Script New offline tool (map viewer, travel time calculator, statistics and more)

DeletedUser

Hi,
I love this application, I was using it all the time, until I got the same problem after using adwcleaner and ccleaner.
Some of my friends were never able to use it.
did you find a solution?
So..since Pete is not playing any more, I took over the project and trying to give some support here

I've seen this bug in the german forum too and was able to locate the problem and find a solution. The tool is writing some stuff to the windows registry..particularly the version number. So if you had the tool used before and updated to 2.0.15, the registry will have 2.0.15. If you now download 2.0.8 he will notice that, download the new versions BUT will never update some library files who are important to fix the island bug (yeah thx to tonda
Inno decided to change the world data for islands here).

So what you can do. Either you can remove the Grepo-Tool parts in your registry by using regedit (recommended only for expert windows users) or you can download this zip and overwrite the files in the Grepo-Tool folder. The zip will "install" all needed 2.0.15 library files. Anyway I removed the 2.0.8 download and uploaded a 2.0.15 zip which contains the right files too...but this is just a fix too.

For those who cant use the "tonda"-merge: You can download and updated server.txt file from here and overwrite the existing one in the data subfolder.

For the script users. I am not sure if this still works...the script is developed by me but there have been a lot of changes lately to the grepolis user interface and I am busy with some more important things. So no support for this one at the moment

Oh yeah and if it still works...the tool must be running and logged in at the same server the report is coming from! Otherwise Grepo-Tool is not able to asign the report to the right town/player ;)

Hope that helped...

I am working on a new version by the way, since I cant compile the files for version 2 (my build is just not compatible with petes build and I dont know why..so the auto updater will not work in this case
). But yeah..this will take some time. If you find any bugs please contact me..maybe I can fix them for the new release^^

DeletedUser21784

to all who are missing the new worlds:

You can very easily add any new world yourself. Open the file .../data/servers.txt with an editor, search the country you want to add a server to, and add this:

country worldnumber worldname 0

example:

us 46 Baris 0

Save the servers.txt file. Then start grepotools and choose your world. The world data will be loaded automatically (maybe you will need to exit and re-open the program again, I don't remember). That's all, now have fun
kwadr.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17591

It looks like Grepotool has stopped working in the last couple of days. This also happens to be about the same time a new world opened up, EN90 Helike. Does anyone else have this problem?

DeletedUser31385

It looks like Grepotool has stopped working in the last couple of days. This also happens to be about the same time a new world opened up, EN90 Helike. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mine is working okay.

DeletedUser17591

Thanks - I tried it on a couple of different computers, but no luck.

Mine just stops on the splash screen, and asks me to 'Please select a grepolis world', then for every world I select, says 'enxx.grepolis.com is not available. please select another world'

I will have to save my data, and then try a re-install.

DeletedUser

Same for me, says server en1.grepolis.com is not available try another world.

DeletedUser

Thanks - I tried it on a couple of different computers, but no luck.

Mine just stops on the splash screen, and asks me to 'Please select a grepolis world', then for every world I select, says 'enxx.grepolis.com is not available. please select another world'

I will have to save my data, and then try a re-install.

How are you able to change worlds with no launch? I deleted the old world data, no help. Was thinking about removing all the listed world and just using the one I am playing in.

Not a local issue tried 3 different pcs and locations all fail to connect

DeletedUser17591

How are you able to change worlds with no launch? I deleted the old world data, no help. Was thinking about removing all the listed world and just using the one I am playing in.

Not a local issue tried 3 different pcs and locations all fail to connect

GT-Splash.JPG

Use the 2 dropdown menus to change worlds - However, for me apparently no worlds are available

There is no function in the program to remove a world, but you can accomplish this very easy.
just make a backup copy of your Servers.txt file in the \data directory, and edit it, change the number after the world name to 0 (zero). In worlds where you have data, it will be something like '1445809761 '. I don't know if the space after the number is significant, but I leave it in. This will remove the world from the menu, but the data will remain on your computer.

DeletedUser17591

I see that the tool makes a couple of entries in the registry, though I don't know the significance of them.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Grepotool and
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2741761045-2281874569-3572760856-1000\Software\Grepotool

on my computer. They appear to be related to window position.

EDIT: After I save these entries and remove them from my registry, the tool shows as version 2.0.8 on the splash screen. Restoring the entries and running the same file shows the version to be 2.0.15. The same happens after a new download

DeletedUser

EN 1 is closed. You can't go to a world directly. You must login through en.grepolis.com

I have no way of choosing where I login. I see the splash page and just wait for it to fail with a windows error.

DeletedUser17591

Could the problem with the tool be related to the recent change in the login screen, which now uses buttons for selecting worlds?

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit - I also have the same problem on a Windows 10, 64 bit laptop.

DeletedUser17591

Great News! -

Pete V has posted an update to Grepotool. In a nutshell, there was an issue with Http vs Https addressing. Details are on the tickets section of the download page. Download the new version 2.0.16 at https://sourceforge.net/projects/grepo-tool/?source=directory

To be safe, make sure to change the properties to unblock where it says it came from another computer, and then extract all before running (I just extract and run it from the downloads folder)

You will still need to update the Servers.txt file to get the latest worlds.

THANKS Pete - your tool is Awesome! +Rep

DeletedUser27940

Any chance of a version for players who use a real OS (Non-Windows Users), maybe as a browser plugin as opposed to a stand alone prog.
smiley_emoticons_hera.gif

DeletedUser17591

I have updated my copy to work in the new server, EN98 Rhodes. It worked for the first day, and then stopped downloading new data. Is this a problem with the data download, or is there another problem? Initially, this was an issue with some of the other 3rd party tools as well, but they seem to have been fixed, mostly.

The function "update servers by Tondas list" is still not functional, I believe because of changes to his website. But I have successfully added servers manually in the past without problems, and other servers have no problems getting new data from Grepolis.

DeletedUser17591

I am not sure what changed on this, but it appears to be receiving new data now. Perhaps it is related to the World being new. I will monitor, and report if any problems persist.

DeletedUser55356

Hello, I'm a french user.

I'd like to use this app but when I try to add a french world in the server list, it says the world isn't available. Could you please tell me how can I manage to resolve this?

Thank you.