New to Grepolis!

• Thread starter Neokles of Athens
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hey all!

Just a quick one to say hi. Also, at what point can you join an alliance? Is it best to build up your city etc?

Thanks,
Neokles

DeletedUser

You can join an alliance whenever you want. But bigger alliances won't let you join if you have a really small city.

DeletedUser22940

Good luck.
If you are new, I would recommend joining an alliance ASAP so you can get the swing of things. Go for a small-mid sized alliance in your immediate area.

Also, check out the gameplay questions/player guides here in the forums as they will surely help you get started.

DeletedUser

Good luck.
If you are new, I would recommend joining an alliance ASAP so you can get the swing of things. Go for a small-mid sized alliance in your immediate area.

Also, check out the gameplay questions/player guides here in the forums as they will surely help you get started.

Thanks. I'll have a look and see if there are any that appeal.

DeletedUser38594

Hi everyone. I'm new to this game too, been playing for about a month. I've been attacked by players in Harpoon on several occassions and spend my time rebuilding. I've spoken to representatives of 5 alliances in my immediate area. Have been fobbed off or ignored. What does a man have to do to get ahead in this game? Having said all that, I still like playing the game. At least when I'm being attacked I'm not being overlooked?

DeletedUser22217

Hello Daz.
To be honest I don't think it is the best world for a Grepo beginner....speed 3, No morale. It will be hard for you.
To be taken seriously you should show some knowladge, and for this you need someone to teach you....so it is closed circle.

DeletedUser38594

Thanks for the input Nichy. I've played tribal wars for over a year. It seems to me that Grepolis is very similar. I'll find a way to get ahead. Tenacity is my middle name.

DeletedUser3613

You should join me in an alliance exclusive to daz's and we can rule the world !!!

DeletedUser24538

I agree with Nichy, it's a tough world! But stay strong and win!

DeletedUser38594

I know I have a lot to learn in this game. I am getting stronger and more knowledgeable every day and I won't go down without a fight. If I get wiped out early I'll come back stronger and more determined. his my be the wrong place for a grepo beginner, but I've never been one to back down from a challenge.

DeletedUser

Good attitude, I hope you find a decent alliance that has some skille dplayers who can teach you the ins and outs of this game :D

DeletedUser3613

Like the raptors on caly ? they are some cool dudes over there .... I hear they have a daz in their ranks (winning)

DeletedUser22423

I saw you found an alliance to join. I know Eur0 (who is in your alliance) from a different server where I have a different name and he is a good player. I am sure you will learn a lot from him.

For anyone else that is new and having trouble finding an alliance to accept them here is my advise. First thing is to make sure you are applying to an alliance physically located near you, next you will have a better chance of getting into that alliance if you are closer in points to their middle and top ranked players rather than same or less points than their last 5-10 players. Most good alliances will have a recruiter that checks starts, and if they see a flat-line of activity where no points were gained for a few days they won't recruit because the last thing any alliance wants to do is blind support a city where they can't get a hold of the player who controls it, the recruiter will be afraid you will stick them in that position and would just rather have your city controlled by one of their own players who doesn't flat-line. Another stat that recruiters look at is your abp and dbp gains, if you have a ton of dbp it will be assumed you are a refugee and taking you in might start a war with an alliance they don't want to fight with, and a severe lack of abp suggest that a player may not be interested in taking part in attacks and battles and therefor would be looked at as a simmer. Finally, communication being a key in this game, recruiters will ignore you if your request looks like this "can I join?" or "I'm ready to join your alliance". The recruiters put a lot more time into trying to figure out if you belong in their alliance, and they expect you to spend at least two minutes of time and effort to show that you want to be in their alliance and will work hard for the alliance. Recruiters want to see a paragraph explaining your game play style, what you would like to do for your alliance, what you want from your alliance, and lastly a link to your stats page to show that you are capable of using bbcode and are aware that the game is so much more than just building cities and points.

Good luck to all of you new players in finding a decent alliance. If you follow this advice and avoid the pitfalls mentioned you will find your way into a great alliance in no time.