev. squad, PLEASE ask them to give us the choice of having it at the side or at the bottom. It would really improve game play.
Thanks again, Richard.

DeletedUser31552

Fair enough, thank you for your response. If you have any influence at all over the dev. squad, PLEASE ask them to give us the choice of having it at the side or at the bottom. It would really improve game play.
Thanks again, Richard.

Or tell them to not implement it at all and go back to how it was.

DeletedUser

Good evening chaps,

Just to let you know, I am still here, and still reading all your comments. I won't be addressing or responding to each and every individual comment made. I will chip in where appropriate, but this thread is intended for the players to feedback, so I can pass it to the developers. My team has been asked not to get involved in the discussions too much also. Please dont feel I am ignoring you, I am not.

One thing I will clarify is that the new layout will not be reverted. We are open to change, and we are taking on board suggestions to enable us to make it better for the users, but we will not be outright reversing a change. The new layout is here to stay, albeit, it will likely evolve from constructive and well worded feedback.

Thanks again, your feedback so far has been helpful.
Richard

Sorry to hear this. Plus the statement in bold is a contradition and if translated cottectly is simply says: No matter how much of a pain the butt something is to players, we really don't give a damn.

Meanwhile, they use folk like yourself to pull off some kind of sales pitch to the players in the hopes that it buys "them" time to see players, as some have said "get use to it" and be foced to accept .

Sad that "they" insist on this. As usual, once a company starts to make real monies profit they will only understand 2 things. A mass exoduce of the player population, (praying that they don't post negative comments on the web) or everyone stops spending real monies on the game. Which we both know, that some people will spend thousands on this game to keep up their reputation and would not revolt against the company by leaving or stop their spending because they have too much invested.

Well, once I have completed what I am doing for my friends in game, I will be leaving never to return. Good luck, have fun and let "them" know that messing with a good thing only breaks it and DOES NOT ENHANCE IT. A bored Developer is a dangerous thing to any game as they always need to find things to screw up in order to justify their jobs...

DeletedUser

Good evening chaps,

Just to let you know, I am still here, and still reading all your comments. I won't be addressing or responding to each and every individual comment made. I will chip in where appropriate, but this thread is intended for the players to feedback, so I can pass it to the developers. My team has been asked not to get involved in the discussions too much also. Please dont feel I am ignoring you, I am not.

One thing I will clarify is that the new layout will not be reverted. We are open to change, and we are taking on board suggestions to enable us to make it better for the users, but we will not be outright reversing a change. The new layout is here to stay, albeit, it will likely evolve from constructive and well worded feedback.

Richard

So, it sounds like the problem is that Inno is unwilling to undergo the embarrassment of admitting that a particular change was a horrifically bad idea. If, as you say, you are open to suggestions, then here's one: How about you evolve the new layout so that it looks almost exactly like the old one? As I have suggested previously, you could still make the word "PREMIUM" twice as big, if you feel the need to rub our faces in it.

If the reason for resistance to reversing the change is not simple unwillingness to admit failure, then perhaps you could enlighten us as to what the reason is. Unwillingness to set a precedent of reacting practically to user feedback would be one. A significantly greater interest in the appearance of being open to feedback than in actually being open to feedback would certainly be another. Any honest answer will do, even to admitting that the reason actually is simple unwillingness to admit failure....

DeletedUser

Basically all they want is money. It's no longer about the players.

(finger)
(swear)
(mooning)
At all of you at Inno.​

DeletedUser

I've been playing this game for a few months now, I'd got used to the fact that the order of building defied history, ( you can't study history if you are playing games all day), the Civ series is much more realistic way of developing a village/town/city, Walls are one of the last things to be built when the town/City becomes a centre of regional commerce, a temple of some size is one of the first things that gets built, as well as an area to sell goods, surround villages wouldn't be farmed in the way they do, taxation was by threat, not by extortion as this "game" suggests.
The whole defence and attack system is wrong, Archers are not only defensive, they were the equivalent of the artillery, so they were just as good in attack as defence, calling a swordsman a defensive unit again is wrong in military terms, the sword was the first true weapon of close combat fighting, used by defenders and attackers right through history.
As far as I can see the wall improvement does little to protect your forces when under attack ! Slingers and hopolites are not much use against against stone 6m high ! especially when being fired on by Archers, yet a large attacking force of slingers can still defeat a city with a level 20 wall.... not very realistic in real terms.

But for a laugh the game passes the odd hour or two.

I get the feeling some people are taking this game far too seriously, it's just pixels on a screen.

Even so it should perform to convention, if progress was included I would envisage the developers programming that a nuclear attack could be defeated with 20,000 swordsmen !!

DeletedUser

Sorry to hear this. Plus the statement in bold is a contradition and if translated cottectly is simply says: No matter how much of a pain the butt something is to players, we really don't give a damn.

