Script New offline tool (map viewer, travel time calculator, statistics and more)

DeletedUser

jmnseiqs02.jpg
Hello Community,

I just recently created a new Grepotool which I am already sharing with the german Grepo community. It started out to be an interactive Grepo-Map with many visualization options but a growing demand for other features lead to its current state. Now, the tool is a map viewer integrating several features of Grepostats, Grepomaps and Grepointel.

You can use the tool to create amazing maps, to find ghost towns in your vincinity, to detect inactive enemys and to plan attacks.

The project is OpenSource and may be found at SourceForge:

You can use the following link to download the latest windows version:

Please extract the zipfile into a writable (!) directory or over an existing installation of the tool. After extracting the archive launch Grepotool.exe. Everything should work fine.

There will be frequent updates of the tool and it updates itself. I'm progging this alone. So I will be able to react faster than a commercial software producer but my resources are limited. The project still is in a beta state and surely still contains several bugs. Please help me improve it!
Features
  • Freely scroll- and zoomable map of any Grepolis world.
  • By default, towns are displaied in the color of their ally. Mouse over a town gives some infos.
  • Navigation tables for Allys, Players and Towns. You may add Any of these to a Bookmarks list for easy finding. All tables are exportable to BBCode or in plain text format for post processing in EXCEL for instance.
  • You may select allys (hook the color) : This results in a political map. Example:
  • You can select single players by hooking the color. Towns of these players will be rendered in their own color and remain visible on the map even you zoom out.
  • You can add tactical info to every single town. Including the units. Diabhoil created several useful tools for the purpose of easily transferring infos from Grepolis into the tool.
    Both scripts are reviewed and approved by the German Grepo-Experts. The plugin additionally is approved by Mozilla.org. Both tools add a button to attack reports, which simply copies the report into the system clipboard. The tool listens to the clipboard and imports the report if the correct world is loaded.
  • Attack planing support: You may add towns to a my Towns list and define a slowest unit for that town. Once you got towns in this list, exact travel times to any other town are calculated automatically. You may add a town multiple times and assign different units or create several different lists. I always have at least one list for my attack towns and one for my defense towns.
  • Similar there's a Targets list to which you may assign suitable targets. Whenever you click on one of your 'my Towns', travel times from this town to all targets is calculated.
  • Once you found a suitable combination of source and target, you can copy it to a plans list for further editing.
  • At every program Startup, the program downloads the current world data (max once per hour) from grepolis.com. Next it actualizes a local database. Thus it it is possible to gather activity information on each player.
  • You can search for suitable victims by clicking on the search button atop the towns list. There you may search for towns in a certain ocean, close to the curent map center or in the vincinity of your towns.
  • There's a world info view, summing up some general statistics of the current world.
Have fun with it!

Kind regards,
Pete

Latest version can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/grepo-tool/?source=directory

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi,
would some Forum admin please be so kind to delete all posts here except from the first one? I just recognized that following the thread may be misleading and much information is outdated :D
Thanks in advance,
Pete

DeletedUser

Hi .Pete.
After downloading and extracting a fresh copy of the 2.0.8 zip, then running the .exe and being prompted to select a server, for any server I try I get "Failed to read island descriptions".

Any ideas how to resolve this? Should support requests me made in a different place?

Regards
Sin :)

DeletedUser

Innogames changed the world data for islands. Now it contains:
$id, $island_x, $island_y, $island_type_number, $available_towns, $resources_advantage, $resources_disadvantage

DeletedUser47589

New features

Hi Pete,
I have 2 ideas and I don't know if you can implement them:
  1. Possibility to make a group and fill it with the players you want, so you can colour that group of players in the political map as if it was an alliance.
  2. In the "Polis search" part where you can see how many towns are around a town in a specified travel time, it would be useful to add an option to ignore cities between [points specified by user] and [points specified by user]. Also it looks that it always calculates the travel time with light ships, I can calculate the travel times with other units but it would be quicker adding an option to select the unit speed in the tool.

Now, I want to say that this is the best grepolis tool ever created, so thank you for your hard work. By the way, I using Windows 8 x64 and I can't create any map here. In my other computer it works fine, also with Windows 8 x64. It says "Failed to load island descriptions", and it looks that the tool isn't able to create the "stats.dat" file, because I created a map of a specific world (es36) in my other computer, then copied the stats.dat file of that map and pasted in this computer where the tool isn't working (in "data/es36"), and I could create a map from here, but I just don't know why the tool in this computer can't create the "stats.dat" file or whatever to draw the map. The rest of files of "data/es36" were exactly identical in both the working tool and the non-working one, I mean islands.txt.gz, players.txt.gz, ect. As extra information I can only say that I formatted 2 weeks ago this computer and before formatting the tool worked fine here, but the tool's version was a previous one, not 2.0.14.

Thank you for your time.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the flowers (as we germans say) :)
Well - the two points you mentioned would well be an improvement. While point 1 is quite easy to realize, point 2 (Which is actually point 2 and 3) is not. GUI interaction is always the most complex thing to program.

You have to keep in mind that not every user knows the unit speeds :)

Thank you for your input. I will consider this for a while...

Kind regards,
Pete

DeletedUser

Hi .Pete.
The version on Sourceforge probably needs to be updated also, otherwise it won't work for people downloading a fresh copy.

I've just tried a fresh install of 2.0.8, got "Failed to read island descriptions" on first run, then allowed Grepotool to update. Tried running a 2nd time, version now showing as 2.0.14, and still get "Failed to read island descriptions". This is using EN71

Sin

DeletedUser47589

Thanks for the flowers (as we germans say) :)
Well - the two points you mentioned would well be an improvement. While point 1 is quite easy to realize, point 2 (Which is actually point 2 and 3) is not. GUI interaction is always the most complex thing to program.

You have to keep in mind that not every user knows the unit speeds :)

Thank you for your input. I will consider this for a while...

Kind regards,
Pete
Thanks for the fast reply, and you can do what you want and you feel you can do, the tool is already awesome.
There is a little improvement you can do: when you have the table of "My towns" filled with some cities and there is a target, it could show in the map a line between the target and each one of the cities of "My towns". A line that binds the target with each city. Like this:
xbmCT3h.png

By the way, in Spain we also say that thing of the flowers :)
Thank you,

DeletedUser

Upload data

I have installed the Firefox plugin, but I cannot see where to upload the data to the tool? And the tool is not updating the data for the new US world released the other day. Is there something I can do to force this update?

DeletedUser47987

whens the next update? theres some US servers not on the list.

DeletedUser

You can also add new worlds manually in a specific file. but i think with the latest version this is automatically.

DeletedUser

Feature Request.
Increase the options for tabs selectable to the Targets table.
I am specifically looking for points and ocean.
This data is available as it is present in other tables for the player and cities.
Thanks.
Apa

DeletedUser47057

Hello .Pete.

I am now having the "Failed to read island descriptions" problem and also do not have the option to update via Tonda under Settings.

I am currently playing on US39 and did a new install of 2.0.8. However, when I open the tool it says 2.0.15.

Thanx,
Peyhun

DeletedUser47057

Really?!? No one else is using this script and/or having the same problems?

DeletedUser

Hi,
I love this application, I was using it all the time, until I got the same problem after using adwcleaner and ccleaner.
Some of my friends were never able to use it.
did you find a solution?

DeletedUser

Is this script avalible for NL32 Ghition??? end whit NL31 Efeze.