New Player!

DeletedUser44027

Indeed. It's always good to join a guild near your city. Keep on making smart choices like that! :)

DeletedUser44027

It is, however he referred to alliances as guilds, and new players feel more comfortable coming into an environment where they're not getting technical corrections everywhere. Furthermore, grepo misuses the term alliance, in a sense, as it's an alliance between players. Indeed, each player has his/her own empire, but it's still a grouping of players, not organizations. In any case:

al·li·ance
əˈlīəns/
noun
a union or association formed for mutual benefit, especially between countries or organizations.
"a defensive alliance between Australia and New Zealand"
synonyms: association, union, league, confederation, federation, confederacy, coalition, consortium, affiliation, partnership More
a relationship based on an affinity in interests, nature, or qualities.
"an alliance between medicine and morality"
synonyms: relationship, affinity, association, connection More
a state of being joined or associated.
"his party is in alliance with the Greens"

guild
gild/
noun
a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
synonyms: association, society, union, league, organization, company, cooperative, fellowship, club, order, lodge, brotherhood, fraternity, sisterhood, sorority More
ECOLOGY
a group of species that have similar requirements and play a similar role within a community.

So they're synonymous in some cases. What's the problem with referring to it as a guild?

DeletedUser

There is no problem with calling it a guild, just some people feel the need to correct everything.

DeletedUser44027

Wait... Did they get rid of the party system, then!? :supermad:

DeletedUser

I heard they were bringing in Squads at the end of the game, similar to the XMEN Squads in Civ 5..

DeletedUser

Well, this is my first time playing Grepolis, and I really like it so far! I'm in the Titans guild and they're really close to my first city so that helps! Just wanted to give a quick hey, and hope I meet some cool people!

Welcome :)

DeletedUser

I appreciate the support! This community is awesome :D Idk much about it, but i'm sure some of you guys are in the upper skilled guilds, so any advice sent my way, I take in.