Meanwhile, they use folk like yourself to pull off some kind of sales pitch to the players in the hopes that it buys "them" time to see players, as some have said "get use to it" and be foced to accept .

Sad that "they" insist on this. As usual, once a company starts to make real monies profit they will only understand 2 things. A mass exoduce of the player population, (praying that they don't post negative comments on the web) or everyone stops spending real monies on the game. Which we both know, that some people will spend thousands on this game to keep up their reputation and would not revolt against the company by leaving or stop their spending because they have too much invested.

Well, once I have completed what I am doing for my friends in game, I will be leaving never to return. Good luck, have fun and let "them" know that messing with a good thing only breaks it and DOES NOT ENHANCE IT. A bored Developer is a dangerous thing to any game as they always need to find things to screw up in order to justify their jobs...

Well said, I already quit Two of the three worlds i play and once I finish my current world i will also be leaving the new layout isnt the same enjoyable game its just another add and innogames doesnt give two flying ..... (well you know)... What anyone who plays actually thinks

DeletedUser20688

Inno are so cancerous it's unreal, the way they scam money from the stupid userbase is disgusting.

Richard, get them to do something about this awful layout, I am getting fed up of clicking "X" just to do anything on this trash update.

DeletedUser

Amidst all the complaining, here is one thing that should get passed on to the devs as a something that was overlooked (call it a glitch not a bug) with the new menu bar. The new report/message/forum post count icons are very nice, but they do not reset if you read the message or open the report by accessing it through the drop-in icon notifications that fall in on the right hand side of the screen. This should be addressed as it is quite annoying to see the menu bar indicating new information is present, when it in reality has already been seen.

DeletedUser20688

Let me talk to the Inno guys I could make this game miles better than what it is. No inovation what so ever

DeletedUser

I prefer the old lay-out. It was clean simple and to the point. If I wanted animation and pixel crack I wouldnt be playing this game. The new menu bar blocks a significant part of my screen and also since its at the bottom constantly triggers my autohid start menu bar. Phone log ons; once only painful, have now become unbearable. If I had the option to go back to original menu I would in a heartbeat.

The reservation system was a non issue as most alliances had claim tabs in their forums. This type of feature is anti social and destroys MMOs.

Still trying to fathom the value of the new "Golden Goon" unit...

I can think of so much existing content that could be worked on like useless-near useless units/buildings/techs before adding new useless content.

Some words that come to mind for the update would be; gaudy, superficial, and annoying

DeletedUser10295

I like the new unit and his apparent role: a mythical that can support any city, cool. Now even cooler would be if the divine envoy had slightly different abilities depending on which god was worshiped in the city he came from. Maybe only make those abilities acessable with a high enough temple, or need the divine statue.

Edit: ok more spent playing the new update.
The new claims system is useful.

Very frustrating to play on phones and tablet devices with this update. Cant open battle reports, minimizing and then maximizing windows ingame is a chore. You now have to minimize windows to access administrator features when you didnt have to do that before. The huge premium button is gauche.

All in all this update makes the game screen feel more cluttered and claustrophobic, and vital features are not yet working properly. Not good.

Hate the bottom of my screen being taken away.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19523

I would like to suggest replacing the gold button with a 'home' button which goes to your selected city's homepage... who else agrees? I believe that it will allow us easy access to the most important area of the game. (aside from alliance and combat.)

like it but inno wants money. Don't think it will happen...

DeletedUser20688

I think Inno need to learn that doing a beta for these things is better than giving it to us like how it is.

Inno games Y U so poor at making games

DeletedUser

Good evening chaps,

Richard

Saying that the new layout is here to stay but is likely to evolve, is in itself a contradiction.
If all your premium members were to stop paying; why people pay over $100 a year for this when they could get the whole CIV series for similar amount; I fail to understand.
The fact that the developers/owners/innovators refuse to listen to the players proves that they are only interested in cash coming into the till.

DeletedUser20688

Saying that the new layout is here to stay but is likely to evolve, is in itself a contradiction.
If all your premium members were to stop paying; why people pay over $100 a year for this when they could get the whole CIV series for similar amount; I fail to understand.
The fact that the developers/owners/innovators refuse to listen to the players proves that they are only interested in cash coming into the till.

Totally agree

We are the ones who use the game, don't ask for feedback if you are going to go against us.

DeletedUser

Ok... I liked the new layout on my iphone for about five seconds. Then I realized that the windows overlap the top bar now. Please fix. And btw don't think I'm dumb. I can snipe a .25cm x square 9 out of ten times but if I want to press troop movements it advertises admin every time.

btw reports and messages are broken now. I click one and the third one down gets highlited and checked. I literally have to find a sweet spot to press and it takes 5 to 100 times to open it.

Is there an option for going back to the way it was?