New Research Option

DeletedUser4996

Cave Raid -

Ever get bored and frustrated of trying to spy on a city and constantly fail because they've filled it to bursting, so you end up sending attacks on the whim that they are successful? What about giving your troops the option to raid a cave during the successful attack, a bit like how Mythical units can 'farm' favour.

The research points needed for this research should be 6 - the same as 'Temple Looting'. The resource cost should be double 'Cyrptography' - 5,000 wood, 3,000 stone and 10,200 silver, purely because it's the Ying to the Yang(?) - you know what i mean. I feel as if it should also sit in the 31-33 level Academy - the same as 'Temple Looting'.

In practice - If researched, the raiding party could have the option before launching, or has it as a default, to raid a cave, with a percentage of their returning troops loot capacity being reserved for looting the cave.

This would deplete the stash, give you an extra bit of silver and make spying successfully on them in the future less challenging. This would also beneficial to players who are on 'low silver production' islands.
I know that the whole point of spying is to avoid loss of troops and subly get intel on potential targets, but this is just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36697

would this Option be susceptible to cleansing... caves are an investment for the future and provide a huge tactical advantage when used correctly. I would hate to see days/weeks months/years(hyper) of work disappear in a few attacks.
Caves are vulnerable.. to other caves.. if you are irked at the size, of the cave, whittle it down using other caves.... 3/4 folks can demo any cave(lower amount spies) and the defender can do nothing to save his coin in the cave..

If you provide another way of stealing money than there needs to be a counter option...maybe the ability to "Camouflage the Cave" from any attackers

folks know what(resourses) they are getting when they set-up on islands... this seems to be an easy way to allow poor tacticians to equal the field.. rather than overcome the obstacle that is in front of them... that is part of the fun... team work to deplete a cave and then the "cleasing " that follows.. teamwork, fire and movement all apply
my gut says.... no...

DeletedUser53578

Yea, something new would be nice but the current system is actually fairly balanced.

Don't get me wrong, in a wargame the idea of say expert tactics and strategies are obviously never needed for a win, but to win in which hadn't had though most likely more so.

The problem in the proposed idea and say counter should just reduce the difference down to what the system currently is, which is fine but to have the current system still would then say require further costs just most likely supporting those who use coins most the time and not actually prompting the interest of outcome for the game in entire.

If there something else to it, might be more reasonable, but otherwise seems highly redundant in a redundant game already without essentially further redundancy for the difference to have it not be redundant.

DeletedUser36697

Yea, something new would be nice but the current system is actually fairly balanced.

Don't get me wrong, in a wargame the idea of say expert tactics and strategies are obviously never needed for a win, but to win in which hadn't had though most likely more so.

The problem in the proposed idea and say counter should just reduce the difference down to what the system currently is, which is fine but to have the current system still would then say require further costs just most likely supporting those who use coins most the time and not actually prompting the interest of outcome for the game in entire.

If there something else to it, might be more reasonable, but otherwise seems highly redundant in a redundant game already without essentially further redundancy for the difference to have it not be redundant.

are you dundat/finished? could you repeat that please? are you then a redundant repeater?
lmao at my wit