New to Grepolis

DeletedUser43210

Hey guys, I was just wondering. What are the odds of a world closing down? I was thinking of investing a small amount of money to purchase gold in this game but after seeing the quick rise of new worlds and old ones shutting down thereafter, I feel a little insecure about how my money could just all go to waste.

DeletedUser

This is a slow world. Speed 1. some players have speculated about it having to close before it gets to world wonder stage but that looks less likely to happen now. Your choice is to invest now or to wait until the next world is finally annouced. We don't know when.

However if you are newbe you may wish to learn the ropes on this slow world first as the competition and play is lot more aggressive on fast worlds.

DeletedUser39849

when there are less than 300 players the world gets closed, we'll reach the age of WW which will take more then a year i guess

DeletedUser43210

What's the benefits of reaching World Wonder? I'm really sorry if I come across as a total 'newbie' to the game as I've just started less than a week ago.

I chose this world as it was the one that was recommended and hence have no knowledge of the benefits of a slow/fast world.

DeletedUser43011

What's the benefits of reaching World Wonder? I'm really sorry if I come across as a total 'newbie' to the game as I've just started less than a week ago.

I chose this world as it was the one that was recommended and hence have no knowledge of the benefits of a slow/fast world.

You win the game and gain a crown if you complete it

DeletedUser43210

Alright, thanks a blast for all the prompt replies guys! Couldn't be happier to have such a helpful; and responsive community :)

DeletedUser

Alright, thanks a blast for all the prompt replies guys! Couldn't be happier to have such a helpful; and responsive community :)

That's ok. Just be sure to read the wiki and learn how to defend your city because you will need it. :pro:

DeletedUser43210

That's ok. Just be sure to read the wiki and learn how to defend your city because you will need it. :pro:

Alright, I'll definitely do that. All that I have been doing the past couple of days is to establish my resource production and trying to lay the foundation for future growth. Defense was the last thing on my mind, but I think that'll have to change.

Out of curiosity, what's the lifespan of a world before its closure? (Generally)

DeletedUser

It really depends on the world. The worlds of old (RIP Gamma :() lasted for 3 years. Servers now will likely last for 1.5-2. The world ends when the server population drops below 300.

DeletedUser43210

It really depends on the world. The worlds of old (RIP Gamma :() lasted for 3 years. Servers now will likely last for 1.5-2. The world ends when the server population drops below 300.

I feel so much more comforted knowing that it'll at least be able to last a year or so. That way, the effort put into building oneself in game wouldn't be gone in a flash.. something I was initially worried about for this game.

DeletedUser39849

you're on the rim, people near you will most likely quit earlier

DeletedUser

What do you mean by that?

If you look at the auto updating maps, you will see that the world has islands gaining cities in a circular shape. The center tends to be populated first, and hence has stronger and more active players. The 'rim' is the edge of the word where late joiners start. Rim alliances have to fight inward to find enemies, which can be hard.

However in my first world three rim teams eventually survived to WW stage, beating the core teams by killing some and absorbing their members.

DeletedUser

Its actually not that big of a deal. The rim is also less competitive, which allows for easier growth.

DeletedUser

It all depends on if u are in a good alliance or not.. if u are not u are most likely going to die.. but if u are in a active one that does communicates and kill for you.. u will always be alright..no matter where u are

DeletedUser

true, but on the rim if you know what you are doing you don't need an alliance, not for awhile anyway.

DeletedUser43210

true, but on the rim if you know what you are doing you don't need an alliance, not for awhile anyway.

Ahh, I finally get what you guys meant by being 'on the rim'. I'm still getting a hang of the game but nothing much has been going on for me at the moment. Just trying to establish my city and building up my army.

Haven't seen much action yet.